[TWL Season 21] RESCHEDULED; Starting: Sun June 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TWL Season 21] RESCHEDULED; Starting: Sun June 5th

TWL Season 21 has been postponed from the initial time and will start on: Sunday, June 5th

Head TWL Operator: kado
    Assistant Head TWL Operator: Markmrw

Supporting TWL Operators: Ogron, Turban and myself.

We will also be adding a few more TWL Operators where needed, also to ensure a fair season in cases of appeals/big decision making etc.

This TWL Season will be a standard TWL season with no major changes really, just another double elimination bracket but with double the games so you never have to worry as you will face a tough opponent in at least one subleague each weekend.

An example of the playoff bracket for this season:

Feel free to post anymore questions you might have about the upcoming TWL Season below this post and TWL Ops will do their best to answer you promptly.

Let's make this a good and exciting season again!
    Last edited by qan; 05-22-2016, 12:09 AM. Reason: Changing date to Sun Jun 5
    Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
    24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
    1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Starting entirely to soon for one. I don't think it should be started until Sept/Oct. Which then allows plenty of time to have everything tested and in order to ensure it runs smoothly. We don't even know what res we can use yet for starters, lol. What about other aspects like TWLM or Hot/Not writers or Trench Center (We all loved that). Is TWD going to be reset? Surely we aren't just letting any squad that exists play in TWL. At this rate you have no time to allow new squads to develop. You will have the same 6 squads because for some reason no one cares. So by saying '
    Let's make this a good and exciting season again! ' You need to start with those ideas. Because to me TWL in 20 days is ludicrous. I've tried to do my best to inject life back into TW, TWD, TWL with a mixture of new/old ideas but no one seemed to have any interest in my help. The wrong people are running the wrong things in this zone (and I <3 a lot of our staff) but others no. Perhaps my mentality that we could do better is wrong and this is simply the best we can do and accept that. Unfortunately, I have that 'Kenny Powers' attitude (surely some of you have seen Eastbound and Down) and failure has never been an option for me.
    3x TWLD All-Star
    2x TWLD Finals MVP
    2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Originally posted by Delectable View Post
      Starting entirely to soon for one. I don't think it should be started until Sept/Oct. Which then allows plenty of time to have everything tested and in order to ensure it runs smoothly.
      It is a standard TWL season, it doesn't require any testing. There are no big changes forthcoming. I would be fine with a much later TWL start, but M_M God wants to get the season going. You'd have to bring that up to him.

We don't even know what res we can use yet for starters, lol. What about other aspects like TWLM or Hot/Not writers or Trench Center (We all loved that).
      The same resolution limits that have been in place for 20 seasons. TWLM has not happened in years. Many TWL seasons don't feature a Hot or Not, some do. You seem to be really out of touch with how TWL goes the past few years.

Is TWD going to be reset? Surely we aren't just letting any squad that exists play in TWL. At this rate you have no time to allow new squads to develop. You will have the same 6 squads because for some reason no one cares.
      Has a squad that was active and existed not made TWL in recent years? Insofar as I know pretty much every squad has qualified for whichever leagues they desire to participate in. Typically squad development is accelerated by starting TWL with a fixed date, not hoping they develop.

Let's make this a good and exciting season again! ' You need to start with those ideas. Because to me TWL in 20 days is ludicrous. I've tried to do my best to inject life back into TW, TWD, TWL with a mixture of new/old ideas but no one seemed to have any interest in my help. The wrong people are running the wrong things in this zone
      You've averaged 1.3 games per season in TWL over the past 6 seasons and haven't had your pulse on this game to any degree of relevancy for years. Your "ideas" to improve TWL have already been tried, are unfeasible, or simply lazy. TWLM hasn't happened successfully since S17.

Where is this cavalcade of Hot or Not writers watching every individual game and writing large summaries? I've written about 490 of the last 500 Hot or Nots for both TWL and TWDT, I'd love to have this army of undiscovered writers magically pop up and do all the work.

Ditto video, enjoy trying to get people to record games, it is like pulling teeth. Turban, NL>Trigger, Mattey, myself and Fork account for 98% of the recorded video the past 5 years since FieryFire retired, and we play in the most of the games, meaning we can't record much of it. It's already hard enough finding hosts for games, let alone getting people to dedicates hours of their life setting up recording software, editing, and uploading.

