Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 reminder 】 Waiting Period / Ineligibility

3.05c Waiting Period
    Any player joining a TWL Squad’s roster after Round 1 will be subjected to a Waiting Period of 1 Round subject to rules 3.06 and 3.07. In other words, players will be ineligible to play the subsequent round after joining a TWL squad after the commencement of a TWL Season.

3.06 Soft Lock
    All Trench Wars League rosters will experience a soft lock after the last Round 3 match. This means that any players that de-roster from a Trench Wars League squad will no longer be eligible to join another League squad for the remainder of the season.

3.07 Hard Lock
    All Trench Wars League rosters will experience a hard lock after the last Round 6 match. This means that no more roster additions will be allowed.

i am simply posting a reminder of the rules, and a clarification on top of it, as most of you guys seem to be incapable of reading them yourselves, and this might save us some effort from having to explain everything to the squad captains and players.

this waiting period rule basically means that any player that recently joined a new squad will be ineligible to play in Round 2 and will have to wait until Round 2 ends before they can get added to the TWL roster. we are allowing players that have stayed on their TWL squad and not joined a new one to be added to the TWL roster without the player(s) having a waiting period. however, the player that gets removed from the TWL roster will have a one week waiting period as per the rules.

example: Heaven is a member of Thunder and has been on the roster before Round 1 started. he was never added to the TWL roster of Thunder and if he were to be added now to the TWL roster of Thunder he would be eligible to play in Round 2. however, if he joined a new squad he would have a waiting period of one week before being eligible. naturally, the person he replaced will have a one week waiting period as well.

if squad captains accidentally remove a player from the TWL roster, immediately contact a TWL operator and we will fix it for you. otherwise that player will be ineligible to play that week, and, if i recall right, can not even be added to the TWL roster due to the site restrictions. however, if you somehow bypass this without our permission, and the player plays in a match, there will be penalties for your squad and the players involved. always ask for a TWL operator to help if you are having problems or are unsure about anything. we do not accept "i didn't know that's what the rules meant" as an excuse.

if you somehow manage to bypass this waiting period without our (TWL operators) permission, there will be severe consequences for you and your squad if the ineligible player plays in a match, which will include at least one season ban for the player breaking the rules, forfeiture of any matches the player played in when he was ineligible and possibly additional penalties to the captains/assistants that added him to the game and a warning to the squad.

you can do this at your own risk, but trust me you will get caught and punished. stupidity and ignorance are not valid excuses, and anyone caught breaking any rule during the TWL season will be punished. take the competition seriously.

this basically means that players such as delectable, BongHits, Geio, Slum, Warportal, Mighty, NL>Terminator, Rule, NotSoSerious and anyone else that joins a new TWL squad from this day forward will have a one week waiting period before being eligible to play in TWL. this also includes any player that gets removed from the TWL roster or leaves their current squad.

we have allowed two players to change their names as they stayed on the same squad with their new name, and these two will not be affected by the waiting period rule. as an example, player Maze of Torment recently became a ZH and we allowed him to play on his staff name as he never changed squads. this will not be allowed often, and you will need the permission of TWL operators and TWD operators before we can allow you to change names in TWL. you are not allowed to do this without our permission, and if you happen to play while being ineligible, you will get punished as per the rules.

don't be stupid and follow these simple rules, and all of us will have an easier time. you can ask for any clarification to any rules from TWL operators, or you can simply reply here with your question(s) and we will do our best to answer.
    Last edited by Turban; 09-22-2014, 07:43 AM. Reason: fixed and screw formatting fixed that too

i realized that the rules on the TWL website are still bad, thus i decided to add some clarification to the rules and show what i wanted the rules to be this season. there you go. i'm not the greatest of explainers, for sure, and will probably edit this opening post during this day to fix loopholes.

the rules have been worded in a weird way, and its partly my fault for not checking tsunamis work. the waiting period rule basically says any player joining a TWL squads roster, but it doesn't clarify whether it means a TWL roster or simply the roster of the TWL squad. we went with the latter one which is the one i wanted to have this season.

tl;dr: join a new squad, you have to wait. stay on your squad and get added to TWL roster, you can play, but the guy you replace will have to wait. leave your squad and you have to wait.

this is yet again one reason why we need a better rules, and i would do it, but i'm not experienced enough to write a concise set of rules that would cover everything.
    Last edited by Turban; 09-22-2014, 06:10 AM.

