Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

【 season 19 】 All-Star Weekend (Nov 9th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 season 19 】 All-Star Weekend (Nov 9th)

As promised some weeks ago in another thread, here is some information regarding the all-star weekend which we are hosting on November 9th. We are not going all out, but it should be fun nonetheless.

We are bringing back TWLDM which has not been hosted since Season 8. This will be a rather simple multi-team deathmatch to 10 deaths, with each frequency featuring their respective TWL squad and having their own safety zone where they will be warped to right before the start. We are going to allow Rest of the World to be a frequency, to promote activity and hopefully get a couple of more players to participate.

We are enabling the lag out module for this event and will give players a maximum of two lag outs with a return timer of 45 seconds. There will be streaks and possibly a special prize for the winning team and MVP, along with a mention of the winning squad being the TWLDM Champion of Season 19, combined with a zoner to congratulate the winners and their squad name (and the players who participated) being added to the arena permanently. There will be no limit to your frequency size, and we are allowing players from the squad that are not on the TWL roster to participate.

TWLDM will be hosted as the final event of that weekend and will be our main event as well. This is likely to happen on 6:30 PM EDT, as late as that sounds, unless luck is on our side with the TWLD scheduling. More information about this will be posted soon in a separate thread.

Secondly, we are going to host an all-star event in each league that same weekend, and it will be hosted during final regular season round as that is the week when TWLJ and TWLB has a bye week. The schedule is going to look something like this.

3:00 PM EST (TWLJ ALL-STAR MATCH)
    4:00 PM EST (TWLB ALL-STAR MATCH)
    5:00 PM EST (TWLD ALL-STAR MATCH)
    6:30 PM EST (TWLDM)

East will consist of players from squads that are seeded #1, #4, #6, and #7 after Round 6 finishes.
    West will consist of players from squads that are seeded #2, #3, #5, and #8 after Round 6 finishes.

The minimum player point requirement to qualify as a candidate for the All-Star Match is going to be 5.00 points in BASING and 7.00 points in DUELING SHIPS. This is due to the way points are handled at the moment, but it means you qualify if you have played at least two full games of TWLB or four full games of TWLJ/TWLD, or some other combination of played games and substituted in. You can find your current player points in the medal player points thread which can be found on these subforums.

We are going to open the polls after Round 6 finishes, and I will provide the list of candidates on these forums with their games played, average score, ship, squad and other information, depending on how much free time I will have at that point.

There are going to be certain restrictions in each All-Star team, such as a two/three player limit (depending on the league) from one squad, although teams may have substitutes from the same squad as well. However, these substitutes can not be used to bypass the limit that we have set. Naturally, TWLB All-Star match will have a higher limit of players from one squad, up to three playing playing simultaneously. It is likely that we will have five starters and an assigned captain, but I will tell more about this later when I have figured it out completely.

Voting will be done on the forums and with in-game messages, and I will send a periodical zoner with the link and date. You have to be TWD registered to be eligible to vote, this is to prevent players to cast multiple votes on a single player. You can not vote on your team mates. We (the TWL operators) will retain the right to remove certain player(s) votes if they are deemed to be invalid for various reasons, such as double voting. We will keep track of all the votes and will try to keep the polls as up-to-date as possible.

We reserve the right to make changes to things such as the starting dates, however these will be announced beforehand.
    Last edited by Turban; 10-21-2014, 03:16 AM.

Very Cool

GOOD STUFF!!!!!
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Good work thanks turb :laugh:

Comment

Was hoping theres an allstar match
        TWLD Champion 2014
        TWDTB Champion 2013
        TWDTB Champion 2016
        TWDTB Champion 2017
        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

there is going to be an all-star match, and i will post details soon, although no one will be able to vote until the end of next round when i get the player points updated. details to come.

Comment

making example(s) of what the voting tally will look like on the closed threads. i

Comment

I like how u put Paladen in the All-Star Ballot and not a single one from LEGO. Didn't we discuss favoritism like a few days ago? (and yes, I know it's not the actual list, but it's still annoying)
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                I like how u put Paladen in the All-Star Ballot and not a single one from LEGO. Didn't we discuss favoritism like a few days ago?
                Mtin-e-dik RU MAD BRUH??

Comment

Not rly, just making a statement. Mate.
                  Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                  Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Can we get more votes please? I feel like everyone will be voting for the same people. Should be able to vote for a lineup imo which will bring more people into play. I feel like you will hardly get 9 from each side.
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Fair enough, however I am pretty confident that we are going to have enough votes for full teams on each side, along with their respective substitutes. The voting opened today, have to see how it progresses, but if enough people vote it is going to be fine.

Comment

You do realize there's gonna be a lot of LD games that night? Why not just postpone this till next week, November 16th? Else most of ppl that play LD won't be able to witness LB and LJ All-Star games along with a few staffers.
                        Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I am not going to delay the season by one full week for something like this, sorry.

There is not going to be a replay week, but we will try to wiggle the time slots, if it is possible, to ensure the best turnout for each match and hopefully we can end TWLD earlier than usual for the grand finale. Having a replay week would push the season to end on December 20th, which is something I do not want to see and surely others agree with that statement.

This All-Star Weekend is meant to be for fun. It is not a super serious competition, even though some may see it that way, and will act as a "filler event" to give a larger array of players a reason to log on that Sunday. There was enough interest for one to happen which is the only reason I am putting some effort on this to make it a reality.

TWL All-Star weekend is not prioritized above the TWL Playoffs. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X