Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brainstorming TWD/TWL and other random TW ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainstorming TWD/TWL and other random TW ideas.

Most of this is just random ideas that make little sense but I could explain them if needed. Its just a list I have compiled that I think need to be done (or maybe not) that can help TW. I just want to help this upcoming TWD and TWL more competitive and also help TW population slowly rise back up. So here is my input.

New TWD/ TWL Ideas for this upcoming season
    TWLD - 13 + 2 adds = 15 (Only 13 can be active during the week, but u can switch prior to Saturday night

- 1 League Squad Roster Limit

TWLJ - 18 + 2 adds = 20 (Only 18 can be active during the week, but u can switch prior to Saturday night -

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

TWLB - 28 + 2 adds = 30 (Only 28 can be active during the week, but u can switch prior to Saturday night - 3 League

*TWLB - 18 + 2 adds = 20 (Only 18 can be active during the week, but u can switch prior to Saturday night - 1 League

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

1) Dedicated writers who are chosen to watch 1 game only and write a Hot or Not on it each week. So we would need several people involved. If we could get video like FieryFire did that would be great as well.

2) Trench Center I would like to see come back. If I could hire H Jon Benjamin for his sweet buttery voice, I would. The Pusher was great at it; I know we have several people who like to host radio. So if they could prepare for a segment each weekend on Sundays that we could listen to that would be great.

3) TWLM? What ever happened to that. I know that was Ardour’s thing but if we could get that back up and running with non-bias numbers and added features that would be great.

4) Also maybe think about bringing back home arenas. Years ago I know when I was on rusher and we were the home team it was on our map. Something to think about.

5) The res limit has simply got to be removed folks. We don’t live in 2000 anymore. Technology has progressed and screens get bigger and bigger. I can assure you that it won’t make anyone better or worse. Small and big res has its pros and cons. Plus I believe it will bring more people to play in league matches.

6) TWLD site stats needs to be synced up correctly. It seems in the past games never even showed up and all the numbers were completely wrong.

7) Mid-season ALL Star game for fun I think should be placed in the middle of the season. Give players something to play for and a week to play without perhaps so much pressure and just have fun.

8) Staff, staff and more staff. Make sure we have someone in charge of TWL set, someone who picks who is hosting what and that they are trained and that everyone is on the same page.

9) For TWD, I think it needs to be reset now, 3on3 has to be removed and 4on4 or 5on5 has to be the only option. If that forces a squad leader to recruit from pub who just came from Steam a chance to get hooked and is the next Sika. Congratulations. But in the end of the day it gets more people involved.

10) I Like the advert for new squads that Shadow has implemented. I know he described to me some of the cons of it but if we can tweak that I think it is a really good idea.

11) I’d like to see if we can get 15-20 teams in all 3 leagues for TWL (I know it’s crazy but hey let’s aim for the stars and if we miss at least we are still on top on the world)

12) We need Turban back for TWL to run, he is burnt out and has had enough and not much help. I think with the right tools and people around him you might be able to convince him back on. Unless someone can bring Overstrand back from the dead (lol)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow all your friends and keep up with the latest news and updates going on in Trench Wars everyday on Facebook at: http://www.trenchwars.org/facebook - Don’t miss out on any of the action! (Possible advert to keep people posted. FB is used every single day so why not take advantage) I.d. gave me the idea on this. I actually had a few on my list that I added and logged on the next day. Small example of it working.

Put more attention on TW donation and have someone trustworthy in charge so there are no scandals unlike what I’ve heard in the past. True or not I don’t know, but Maybe promote this more. I like the cash bucks for pub in return for donation to TW. What I don’t like is that we have $0 for

Total Donations $12,219

I know we use PayPal for payments and I also know their fees are ridiculous. Not sure how we are setup but perhaps try Amazon payments option allows us to process the donation immediately and with fewer issues/fees. Also maybe add a bitcoin option as a mean of payment for those who don’t want personal info out there. Lot of money wasted there, this is a current example.

