Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Warbird Debate (FOR NERDS ONLY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Warbird Debate (FOR NERDS ONLY)

By year: IN MY NERDY OPINION OF CARING ABOUT THIS GAME FOR FAR TOO LONG OF MY LIFE (I started in 2001, can’t comment on previous years but I’m sure nobody reached the peak of wb skill until at least this year)

2001: Blood/Banzi
    2002: Blood/Ruby
    2003: Sika/Raspi/Demonfaze
    2004: Mega Newbie/Demonfaze
    2005: Sika
    2006: Geisha(Baserman)
    2007: Delectable
    2008: Vys/Ease/Raspi/Colonel/Reaver
    2009: Ease/RaCka
    2010: Apok
    2011: Riverside
    2012: LaSenza/Apok/Engineers
    2013: Mythril
    2014: RaCka/Deez Nuts/LaSenza
    2015: Best/Deez Nuts

Players who I felt dominated in specific years but barely made the list:

Jack (2005)
    Jones (2011)
    Escalate (2005)
    Vihta (2004-2006)
    Skepsis (2013-2015)
    Mattey (2005)
    Tyson_Bitbeast (2004)

The highest peaks I’ve ever seen:

1. Sika (2005) - This wasn’t just about wb, he was the greatest player in wb/jav/spid all in the same year. MVPing nearly every single TWLD in dominant fashion and then finally claiming his TWLD title, MVPing ALL 3 ROUNDS IN THE LD FINALS. Nobody was close to him in 2005. And this guy was never seen in elim/twdd/wbduel, he just showed up as the greatest every Sunday.

2. Ease/RaCka (2009) - Sk8 vs Quicksand. Both were without a doubt the greatest wbs in the zone, both active and both actively talking shit every single day. Both were at their peak of skill that year and epicly willed themselves to the TWLD final where they faced off in easily the most anticipated LD final in history.

3. Apok (2010) - What this guy was doing in every TWDD/wbduel/TWLD was unreal. Probably averaged something like 14-7 in every game combined. He stood alone that year as the game’s best. Became somewhat inactive ever since then, but he definitely reached the peak of wb before he lost interest in the game.

4. Blood (2001) - the guy mastered warbird way before anyone else in this zone. He has the most legendary moment of dominance I’ve ever seen on this game, back when elim was the most important arena. Him and an up and coming Raspi were the last 2 in. Blood was 21-0, Raspi was 11-0. They dueled in front of a building crowd of 100+. Blood finished Raspi in less than 30 minutes with a record of 31-0, acing Raspi 10-0. Anyone who saw that duel wanted to ride blood’s dick back in 2001.

5. Myself (2013) - Shameless plug. Finally won TWLD as maybe the biggest underdog ever against Fierce solidifying the first Triple Crown in the zone, MVPing the 3rd round. Won TWEL-D the same year, defeating LaSenza in the semi final. #1 overall pick in TWDT. ez

My top 10, in order based off championships, highest peaks, overall skill, longevity and overall legend.

1. Ease - Won 4 TWLD finals while being the underdog in 3 of them, twice as a HUGE underdog. Has been elite since at least 2003, facing every single great the game has seen and continues to be a pillar on TWLD winning squads. The creator of ‘the spin move’, he’s kept the same style his whole career and it’s been devastating for over a decade. And just like Sika, never practices. Greatest winner the zone has seen.

2A/2B. Blood/Banzi - These 2 have to be rated together. The 2 most legendary names in the zone. Leaders of the first dynasty, Siege, where they took out every opponent in the era until they got bored and left the game.

4. Sika - The highest skill level I’ve ever seen and the most dominant year I’ve ever seen. Yet only 1 title on a stacked -FINAL- team, can’t put him higher.

5. Raspi - Best midrange/radar aim ever. Not even a question. Throw him in any era in the history of this game and he’s a top 5 player. Reigned from 2002-2012 until he quit. Multiple TWLD champion, TWEL-D champion. Elite in every area.

6A/6B. RaCka/Apok - I can’t put one above the other. Both mastered a similar style that require unbelievable skill, with RaCka being more rush oriented and Apok being more midrange aggressive. RaCka was inactive for many more years while Apok played on more stacked teams, but both of these guys are the kings of their era. The fact that they became elite in the later stages of the zone affects their overall top 10 ranking for me.

8. Deez Nuts - One word: Timeless. His style evolves into every era as he continues to play. Whether he’s a rusher, midrange or radar player, he’s able to be elite in any situation. Won TWLD with multiple cores, Syndicate, Stray, Fierce. Starter on any squad in any year in history.

9. Demonfaze - Along with Blood, Banzi, and Sika, one of the biggest legends in Trench Wars. Perfect style, incredibly high IQ, leader of Elusive/Syndicate. Top tier player in the era of the first elites until he fazed out of subspace.