Comment

if someone is capable of writing a good version of the rules that i just explained, please do it and we will announce the change and update the TWL rules as soon as possible, as per what we stated in the opening of the rules:

Trench Wars Leagues rules may be revised at any time by the League Operators, but notice will be given on the official TWL site (twl.trenchwars.org) beforehand. As well, TWL is a privilege, not a right, and this privilege can be revoked for any player by the League Operators with sufficient cause.

i have posted an announcement to the twl.trenchwars.org website that links to this thread.

Comment

Question for clarification: When does the round officially start? Saturday at midnight? Saturday at the time the earliest available game slot would be? Before the first match on Saturday?

I recall this being an issue last year, so it would be nice to have the clarification for everyone before it arises.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Players may be added to the TWL roster if they joined the squad before hard lock by putting a check in the checkbox next to their name. All eligibility rules still apply. TWL rosters will be frozen every Friday and will be unfrozen every Monday of the TWL season.

as per this rule, TWL rosters will be locked every Friday at 12:01 AM EST/EDT and that is when the round officially starts, and we will unlock the TWL rosters every Monday at 12:01 AM EST/EDT.

Captains will be unable to make any roster changes when the rosters have been locked, and if you have made any errors, you will have to contact a TWL operator and we will decide whether or not we will allow you to add a player to the roster. It is likely that we will not allow it unless you removed someone from the roster on accident. It is up to captains and the players to work things out.

any TWL rostered player that leaves their TWL squad after roster lock on Friday have to wait two rounds before they are eligible to play for their new squad; standard waiting period, as technically they are/were on the TWL roster for that week.

similar rules apply to players that are on a TWL squad, but not on the TWL roster, and players that are not on a TWL squad at all, but they have until the first match of TWL to switch squads if they wish to play the next week. if they join too late, e.g. during TWL. standard waiting period applies.
          Last edited by Turban; 09-22-2014, 11:26 AM. Reason: whoops time fix

Comment

this means that players that have been on a TWL roster during this season will have until October 2nd, 12:01 AM to switch squads if they have been planning on doing that as it is impossible to join a TWL roster when it is locked. however, if they leave their TWL roster after that final date, or are not accepted to a TWL roster on time, they are not allowed to participate in any future TWL matches of this season.

be careful about this rule, there will be no excuses for not abiding by the rules and it will be up to you and the captains to handle the situation. you can ask for TWL operators for assistance, but remember that you will not be allowed to play in TWL if a captain axes you from the TWL roster after the soft lock, no matter what the circumstances are, thus if you get screwed over by your captain .. tough luck.

Comment

fml let me fix when home; edited post above with phone.
              Last edited by Turban; 09-22-2014, 11:26 AM.

Comment

This thread getting out of control.
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

such activity, many word wow

Comment

3.05c Waiting Period
                    Any player joining a TWL Squad’s roster after Round 1 has finished will be subjected to a 7 day waiting period up until the Hard Lock before being eligible to play, except in special conditions. Captains may only edit their TWL rosters between Sunday 11:59pm PST and Thursday 11:59pm PST up until the Hard Lock.

Special conditions in this instance are defined as:

i) Soft Lock
                    ii) Name changes
                    iii) Player has been rostered on the squad since before qualifications ended

3.06 Soft Lock

All Trench Wars League rosters will experience a soft lock after the last Round 3 match. This means that any players that de-roster from a Trench Wars League squad will no longer be eligible to join another League squad for the remainder of the season.

3.08 Name Changes
                    If a player changes name and is not in breach of any of the other eligibility rules then a TWL Op can waive the waiting period. This rule is intended for exceptional circumstances only such as a player becoming a Zone Helper or a Zone Helper being promoted. Otherwise changing names will result in the 7 day wait.