PayPal Fees $178.76 $35.52 $94.06 $31.08 $1.08 $339.42

I took advantage to see if the TW Chat app for Android was still running which it is. I think we could market this more and maybe add some updates for this. That way when we are away for those long work days, we can still chat with our friends and not miss anything. I also noticed there is no IPhone, IPad, etc. Version. If we could add that to that platform that only helps our cause and taps into the Apple lover market.
    3x TWLD All-Star
    2x TWLD Finals MVP
    2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

13) Random idea for pub is to bring back the old school map without the blocks. As you can see the squad LevTerr is back by Bounty and back in the day was a popular squad. I would request like make an event out of it or one day a weekend we revert back to the map we had when we actually had 300,400 players.
    3x TWLD All-Star
    2x TWLD Finals MVP
    2x TWLD Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Delectable View Post
      13) ) The res limit has simply got to be removed folks. We don’t live in 2000 anymore. Technology has progressed and screens get bigger and bigger. I can assure you that it won’t make anyone better or worse. Small and big res has its pros and cons. Plus I believe it will bring more people to play in league matches.
      we dont live in 2000 anymore
      the best of the best in our zone use the same res, not 2600x01600 vs 1920s1080 I think that is a good thing.

I can assure you that it won’t make anyone better or worse.
      we just had a draft tourny where 1920 res people were doing great. I don't really give a damn about that. you have to use it for a while to do good consistently. i posted in another thread what twd rec i got without much effort.

Plus I believe it will bring more people to play in league matches.
      it wont. we if we see an increase it would javs or basers, pubbers or new people would not play twl

I like your ideas, especially the twld stats. they have been suggested before but here we are.
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

edit: can't edit my post as I can't see anything if i press 'edit'.

Comment

What up Jones. The res thing doesn't bother me, mainly cause I've had played on all of them and unless your used to it, it might help, it may not. At the end of the day you have to make the shot. Just like basketball. Anyways we will make this my point #14

14) Thanks to my friend Cres, I was informed that we don't have the kills/deaths above our radars like we do in TWD. I used to think it was annoying but found it more useful now. This is a must add for TWL, wbduel, etc. Because I die more times seeing what record I have (which usually stinks) but it would be a nice improvement. Also !watchnme would be nice to add to wbduel and javduel. I think it helps brings people together and makes it easier
          3x TWLD All-Star
          2x TWLD Finals MVP
          2x TWLD Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Delectable View Post
            14) Thanks to my friend Cres, I was informed that we don't have the kills/deaths above our radars like we do in TWD. I used to think it was annoying but found it more useful now. This is a must add for TWL, wbduel, etc. Because I die more times seeing what record I have (which usually stinks) but it would be a nice improvement. Also !watchnme would be nice to add to wbduel and javduel. I think it helps brings people together and makes it easier
            this is probably very easy for staff to do and it should be implemented in all formats of twl, wbduel, and javduel as well. i think it only exists in twd and elim as of now.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post

I have replied to these threads for over 5 years now and I don't care anymore if you want to use a higher res, that's fine with me. I'm "merely" asking to put a limit in there somewhere like 1920x1080 or something...

10 wbs hold the entire zone hostage and refuse to play if the res-limit is raised. Nothing better to prove your worth in LD by beating 1280x1024 with 2560x1600
                Forgot to reply to you properly, last time I typed half a sentence, was drunk and 300km away from home. Too much sun.

Anyways, a limit high like that would be good enough, so I agree there. Comming from a guy who has no place to talk about wbs except the last year, its quite frankly the same shit, I feel that with the standard 1280x1024 that I've been using recently for wb. Can't be bothered if people have 2000 or 2500 res, doesn't hurt my belly or change anything and at the same time I'm not preventing people's resolution liberation. If i'm gonna start putting up excuses, then I would of quit this game years ago due to every single you of you babaloos eating on my screen. Every day.

