This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Lock Pre Appeal #2.. just in case

Got a message from Reckful saying Fatrolls is ineligible to play this Sunday's match...when I signed him up for our TWL roster the site said he couldn't play until 1/19 15:49 military time. Our game vs Value is 1/19 17:00 military time. I talked to a few mods that didn't see it being a problem but said they would let Reckful know about the situation. I then got a short and blunt message from Reckful 2 days ago saying Fatrolls was ineligible to play on 1/19 with no explanation behind it. I don't understand why this is?? Reckful if you read this, I messaged you asking why he wouldn't be able to play and explained that a 5 pm twl match was an hour and a half after the deadline date the site gave me. I have not heard back from you and therefore am making this situation known for the record. I just would like to know why he can't or if he can. From what the site told me he will be "legal" to play. Thank you and I hope to hear back.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

When did you actually sign him up?
    Former TW Staff

Comment

Hey Shaddow. Jan 12th 2014
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

The TWL website rules state that a player must wait one full round before being eligible. It also states that a round officially begins on 1 PM EST on Saturday.

Which seems fine for how the schedules used to allow Saturday games...

However, this year, rounds dont actually start till Sunday, as Reckful has declared that no games will happen on Saturday because of it always being postponed and wasting everyone's time.

Logic would dictate that if you made the change before any games started that round, then that round's matches should have been suffice. If you added him to the roster after the first game started, then he would have to sit out THIS round (as it was done after the start of that round, and doesn't count the "round of sitting out") and not be eligible till round 3.

Being that I'm not a TWL Op, nothing I say means anything, but if you did do it before the round's games started, I would agree completely that he should be eligible.

There's no reason not to change the rule that was made for the old schedule to better fit the "no saturday" schedule we have this year. To ignore that would actually be rather foolish actually.

tl;dr If added before round, let him play, if added after games started, he needs to sit a round.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

I see, well we played at 4 pm last Sunday and I accepted him at 3:49 pm so technically he was on before start of our 1st game by 11 minutes. Close yes but still ahead and in time and according to what the site says. I hope he can play as everything in rules and especially the site info I receive is all adding up then. Thank you for responses Shaddow
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Not YOUR first game, the first TWL game for any SQUAD that day. 4 PM is likely well after the round's games had started, so any time waited in that round would not count.

Originally posted by TWL League Info Page, rule 3.05c
            Players will not be eligible to participate in Trench Wars League matches until a round occurs in which the player cannot play (Example: Players joining the Tuesday after round 3 will not be allowed to play in any games until round 5).
            He did not join untill Round 1 was already underway, so round 2 would be the first round of ineligibility, meaning Round 3 is when he would become eligible.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
              I see, well we played at 4 pm last Sunday and I accepted him at 3:49 pm so technically he was on before start of our 1st game by 11 minutes. Close yes but still ahead and in time and according to what the site says. I hope he can play as everything in rules and especially the site info I receive is all adding up then. Thank you for responses Shaddow
              The rule for eligibility applies to when they were placed onto your TWL roster, not your twd roster. I put the player onto your TWL roster on tuesday after the week 1 games and therefore week 2 is the week he must sit out. He will be able to play in week 3 there is nothing to appeal here.
              3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

Originally posted by Undercut View Post
                The rule for eligibility applies to when they were placed onto your TWL roster, not your twd roster. I put the player onto your TWL roster on tuesday after the week 1 games and therefore week 2 is the week he must sit out. He will be able to play in week 3 there is nothing to appeal here.
                ^ This.
                5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                1:fiS> LOL
                1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

PALADEN IS MAKING AN OFFICI

Here are the rules plain and simple. Let's go over them together now.

3.05 League Participation Requirements
                  In order to be eligible for Trench Wars League gameplay, each player must:

Paladen Has Complied/CHECK A) Be registered at www.twleagues.org with the appropriate squad, as well as be a registered member of Trench Wars Divisions.
                  Paladen Has Complied/CHECK B) Be listed for game play on the TWL roster found on the TWL website.
                  Paladen Has Complied/CHECK C) Be eligible to play after the Standard Waiting Period. (See Rule 3.05c)
                  Paladen Has Complied/Check D) Not be serving a suspension from Trench Wars League game play.

Paladen has Complied/CHECK Players may be added to the TWL roster if they joined the squad before hard lock by putting a check in the checkbox next to their name. All eligibility rules still apply. TWL rosters will be frozen every Friday and will be unfrozen every Monday of the TWL season.

Undercut says>

"The rule for eligibility applies to when they were placed onto your TWL roster, not your twd roster. I put the player onto your TWL roster on tuesday after the week 1 games and therefore week 2 is the week he must sit out. He will be able to play in week 3 there is nothing to appeal here."

Um say what!?!? This is a totally an incorrect interpretation of the rules and the situation at hand. The time when a player joins a squads TWD roster absolutely DOES affect the waiting period that player has in order to become eligible to play in TWL matches. That is why there is a clock set when you try to move them from the TWD roster to the TWL roster. Fatrolls joined the Paladen TWD roster 1/12/14 Sunday 3:49 pm EST

Here is the rule......

3.05c Waiting Period
                  (Paladen HAS COMPLIED/CHECK) --- The Standard Waiting Period for roster eligibility goes as follows: Any player joining a squad for participation in Trench Wars League (this includes changing names), will be subject to a 1 Round Waiting Period after being accepted by the squad Captain.