Do you have the coding skills and expertise to fix the TWLD stats? It'd be great to get my 10 missing kills from last season back.

Are you going to run the All-Star game, organize it, host it, oversee the selection process, deal with ballot stuffing, limits per squad, alternates + the ramifications to the overall schedule and the pros/cons of stretching out the season and league momentum?

Are you going to hire and train all the staff required for all the things you want to do?

Turban is not coming back as head of TWL. He's already given 100x more to this zone than you or just about anyone else. Leave him alone.

You've floated a few ideas and I commend the desire to see TWL improve, but ideas are cheap and execution is everything, and you've offered nothing but the former. The realities of running the league, lack of resources, and a shrinking player base that is never coming back doesn't seem to have impressed upon you that almost none of these suggestions are going to happen.

Finding hosts for games is already a full time job and a difficult task to manage, let alone worrying about recording every game, getting coders to fix TWLD stats, including an all-star game, and drumming a platoon of non-existent writers to chronicle every match.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
        It is a standard TWL season, it doesn't require any testing. There are no big changes forthcoming. I would be fine with a much later TWL start, but M_M God wants to get the season going. You'd have to bring that up to him.

The same resolution limits that have been in place for 20 seasons. TWLM has not happened in years. Many TWL seasons don't feature a Hot or Not, some do. You seem to be really out of touch with how TWL goes the past few years.

Has a squad that was active and existed not made TWL in recent years? Insofar as I know pretty much every squad has qualified for whichever leagues they desire to participate in. Typically squad development is accelerated by starting TWL with a fixed date, not hoping they develop.

You've averaged 1.3 games per season in TWL over the past 6 seasons and haven't had your pulse on this game to any degree of relevancy for years. Your "ideas" to improve TWL have already been tried, are unfeasible, or simply lazy. TWLM hasn't happened successfully since S17.

Where is this cavalcade of Hot or Not writers watching every individual game and writing large summaries? I've written about 490 of the last 500 Hot or Nots for both TWL and TWDT, I'd love to have this army of undiscovered writers magically pop up and do all the work.

Ditto video, enjoy trying to get people to record games, it is like pulling teeth. Turban, NL>Trigger, Mattey, myself and Fork account for 98% of the recorded video the past 5 years since FieryFire retired, and we play in the most of the games, meaning we can't record much of it. It's already hard enough finding hosts for games, let alone getting people to dedicates hours of their life setting up recording software, editing, and uploading.

Do you have the coding skills and expertise to fix the TWLD stats? It'd be great to get my 10 missing kills from last season back.

Are you going to run the All-Star game, organize it, host it, oversee the selection process, deal with ballot stuffing, limits per squad, alternates + the ramifications to the overall schedule and the pros/cons of stretching out the season and league momentum?

Are you going to hire and train all the staff required for all the things you want to do?

Turban is not coming back as head of TWL. He's already given 100x more to this zone than you or just about anyone else. Leave him alone.

You've floated a few ideas and I commend the desire to see TWL improve, but ideas are cheap and execution is everything, and you've offered nothing but the former. The realities of running the league, lack of resources, and a shrinking player base that is never coming back doesn't seem to have impressed upon you that almost none of these suggestions are going to happen.

Finding hosts for games is already a full time job and a difficult task to manage, let alone worrying about recording every game, getting coders to fix TWLD stats, including an all-star game, and drumming a platoon of non-existent writers to chronicle every match.

just shut the fuck up you make no fucking sense here, you being a twdt op you know there is no res limits for that and now u wanna bitch about twl with res limits? Make yo fucking mind up ffs.
        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

lol i told 2pacz to shut the fk up on a chat earlier today and guy is still fuming
          top 100 basers list

Comment

+1 2pacz's post.
            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

lol that bracket looks exactly how this season is going to play out. TWL is FIXED! just like the nba and nfl.
              3:BOMBED> got donuts
              3:BOMBED> how jealous
              3:Heaven> how american
              3:BOMBED> ??????????
              3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
              3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Igor, why are you so adamant about shutting down one of the few people who seems to care enough to offer suggestions for improving this dying league? Delectable has been out of the scene for years. While this has surely has handicapped his ability to offer appropriate suggestions, instead of helping to bring him up to speed so he can optimally contribute, you just type a negatively charged essay in clear defense of some arbitrary position you are taking in this non-existent argument. To recap:

