Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Lock Appeal

Dear TWL Staff Ops,

On January 13th, I joined Dudgeon under the firm impression that Soft Lock was in place at the end of that Calendar day. After Dudgeon captains attempted to place me unto the TWL roster, they were told by Reckful, I was not to play TWL for the remainder of the season according to the rules in place.

Now, these rules are in place to protect the sanctity of the league and prohibit malicious squad hopping mid season, and I understand that.

However,

I come to you on this day to plead for a reversal in my case, as it was nothing more than a misunderstanding in technicality.
    As I have not played Trench Wars in close to 10 years, on a game in its last few seasons, I would like to play 1 TWL through to the end.

Thank you for considering my plea,
    Cheers,
    apt
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Apt, you asked me a matter of hours, maybe even minutes before squad hopping from Value on the squad chat what soft lock was and we all discussed that soft lock was already in place following the conclusion of our TWLD match at 5pm EST that signalled the beginning of soft lock. This is completely your own fault and not a technicality.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

3.06 Soft Lock
      All Trench Wars League rosters will experience a soft lock after the last Round 1 match. This means that any players that de-roster from a Trench Wars League squad will no longer be eligible to join another League squad for the remainder of the season. Players from non-TWL squads may still join.

The answer is still no.

5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
      1:Cig <er>> ROFL
      1:fiS> LOL
      1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
        Apt, you asked me a matter of hours, maybe even minutes before squad hopping from Value on the squad chat what soft lock was and we all discussed that soft lock was already in place following the conclusion of our TWLD match at 5pm EST that signalled the beginning of soft lock. This is completely your own fault and not a technicality.
        This is false.
        1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Originally posted by Reckful View Post
          3.06 Soft Lock
          All Trench Wars League rosters will experience a soft lock after the last Round 1 match. This means that any players that de-roster from a Trench Wars League squad will no longer be eligible to join another League squad for the remainder of the season. Players from non-TWL squads may still join.

The answer is still no.

You have not even considered it or spoke with other TWL OPS.
          Me being able to play TWL with Dudgeon has no detrimental effect on the league.

I made a human error, yet you refuse to consider the alternative.

Juice

Comment

Myself and Tiny are also TWL ops and we have discussed it with Reckful. How else do people squad hop and get caught up in soft/hard lock rulings other than by human error?
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

The only TWL op this wasnt discussed with is M_M God everyone agrees this error was entirely on your end on top of ricko saying he informed you of this before you even left value.
              5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful

Comment

is it implied that you must have been on the twl roster to qualify as being on a twl squad? there are people on the twd roster that are on twl squads but not twl rostered. i think it would be shady not to let those people attempt to get on a twl roster during soft lock.

if apt was on a twl roster, i suppose his bed is made. otherwise i think some additional interpretation of that rule is in order.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Apt left the Value roster at 14:50 Jan 13th. The twl roster that is

Comment

He was on the TWL roster. If people are only on the twd roster then they have until the conclusion of the round 3 matches before hard lock kicks in to join a twl roster.
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

ok. just checking. you might reword that slightly to add that to the rule. just specify twl roster.

Comment

I'll inform reckful and let him do all the work
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I dont like apt since he has been trashtalking me in past but im still on his side.

This again, is a spot where people could use common-sense. I know you want to give strict impression by stritcly following the rules but what's the harm in a situation like this.
                          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

i also agree that people could use some common sense when dealing with these sorts of issues.

Comment

the common sense argument gets taken out of this though by the fact I told him mere hours before he squad hopped what the softlock was and when it was in place and he still went ahead
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X