3.09 Player on TWD since before qualfications ended
                    If a player has been on a squads roster since qualifications ended then this player is eligible to play from the point that they join the TWL roster.

3.10 Hard Lock
                    All Trench Wars League rosters will experience a hard lock after the last Round 6 match. This means that no more roster additions will be allowed.

To be honest Turban it is a bit rushed and could do to be reedited but I don't have time today.
                    killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Should have asked months ago when I offered and there was time to do dozens of redrafts
                      killing newbs since 2002

Comment

i trusted my boy Tsunami a little bit too much, haha. and yeah, those still need a little bit of work.

Comment

Turb,
                          I rewrote the rules 5 years ago and they were ignored. I offered this year to rewrite them (just like BWP did) and was ignored. So good job with the decision on 'your boy' Tsunami.

The rules need to be split into two distinct sections. First section are the ‘laws’. These are simple, unyielding, and seldom change. The second section should be the ‘sentencing guidelines’. THIS is where you allow some flexibility to accommodate unique situations and handle exceptions. With this approach the message is sent that the rules are firm, no bending.

But to be honest, the league can choke on the rules as far as I am concerned. I’m too old, weary, and tired of fighting for what should and shouldn’t be done with a bunch of kids who think they all know better. Live with the endless appeals, bending/breaking of the rules, drama, and other players exploiting everything in sight; it’s worked out great so far. You and this year’s league helpers will burn out just like all the others before you. Next season we will get someone else who thinks they are going to improve the league and it too will be another fluster cluck just like the previous 8 years.

I think its great that you stepped up and gave it a try but you failed to avoid the biggest hole that the league steps in every year. We never learned from previous the year's issues. You are pouring huge amounts of time into crap that has been the same issue for years with the exact same results. It is a shame because you obviously are trying harder then many previous year to make it better, but making a lot of posts isn't really changing anything. You should have made some sweeping decisions before the season started and sucked up the inevitable flames that would have come along with it. It should have started with new rules and putting everyone on notice to NOT press their luck or the axe would fall.
                          Eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                            Turb,
                            I rewrote the rules 5 years ago and they were ignored. I offered this year to rewrite them (just like BWP did) and was ignored. So good job with the decision on 'your boy' Tsunami.

The rules need to be split into two distinct sections. First section are the ‘laws’. These are simple, unyielding, and seldom change. The second section should be the ‘sentencing guidelines’. THIS is where you allow some flexibility to accommodate unique situations and handle exceptions. With this approach the message is sent that the rules are firm, no bending.

But to be honest, the league can choke on the rules as far as I am concerned. I’m too old, weary, and tired of fighting for what should and shouldn’t be done with a bunch of kids who think they all know better. Live with the endless appeals, bending/breaking of the rules, drama, and other players exploiting everything in sight; it’s worked out great so far. You and this year’s league helpers will burn out just like all the others before you. Next season we will get someone else who thinks they are going to improve the league and it too will be another fluster cluck just like the previous 8 years.

I think its great that you stepped up and gave it a try but you failed to avoid the biggest hole that the league steps in every year. We never learned from previous the year's issues. You are pouring huge amounts of time into crap that has been the same issue for years with the exact same results. It is a shame because you obviously are trying harder then many previous year to make it better, but making a lot of posts isn't really changing anything. You should have made some sweeping decisions before the season started and sucked up the inevitable flames that would have come along with it. It should have started with new rules and putting everyone on notice to NOT press their luck or the axe would fall.
                            Eph
                            ^^ This.

We all did want to help, but got turned down for several reasons. Guess you can only help if you are a staffer/idiot/turb's "boy". RIP TWL
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Because nothing is ever approved for change until a month before its needed. Part of it is because we cant get a person to commit to running twl and not quit during the off season. There should be a person selected to run TWL before this season even ends, and changes that are needed based off this season should be worked on immediately, and not be let to be "in progress" for 8 months and never actually done/reviewed/revised until a "correct" form of rules/whatever is decided upon.
                              Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                              X