Oh the misery of playing when every single player eat every single round because I'm an ocean away from the server. Even worse when internet connections were way worse years ago. Can you imagine? You certainly do a bit, by your own experience of living in Funland.
                Or even sitting out 2 seasons, due to my own bitch lag years ago...but I'm moving out of the subject now.

Instead I think, "don't be mad, get glad".

Then I shut up and don't use lag as a scape goat. Or having Turban as my favourite jav duel opponent over the years. Am I crazy? No. I embrance hardships and go to Toys R Us with all of you. I'd love to go 20-0 every round without lag but it's not how life works..because things don't always go your way.

A bunch of dense people stuck to 2000 settings and still are over the last 15 years..scared out of their ass of liberating people to play on whichever setup they feel.

Nothing better to prove your worth in LD by beating 1280x1024 with 2560x1600

How about...nothing better to prove your worth in LD by beating 2560x1600 with 1280x1024

For all it's worth...nothing will change and in a weirdly way maybe it's for the best. Grown ass man getting their first white hairs...playing on 2000 resolutions is a fitting end.

You know that feeling of an erupting butterfly of it's cocoon? That's the irony of still not doing it my larva friend...but if you do..shine like nothing matters!!

PS: My boy 89 still checking TWL threads..after surrendering to his own lag.
                Last edited by Stayon; 05-01-2016, 11:52 AM.
                Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                Your friend,
                ​​Papi
                ​​​​​

Comment

M_M God, Shadowmere, Beasty, whoever...

You were fast to reply on that staff thread, due to that mongoloid being suspended.

Can you be as fast informing the 100 man audience you got?

Player borrowing for twd? Roster limits? Any type of changes to either leagues? Dates? Any goof who's hosting?

It's cool for me, I'm one of the 'losers' of the 5% who voted for a TWL after the summer, in September.

I'll wait whatever you guys feel like, October would even be better. But, 90% of your audience wants a TWL really fast..as the hype is unreal.

Cocoons...again all over my head. You people...<3

PS2: Some good ideas Dele.

PS3: Back to United-Leicester game. Foxes!
                  Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                  Your friend,
                  ​​Papi
                  ​​​​​

Comment

2560x1600 res and you still have to use the radar. Anything where you cant see outside the radar seems fine for any league because that was the whole point of the radar as well as res. The only ship this really will have any bearing on will be the WB so I don't see what the true problem is. Not many of you ever use a WB in base. That's just a fact. In base a smaller res is better till the base is expanded which only happens when the zone is active/has lots of ships in base. The only place it would really come into play is duel's and the current strat of having one rush to push the other team into an area your team has a better shot it would just give people longer ranges and better chance to dodge so longer matches.
                    The other thread talking about posting the game on more sites to bring in more people is an idea as well.
                    The best I saw was getting someone to write a short digestion of matches on here or elsewhere for people to read and get involved in.
                    I remember here when i forget who but they were doing that as well as posted some video and everyone loved that so yea that is a very good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                      Jones will you still not take hot showers with me???
                      3x TWLD All-Star
                      2x TWLD Finals MVP
                      2x TWLD Champion

Comment

lol Stayon didn't know u were so far away. and thanks for the suggestions! I'm also on your side with TWL starting in September like it did in the earlier years. It was once the big one time event that everyone lived for and now we play it so much it is just losing its value in my opinion. So I would support that and on top of that I think we need the time quite frankly to get our sh*t straight staff wise because one (i m not on it, jk) and 2 its a mess and I know they are making changes so we will see what arrives from that.
                        3x TWLD All-Star
                        2x TWLD Finals MVP
                        2x TWLD Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                          M_M God, Shadowmere, Beasty, whoever...

You were fast to reply on that staff thread, due to that mongoloid being suspended.

Can you be as fast informing the 100 man audience you got?

Player borrowing for twd? Roster limits? Any type of changes to either leagues? Dates? Any goof who's hosting?