Originally posted by Delectable
                Here are some ideas that used to work when I was more involved with the league, and I would hope are still very much so possible to implement, so let's try!
                Originally posted by Igor
                No, your suggestions are futile. The game has no one willing to take on the initiative of implementing your suggestions and it would be pointless to try. You don't even play this league, who do you think you are? In between picking my nose I crunched the numbers and you've played ~4.3421 games per season (as if this has any merit in terms of being able to offer insight to the structure of the league as a whole) and, as such, you and your thoughts are useless. Blah, blah, blah. I bolded my own response to overcompensate for my superficially important, but truly frivolous opinion.
                From what I've read, delectable seems to be excited and interested in helping to better the league; these undeservedly rude responses from a cretin like yourself only push people like this (who the game very much needs) away.

Delectable, on behalf of others who are more open-minded and willing to, at the very least, read, and constructively respond to your input, I apologize for Igor's inappropriate response. Certainly, most of your ideas are quite dated and would be a waste of time to make any attempt to implement. Nonetheless, it's nice to have others offering a fresh perspective and I do hope that once you are fully acclimated with modern TW and its many limitations, you will be able to contribute positively to the league on a larger scale.

Also, nice fake quote in your sig, Igor. Any half-intelligent nitwit would know I don't use appropriate punctuation in SS. Bravo, you obsessed imbecile.

M_M, why are we pushing for this "two games per weekend" format again? It would be preferable if TWL was a reasonably assigned time slot on the weekend to enjoy the games and then return to our responsibilities. Last season completely consumed my Sunday, and was quite an added stressor for me personally, although I am not sure if I am speaking for others when I say so and if the majority wants more games I can't help but accept what has been mandated. If others agree, however, please speak up.
                Last edited by Pressure; 05-03-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

i can help with general planning and setting up the league, if it is truly needed, but please don't list me as a supportive TWL operator.

.. and, as far as the weekday games goes, those could actually work this time around as we seem to be having a summer league this year. saturday games have also always been an option, but squads never opt into playing on that day. i wouldn't hold my breath though as it does have its downsides.

Comment

Thanks for bringing me up to speed M_M God !

Following on from delectable, Claushouse, 2pacz and Pressure's posts- if some of us do wish to argue, at least we share the same desire, we want TWL to be as enjoyable as last year, and better.

This forum is one of our tools. Find things we agree on rather than things we don't, for the love of the game.

I will try and make sure I am as present as possible during TWL to support with any hosting where needed. Some of the games last season really went down to the wire so can't wait.

Thanks for the update and spread the word everyone!! - LB

Comment

Originally posted by little buddhist View Post
                      Thanks for bringing me up to speed M_M God !

Following on from delectable, Claushouse, 2pacz and Pressure's posts- if some of us do wish to argue, at least we share the same desire, we want TWL to be as enjoyable as last year, and better.

This forum is one of our tools. Find things we agree on rather than things we don't, for the love of the game.

I will try and make sure I am as present as possible during TWL to support with any hosting where needed. Some of the games last season really went down to the wire so can't wait.

Thanks for the update and spread the word everyone!! - LB
                      You really are a Buddhist!
                      British> my 18th tomoz $$
                      Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

TWL is happening too soon. Everything seems rushed these days with little planning. I also think a vote needs to be put into play for resolution change in TWL

Comment

Originally posted by Ivf View Post
                          TWL is happening too soon. Everything seems rushed these days with little planning. I also think a vote needs to be put into play for resolution change in TWL
                          I'd agree, should be done in 1 months time atleast
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Ye, let's kill the game even more by removing res limit in TWL. Come on, use some brains and stick to what we have (which ofc isn't much anymore).
                            As for TWL: if it starts this Sunday, it's gonna be the worst TWL ever. Should just postpone it to September when people come back from their vacations and have more time to play.
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Yea maybe its not the best time to start twl, i feel the zone is pretty dead currently with very little interest. we all know the game is declining in pop but it seems worse than usual and the fact that it's summer may be one of the factors. I dont think twl will make the zone more active either based on the past when twd dies down hard during twl.

it may be best to talk to the caps of all the teams who would participate in twl to gauge interest

Comment

Working...
                              X