what is the plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the plan?

who is planning on running the next season?

i haven't heard of any plans and it would be in the best interest of the zone to get the ball rolling as soon as possible to generate some additional interest towards the league scene. it definitely wouldn't hurt to quickly assemble a TWL operator team whom would give out dates for the players to let us know what to expect in the near or distant future.

as an added note it would definitely not hurt to have some cross-zone efforts from the squad captains of our teams. there are a lot of active and talented players still playing in other zones, many of whom are wanting to participate in our leagues, and by simply recruiting and training these players we could potentially nourish the scene and perhaps give us a few extra years of competition.

the plan is to talk you into doing it again, you big softie
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

yeah about that one .. uh ..

no.

Comment

more importantly, when is TWIC?

Canada ready to defend our triple crown.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Finland's got a nice team soon. I think.
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

On a related note: Thanks to the popularity of 3v3 we are going to decrease the number of players in warbirds and javelins to 4v4.

We are also going to include some new features for TWL that I am sure people will like.
            Currently we have no dates and no official Head Op but we will make sure to announce it in due time.

Thanks,
            Jones
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Repost all the rules from last season. Same rules, same seeding schedule, twdt hasnt had any problems finding ppl to host. Post a date lets go!!

Im sure we have one basement dweller who loves this game still! And can take the 1hr out of their internet and mtn dew life style, and do the fine tuning like posting forum updates.

Just dont allow any bullshit with rule breakers.
              Simple right?!?
              Last edited by olde; 02-21-2016, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Could we include home arenas? I will make some arenas if we do.

Maybe send another email to everyone again stating a new twl will start! Updates and tell them what's squads will likely to play and the captain's involved. Perhaps involvement of real cash: MVP in jav\ wb\ basing or a randomly selected player who participates in twl will win real money.

If I get time I could perhaps record some games (one or two per week) Hopefully with Eren\ me trying to commentate (if there are better speakers out there then perhaps they could also come on ts)

Mayb allow all active squads to play twl instead of a limited amount?
                Last edited by Fork; 02-21-2016, 08:06 AM.
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

We need the dynamic duo of Turban and Claushouse back. Together they form the powerful combo that is Double Dragon:

Comment

Double Elimination Suggestion..

I posted this idea after Tiny started a thread last season about the flaws relating to the double elimination rules we used last season. His post is here and made a lot of sense. http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...ion-Tournament The setup used to figure out playoff picture was unfair imho so I'm going to suggest an idea for a double elimination that could work where the top teams get rewarded for the ranking they finish in during the season. My idea is a bit different but I think a little more balanced as it works from the bottom up and not the top down like the setup we had last season... meaning that the lower squads have to earn it more than the top squads. Last year the loser bracket squads got an extra game/chance to stay in which.. seemed really backwards to me ..The very bottom tier squads should not be rewarded with an extra chance while the top tier squads get no bonus themselves for what they achieved in regular season. So my idea is instead of doing a 3 round match structure with 6 squads how about we have only 5 SQUADS in the final set of 3 round match structure games for this years playoffs. It would work as follow

Regular season happens.. we get a top 6 situation resolved. Games would then happen as follows.....

TEAM 5 and TEAM 6 play a one round match "BATTLEOFF" for true playoffs...Loser is OUT

TEAM 4 plays winner of the above match (Team 5 or 6) (now true playoffs begin with the 3 round matches).........Loser is OUT

TEAM 2 plays TEAM 3 (3 Round match)

-Winner of above match faces Team 1 . Loser of above match plays winner of match TEAM 4,5 or 6 results

-(1st seed team gets a by week during these games avoiding this part of the playoffs as a reward)

TEAM 4/5/6 winner plays TEAM 2/3 loser (3 round match) ...Loser is OUT

TEAM 1 plays TEAM 2/3 winner... Winner makes finals .....

Loser of above match either Team 1,2 or 3 plays winner TEAM of 6,5,4 results ... Loser is OUT ... Winner makes Finals to face Winner of TEAM 1,2,3 results

This way the top teams are rewarded for their placement during the regular season while the losers have to really earn the spot. It puts the burden more on the losers than the winners. Hope this makes sense.. it should, a graph would be easier but deal with it. Perhaps this can be what we do this year, Would love to hear feedback on this idea.
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Royce summed up the unfair aspect really well in tiny's thread. Royce said "Hold on, so you're telling me

The winner of the losers bracket gets to lose and still make the finals

But if the winning brackets team lose once they are out for good.

Rofl who is running this season and why arnt they banned from the game in general? Fucking morons all over the place.

Not sure why we should even accept this type of shit, the replay week appeal was enough bullshit as it is.

Rofl wow "
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Oh ..one last thing..this is not a trash turban thread .. he did a great job but I do think the double elimination aspect needs to be tweaked to be more fair.
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

jessup if you want double elimination in twl playoffs just convince mythril to be head op so he can change the format when his squad loses
                          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Do world cup round robin TWL tournament, ffs its not that hard. 12 squads for TWLD, four groups of three, Groups based on TWDD at time of cutoff 1/8/12 2/7/11 3/6/10 4/5/9 play each other once each, another week to decide tiebreakers in division and then semi-finals and finals. TWL doesn't need to be 20 fucking weeks long with our current playerbase and gives TWD a reason to exist as higher seeds have easier group play.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Said this ten years ago, you are welcome.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X