It's cool for me, I'm one of the 'losers' of the 5% who voted for a TWL after the summer, in September.

I'll wait whatever you guys feel like, October would even be better. But, 90% of your audience wants a TWL really fast..as the hype is unreal.

Cocoons...again all over my head. You people...<3

PS2: Some good ideas Dele.

PS3: Back to United-Leicester game. Foxes!
                          lol Stayon didn't know u were so far away. and thanks for the suggestions! I'm also on your side with TWL starting in September like it did in the earlier years. It was once the big one time event that everyone lived for and now we play it so much it is just losing its value in my opinion. So I would support that and on top of that I think we need the time quite frankly to get our sh*t straight staff wise because one (i m not on it, jk) and 2 its a mess and I know they are making changes so we will see what arrives from that.

DOUBLE post sorry its early
                          3x TWLD All-Star
                          2x TWLD Finals MVP
                          2x TWLD Champion

Comment

Rothe -

Ya I went to school for marketing and finance so me or anyone can do that but effort needs to put in to market more places over the world wide web. I we don't put enough effort into that department. If anything we have a TW donations section for a reason. And I too agree on the posting of matches, I a lot of people stuck in my head and did a good job and Cres was one of my favorites but he is unlikely right now. Maybe I can change his heart <3. But if we could get some dedicated people for both and videos, I know we have a lot of people with talent and the software to do that, that would be great. FieryFire i think is what you are referring to and his were awesome and fun to watch. I'd love to get both going again this season.
                            3x TWLD All-Star
                            2x TWLD Finals MVP
                            2x TWLD Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                              Forgot to reply to you properly, last time I typed half a sentence, was drunk and 300km away from home. Too much sun.

Anyways, a limit high like that would be good enough, so I agree there. Comming from a guy who has no place to talk about wbs except the last year, its quite frankly the same shit, I feel that with the standard 1280x1024 that I've been using recently for wb. Can't be bothered if people have 2000 or 2500 res, doesn't hurt my belly or change anything and at the same time I'm not preventing people's resolution liberation. If i'm gonna start putting up excuses, then I would of quit this game years ago due to every single you of you babaloos eating on my screen. Every day.

Oh the misery of playing when every single player eat every single round because I'm an ocean away from the server. Even worse when internet connections were way worse years ago. Can you imagine? You certainly do a bit, by your own experience of living in Funland.
                              Or even sitting out 2 seasons, due to my own bitch lag years ago...but I'm moving out of the subject now.

Instead I think, "don't be mad, get glad".

Then I shut up and don't use lag as a scape goat. Or having Turban as my favourite jav duel opponent over the years. Am I crazy? No. I embrance hardships and go to Toys R Us with all of you. I'd love to go 20-0 every round without lag but it's not how life works..because things don't always go your way.

A bunch of dense people stuck to 2000 settings and still are over the last 15 years..scared out of their ass of liberating people to play on whichever setup they feel.

Nothing better to prove your worth in LD by beating 1280x1024 with 2560x1600

How about...nothing better to prove your worth in LD by beating 2560x1600 with 1280x1024

For all it's worth...nothing will change and in a weirdly way maybe it's for the best. Grown ass man getting their first white hairs...playing on 2000 resolutions is a fitting end.

You know that feeling of an erupting butterfly of it's cocoon? That's the irony of still not doing it my larva friend...but if you do..shine like nothing matters!!

PS: My boy 89 still checking TWL threads..after surrendering to his own lag.

LOL TOYS R US,

and well put Nothing better to prove your worth in LD by beating 1280x1024 with 2560x1600[/I]

To me and this only applies HERE, size doesn't matter in my opinion. I actually will look at someones TWD res if they beat us and if I see it super high, ill simply dodge a bit more rush them since they cant handle it and they drop 4-10 quickly. lol.
                              3x TWLD All-Star
                              2x TWLD Finals MVP
                              2x TWLD Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X