No announcement yet.

Two simple suggestions for TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it make more sense to limit rosters of the best 2-3 squads to 16-18 or something low and keep the lower squads rosters with bigger rosters.

It would make more sense because the top teams have usually have more active/ more skilled players on them.

The size of the roster should be based on: the rank of the squad/ the number of leagues they will be involved in.

Example:

Roster limits:

3 leagues:...............2 Leagues:...............1 League:

Dice 16...........................Dynasty 15....................Kong 12
    Thunder 16.....................Paladen 16
    Force 18
    Cobra 18
    Lego 24
    Spark 24 (worst teams= bigger roster)
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

New year, New rules. Fk All

I have 2 simple suggestions #1 Dont let double squader, corrupt, stacking, trash talker Ogron run TWL.
      #2 Don't do player rating systems (like twdt) as the ratings are never correct.

And heres another suggestion remove the res limits in TWLD. (Adapt or get steam rolled) it is 2016.

Also put a 20man(mybe even smaller) roster cap for 3 league sqds ( player base is small as fk in twd, mybe 40-50 players per league) That means every sqd can grab 5 starters for each league no problem. There isnt many 1 leaguers left in the game, ppl have adapted to other ships.
      Last edited by olde; 04-10-2016, 10:43 AM. Reason: fuk all

Comment

A roster cap is definitely needed at this point in the game's life to get things started in the right direction otherwise there will only be 4 teams for TWL.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Took the liberty of counting (downthere on the post) the obvious.

This excludes really inactive people on each roster who don't play anymore, and takes into account who's capable to play in each league, regardless if a player can multi-ship. And also, if they usually show to TWL or TWDT being somehow a sunday only player.

Obviously the count is higher excluding multi-ships but it's good to see the versatility of every squad, and see how many capable people to play in TWL there are. As an example, Cobra has 15 for twbd. Only I'd say 11-12 will actually "count" for their purposes. Which leaves someone for example like Tripin who could base and jav and not just be a wb starter. Same goes for Jessup who could triple league, and the examples are immense on every single squad. It really doesnt matter how high or low the skill is, just how much versatility we have that we could use and hence have more squads / spread out competition.

At the moment we have 9 twdd squads, 7 twjd squads, and 6 twbd squad (one with 3 games). Hopefully another squad is created that can fill that last jav spot and another base spot. Could easily be created due to the excess of mans everyone has.

"We need more people like this on TWLD" - " Need to incite people to play other ships "

Things like this are heard frequently. That idea of player borrowing on TWD needs to be happening soon. Apparantly on that TWD thread it was said it was possible, leaving the double-squadding option out. The sooner we get that option, let's say 1 for dueling leagues, and 2 for basing, the better. TWD and TWL are deeply connected, and 'fixing' TWL has to be done through TWD too, as long as it has this Squad-Qualify-Compete format.

Looking at TWD hurts my eyes papis. Are we all idiots?

Sadly there was always this bad mentality of sitting on a video game, and having rosters filled with 40 babaloos.

Player borrowing will cut down the fear of lack of activity (given how the game is these days) and need to have such big rosters, as super inactive people for the most part are really squadless, so that old bull of having names on a roster just 'cuz', needs to be thrown out the door.

1) Player borrowing on TWD as fast as you can. It will help alot, even more considering the game's current state.

2) Enforce a reasonable TWD roster cap again and once and for all, around 25.

3) Enforce a stricker TWL roster cap. 3 leagues, 18-20. 2 leagues, 14-15. 1 league, 9-10.

A squad only really uses 7 to 9 in dueling leagues, and 11-13 in basing. Anything more is stupidly in excess.

The other option someone mentioned to benefict 'weaker' squads having bigger rosters, while good squads having smaller, due to having more multi-ship players is also a good option. Whichever it is, make it low.

4) In case no more squads are created, invite 2 squads for TWLB and allow em a bigger roster space, as a prize and allow to accomodate more willing basers to play TWL.

The sooner the caps are determined with player borrowing being available, we'll see roster cuts, with activity still being possible and thus more likely people forming small squads to try to get into TWL (or even for just TWD's sake) which is a basicly a walk in the park these days. Just saying!

Dynasty - DD: 16 JD: 13 BD: 8

Cobra - DD: 9 JD: 11 BD: 15

Dice - DD: 10 JD: 11 BD: 23

Force - DD: 11 JD: 15 BD: 22

Kong - DD: 13 JD: 0 BD: 0

Lego - DD: 8 JD: 6 BD: 27

Paladen (dying?) - DD: 9 JD: 2 BD: 0

Thunder - DD: 11 JD: 16 BD: 25

Spark - DD: 12 JD: 10 BD: 10

Edit: Oh and stop being scared of changing old ass dogmas that have been clouding us for years. If we wanna make this legit and enjoy the 'last' ride that TW can offer league wise, things have to be forced a bit, or else we're back to 5, 40 man squads. I'm a dinossaur and i'm telling you, make moves or don't at all and let's all just sit here, staring at each other reading Claus's Chronicles of how many doa's Mattey had playing base since 2000, Amnesti's CSI videos or Tower's mambo jambo, which by the way, all add great contribute on their own style!
          Last edited by Stayon; 04-13-2016, 01:42 PM.
          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
          Your friend,
          ​​Papi
          ​​​​​

Comment

Totally agree with stayon here stop being pussies and caring about what all the garbage and stacking let's get strict and make it fun and competitive at the same time! Just force the caps if people cry than they just won't play no big deal
            Geio> Down to chill and play that
            Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

BTW, there is a difference between the TWL roster and the TWD roster. Seems like a few of you are failing to see that. 10 players rostered is fine for a 1 league team. To help make this work, we need to allow the caps freedom to fix their rosters minutes before their match not w/e the allowed time used to be, 2 days? Since I know it may take a while to update on the site, just have the host approve of the transaction and that person will be locked on the roster for that game and for the following week. Would make rotating players on the roster so much easier.

I've also did help calls telling staff I was willing to donate money for weekend events and also towards prizes for TWL. This was a few years back. Left_Eye responded after about five attempts and said thanks for the nice gesture and then I never got any feedback from anyone. So I think there may be little interest by staff and/or league ops.
              Last edited by Rasaq; 04-14-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

remove res limits. twdt had none no one complained no issues, people wanting res are kids with laptops with windows xp

ty4dis
                https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                X