Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Warbird Debate (FOR NERDS ONLY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poseidon
    as far as i gathered i was generally considered the top WB on elusive in 2002; if not within the entire zone, i certainly was within the squad itself, which, given that is was the peak at least population wise if not competition wise in the zone, prob at least counts for something, and prob a lot of something. problem w elusive that season was that after we destroyed (i think i went something like 23-7 between both rounds) a light squad consisting of fieryfire, ruby, hmm forget who else... a few peeps on elusive (p sure one was demonfaze in his rookie season) choked hard vs onyx in semifinals on elusive and we didnt get to face siege in the finals as was expected, tho as far as i remember we were ranked #1 going into playoffs and had beaten siege pretty soundly in reg season. could be wrong. i do remember tho that there was a general sense in the zone the season that elusive was kind of a tier above siege. at any rate i joined rampage the next season.
    I don't mean to shit on anyone. Obviously people at the top are good, regardless of era. But ever since TWD was introduced in 2002 the average skill levels rose to some levels that even mediocre squads at around 2005-2010 could beat top squad from earlier. (that is just my opinion, not based on facts) Blood was still a top player in season 6 when TWD had finished its first season. He was still great in season 10 or something (2007-2008, I remember this because I was in the military then) when Rampage came back.

demonfaze is the best LD league player I have ever seen in this zone, and you might wonder why not Ease? I don't have a great answer to that, let's just say different eras. Obviously the most successful player is Ease in this zone bar none.

Originally posted by claus
    2011: Riverside, one of the highest peaks ever, Finals MVP on Sweet in TWLD (S15), won TWDT-D too.
    Riverside was without a doubt the best player in playoffs that season. Eric Clapton (vt) was finals mvp. Engineers mvp'd vs thunder too in semi-.finals.
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
    X