(Paladen HAS COMPLIED/CHECK) --- Players will not be eligible to participate in Trench Wars League matches until a round occurs in which the player cannot play (Example: Players joining the Tuesday after round 3 will not be allowed to play in any games until round 5). Saturday 1PM EST is the start of the next round.

(This one may be hard for some of you to comprehend but is the real misunderstanding here. In your EXAMPLE you use Tuesday as a date a player is joining. 1 WEEK WAIT GUYS ! ONLY A 1 WEEK WAIT !!!!! so yes in the Tuesday example your player could not play twl the next round because it would be only 5 days he sat out.

In our case EXAMPLE..... Sunday 1/12/2014 3:49 PM Fatrolls joins, TWL game is at 4:00 PM Sunday 1/12/14 (He misses it because he is ineligible and watches from spec mode) That is his 1 game right there he misses guys!! This round counts!! (Paladen HAS COMPLIED/CHECK)

The clock will have run out !!. How can you make him sit out 2 rounds when the rules say one round and a one week wait Wanted to use him last week and couldn't. Fine the rules.. but now you say we can't again when the rules clearly state he is now legal to play. No where does it say in the rules that the clock stops ticking when the first TWL match begins. Only that they need to sit out 1 WEEKS game. Which he did. Paladen HAS COMPLIED/CHECK

He has waited a week and sat out a game. Those are the rules. Explain to me how I am wrong please.

The fact staff added him to our roster Tuesday has zero significance seeing as he joined Paladen on SUNDAY 1/12/14 at 3:49 EST and this is when the TWL eligibility clock started its countdown. The fact is guys the clock you are using as a deadline for him WILL have run out by the time our match begins, it will have been 1 week plus 1 and 1/2 hours past his deadline. Show me in the rules where it says 2 weeks / 2 games missed. He has missed one game already while on our roster. FACEPALM"""""""""""""""""""""""

oh yes this too ..

Paladen HAS COMPLIED/CHECK 3.06 Soft Lock
                  All Trench Wars League rosters will experience a soft lock after the last Round 1 match. This means that any players that de-roster from a Trench Wars League squad will no longer be eligible to join another League squad for the remainder of the season. Players from non-TWL squads may still join.

I'd like to make an official appeal now. Explain to me how I am wrong please. It clearly states Fatrolls is eligible to play this Sunday.

Sincerely,

Jessup Captain of Paladen
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

PALADEN IS MAKING AN OFFICIAL APPEAL ^^^^^^^^READ UP^^^^^^^^^

Somehow my title on my appeal essay got cut off... Staff better not attempt to do the same with my appeal......
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

jessup so gud

allow his request 2 be met
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Shaddowknight says

"Not YOUR first game, the first TWL game for any SQUAD that day. 4 PM is likely well after the round's games had started, so any time waited in that round would not count."

Quote Originally Posted by TWL League Info Page, rule 3.05c

5).Players will not be eligible to participate in Trench Wars League matches until a round occurs in which the player cannot play (Example: Players joining the Tuesday after round 3 will not be allowed to play in any games until round
                        He did not join untill Round 1 was already underway, so round 2 would be the first round of ineligibility, meaning Round 3 is when he would become eligible. "

Shaddow, I fail to see where this logic you are using is coming from. Please reread the rule you have quoted above ^^^^^^. It clearly states "Players will not be eligible to participate in Trench Wars League matches until a round occurs in which the player cannot play " I disproved your interpretation more thoroughly in our official appeal above. This rule is clear that the player in question must miss/sit out 1 twl match/week. Which Fatrolls did.

Again I'm sorry but I must also disagree with your interpretation about TWL round starting times negating players eligibility clocks. Where on earth did you read this? It absolutely says nothing about twl game day start times negating a players countdown. Show me where it says this. I'm sorry but you are fabricating the rules concerning this. I've read them carefully and no where does it say this. Show me where I am wrong. I'd love to see it. The start of a twl round has nothing to do with eligibility. FACEPALM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

The round starts on the FIRST game of that round in all of TWL, not the first game your squad is involved in that round. I don't see the times listed for other games on twl site anymore, or just not looking in the right spot, but if you added him at a time when other twl games were happening, then that round was already underway, and he has to still sit a full round after that day's games.

If you had actually added him one minute prior to ANY TWL games in ANY league starting, then I would agree he would have made the cutoff time to sit Round 1 and play round 2.

Round 1 starts when the FIRST game in ANY league plays. At least that would be logical to state. As mentioned before, the official rules are outdated as they were put in when Saturday games were still supported, but it's ultimately up to Reckful and the other TWL Ops to decide if they will change it.

The TWL rules also also not specific, in them stating if the time starts when they are accepted to a TWD roster, or TWL roster. The wording actually suggests TWD roster, as it uses the word "accepted by squad captain."

tl;dr: the TWL rules' wording sucks, and the TWL Ops ultimately decide how they wish to interpet them, or ignore them.
                          Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                            ...the official rules are outdated...
                            ...The TWL rules also also not specific...
                            ...The wording actually suggests...
                            ...the TWL rules' wording sucks...
                            I think this sums up the situation well. And this is Season 18? LOL
                            eph

Comment

ok ending this thread as its pointless.

1. Your title isnt even the rule you're appealing as you put softlock not the 1 week wait.
                              2. You added the player in question after last weeks games played read the rules you must miss the following week of games when you join a new squad.
                              3. He will not play any games this week as per rules for joining a new squad during the week.
                              /Thread
                              5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                              1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                              1:fiS> LOL
                              1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Working...
                              X