10A/10B - Mythril/LaSenza - If I’m being objective, I can’t put either of us ahead of each other. While I became elite much earlier and was derailed by a 3 year ban in 2006, LaSenza worked his way into the ranks in the latest era of this game. And while I was dominant for more years, what LaSenza has done in TWEL-D (3 time champion, nobody else has 2) has to put him into the top 10 (top 11?). Both of us are 2 of the game's greatest solo players and we have 2 of the greatest TWEL-D duels in history, each of us winning 1 against each other, both by a margin of 2 kills, both duels being over 45 minutes long. Both of us have 2 TWLD titles. LaSenza is also the only player in history to win all wb leagues in 1 calendar year (TWLD, TWEL-D, TWDT) Both of us hit our absolute peak around the same time and then became somewhat inactive.

Of course this is just my opinion, and I'm sure I've missed a ton of players. It's probably impossible for anyone to agree with me as we all have our own perceptions of this game. Tired of just having this nerdy argument with RaCka and Ease at 3am every few months, so let's all have it here. (2016)
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Well im not a wb, so my memory isnt as clear as yours, but as far as i remember, your lists look somewhat reasonable.

As the baser that i am, i just wanted to add that sika was never the best spider in zone. he was top 5 during the season that -f- went to lb final.
    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

This is a pretty good list. I think Weaver deserves a mention just for how solid he's been for so long.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

It's a great list and it seems you covered everything. I don't see a reason to change any of the names but I think you messed up with some earlier years:

2003 was season 6. Sika didn't play that season, vihta was season mvp. Rampage went 10-0 in regular, I think they had Burnt, Ripper, Blood, Weaver and uhh someone.
        2004, season 7: -f- went 27-3 in regular overall, 10-0 in regular LD. Raspi, Sika were definitely the strongest from their team, Grapevine vs Syndicate in the finals. My vote this year is Escalate (regular season mvp)and demonfaze going 20-9 or something ridiculous in finals.

Other than that I need some more time to dig up stuff for a better reply
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Yeah I figured some of the years would be fuzzy, I didn't do much research, pretty much all from memory which shows how nerdy this whole thing is. But overall the time frames shouldn't be off by more than a year or so. And also it's tough to frame everything within a year period since more than 1 TWL etc can happen in more than a year, but overall you should get the feel of what I was going for.

Some players I've already realized I forgot, MetalKid, Weaver, Burnt, Ricko/Raazi in these last couple years. Probably still a ton more I've forgotten.

Ease also wants everyone to know he's won 5 TWLD medals, not 4. (fgt)
          PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
          ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post

Ease also wants everyone to know he's won 5 TWLD medals, not 4. (fgt)
            ahh, the elusive pinky ring. how could we forget about that
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Solid
              Last edited by Best; 01-13-2016, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I feel like Ricko deserves consideration for 2014, and Raazi for 2015.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Are we talking 6*s or all stars?
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Looking at just TWLD aka 5vs5, my bias list would be:

1. Ease
                    2. Deez Nuts
                    3. Apok
                    4. Riverside
                    5. Jones

Sub: Geisha

Put up any 5 warbirds against these 5 and they will lose, regardless of the era.
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

This is probably a very fair list, and as you said it's very hard to judge as everything is subjective - personally there are some wbs there I've never struggled against, but that's probably due to certain people having certain playing styles (rusher, sniper etc) that clash. However I know they've completely dominated twl/twd etc against everyone else so are worthy of their position as a top wb.

P.s. I'm way better than judas's Raazi and Best
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post

1. Ease
                        2. Deez Nuts
                        3. Apok
                        4. Riverside
                        5. Jones

Put up any 5 warbirds against these 5 and they will lose, regardless of the era.
                        Cant have a top5 without demonfaze and sika. but i guess u didnt see them play. And for people who didnt see Mega newbie on that season he raped, imagine current iron survivor(lag and skilled) but multiply it by 3x. His seasons with grapevine and stray were absolutely ridiculous and a huge carry by him.

My memories from blood and especially banzi come from my first 2 years or so in the game, so its kinda fuzzy. but i remember they were the best alongside demonfaze
                        Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                        1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

I like the list. I think most WBs rate skill by how they personally played against each player, so it does make it difficult. Regardless, this is a solid list, and while many other great WBs may/may not have been interchangeable here and there, none were far ahead of the people on the list for it to matter. There have been a lot of great WBs, but most have some sort of flaw that held them back. I think it would be close to impossible to name all the great WBs throughout the years, but this is as well as I think anyone could do.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post

1. Ease
                            2. Deez Nuts
                            3. Apok
                            4. Riverside
                            5. Jones

Remove this post my man.. It's for your own good
                            1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                              Cant have a top5 without demonfaze and sika. but i guess u didnt see them play. And for people who didnt see Mega newbie on that season he raped, imagine current iron survivor(lag and skilled) but multiply it by 3x. His seasons with grapevine and stray were absolutely ridiculous and a huge carry by him.

My memories from blood and especially banzi come from my first 2 years or so in the game, so its kinda fuzzy. but i remember they were the best alongside demonfaze
                              It's just impossible to compare from era to era because so many things have changed such as server location, lag limits, resolutions, population, etc. Obviously those guys were legends, but its like comparing Sika (Larry Bird) to Apok (LeBron James). Larry Bird is considered top 5 player of all time because he could literally do everything. But if you had to create a team right now, wouldn't you pick Lebron over Larry (assuming both in prime)?
                              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                              X