Inducers, what are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inducers, what are your thoughts?

So a few weeks ago now Inducers was created as a sort of very shallow good basing squad (if we had 8 it wud actually be gud) that was to help noobies get interested in base and twd. It started out pretty well and I believe could have continued to do so if the captains had no lives. However that is not the case.

The pub players were BY FAR most interested in base, not even close with wb/jav. their 2nd favorite is FD. But I think a large part of the reason they were most interested in base is because we were at least semi-careful to have a couple/few vets playing with them. We were lucky to have DOWNFALL as a shark and he was active and we got porkjet later and that would help alot. if we did not have a shark to play in the game we would obviously just get completely demoralized and the caps didn't really think this was a good idea. Other squads were quite nice to us and played decent not crazy lines so we didnt get blown out that often. Anyways now it seems that DOWNFALL has gone somewhere and Pavement has responsibilities as well so its just me/jerome/porkjet. I dunno if Porkjet really wants to play. Sometimes I feel like I could challenge bd but I don't because the line would be so bad. You cant really get above 8 minutes if we r playing with pub ter pub shark and 2 pub spiders. Its just too much. So now myself and porkjet kinda just sit on chat not adding anything to the scene and the bd scene is the worst ever. I feel bad and I don't know what to do, Dice needs a shark for twl, cobra/force could use some help. the only team that doesn't need anything is Thunder, and I don't think thunder is stacked, they just have a set lineup that is great and a shitload of servicable spiders.

Me/Hail/Iza I am 99% sure are going to leave inducers, therefore dissolving it, I don't really know if I should feel bad about it, we cant do anything with this setup.

With that said there are active enough noobies on this squad who want to play base and BLACKLIVESMATTER could be a great spider I think and others could learn as well but you just cant train a basing squad in an environment where they are going to get raped nonstop. It won't have a positive effect, and some of these pubbers have relationships with eachother which was part of what made the squad more fun, at least at the start haha. Medvac/Blindtal/Mr subspace are qutie good friends. They probably would want to be on a squad together.. there has to be a way to train what we have while not having nonstop hugely imbalanced games.

Perhaps this is the wrong section, because this is more likely a twd issue, but the reason inducers will most likely dissolve is twl, theres no point wasting porkjet and (if downfall is alive???) on a squad that doesnt twd because the veterans cant be active enough to carry. Sharks are an endangered species and need to be on competitive teams for twl to have any validity.

What I think is that there needs to be 2-4 noobie squads in which a ton of veterans are allowed to double squad on. NOT 1-10 vets. A LOT of vets. Having a squad identity gets pubbers more hyped than go base and they DO want to play. But its not at all feasible to expect a pub squad to ever succeed with a 30 roster limit and 10 veterans when what they want to play is base (for the most part).

Lastly to what can be done, this has been discussed alot and I don't understand why nothings been done, instead its been made worse by having 30 roster limit which just makes people recruit less. I wouldn't mind inducers staying around and playing with them or trying to help them but I cant double squad so I have to choose and I'm not going to stay if its like this. Its just stupid. Double squadding would OBVIOUSLY help alot and I think is the answer, larger twd roster limits would help but not as much as double squadding.

I just thought I would share whats been going on through my eyes and hopefully get an idea of what others think we should've done differently of if this was doomed from the start because trench wars is dieing out faster than before.

Something has to be done. DONE. DONE. DONE. NOT DISCUSSED AND PUT OFF, FINISHED.

I havn't spoken to Jerome/Porkjet before writing this which is sort of dumb but I am impatient and havn't been able to get a hold of them, so sry to PJ/Jerome if you're insulted.

Barring PJ/Jerome having different ideas or DF/Pavement reviving I am done trying when the end result is actually killing rather than helping twd.

If squads are wanting pubbers who are willing to play/learn about base they can contact me and maybe we can get people onto squads that are a good fit for them.
    TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
    (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
    PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
    AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

allowing double squadding was discussed and agreed on by majority of the players but our retarded staff would rather beat the horse on res cap and accomplish nothing of substance. squads like inducers are necessary for this games longevity and if more players were allowed to DS, newbies would actually enjoy playing twd games with their guidance.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

We've had borrowing in TWDT for 3 years now, and despite the majority of players supporting double squadding to boost activity and help newer squads, nothing has been done. TWD Ladders haven't had any value in determining TWL placement in years, it makes no sense.

Unlocking TWD bots is not hard at all, and it would help a ton. Shadowmere has made his priorities clear, though. He is more interested in playing Sherlock Holmes hunting down doublesquadders like it's some witch hunt, unlocking TWDD resolution so he can stray people since he can't rush, and limiting TWD rosters to help make inactive players who log on to play once every two weeks finally quit since they logon and find they've been axed due to roster restrictions, while newbies suffer as well since veterans will get those spots over them.

Doing something logical, popular, and simple like allowing borrowing or doublesquadding makes too much sense and would improve the game too much to ever be implemented.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

agreed.

i have been adamantly against any sort of roster limits in TWD, and when they were first introduced few years ago i was among the first to request the removal of the limits. they bring more harm than good to the game, and truthfully speaking i don't see that changing for the better anytime soon. it has negatively affected the activity in TWD without accomplishing anything of worth.

cobra, as an example, is forced to constantly remove players from other zones to make room for another player. we are rotating our roster at this point, and .. well, let's just say that the players don't like that shit at all. it feels awful to log on once a week to find out that you have been axed from the roster because of a roster limit.

if you are implementing a roster cap, please include a way for squads to actually recruit trainees. TWL roster limits already take care of the competitive player stacking during the seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
          agreed.

i have been adamantly against any sort of roster limits in TWD, and when they were first introduced few years ago i was among the first to request the removal of the limits. they bring more harm than good to the game, and truthfully speaking i don't see that changing for the better anytime soon. it has negatively affected the activity in TWD without accomplishing anything of worth.

cobra, as an example, is forced to constantly remove players from other zones to make room for another player. we are rotating our roster at this point, and .. well, let's just say that the players don't like that shit at all. it feels awful to log on once a week to find out that you have been axed from the roster because of a roster limit.

if you are implementing a roster cap, please include a way for squads to actually recruit trainees. TWL roster limits already take care of the competitive player stacking during the seasons.
          LEGO aswell. Almost everyday we are firing/hiring a new player to keep active. Then 3-5 days later when someone logs on, we are faced to look at the roster and fire another player who has been inactive for 1-2 weeks. It is a nonstop cycle that we are dealing with every day. No new squads have formed because of the Roster limit rule (I believe this was the intention of the rule).

Plus with LEGO's involvement in other zones, such as EG w/ EGL, it makes it tougher to have a cross-zone squad.
          8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

All I can say is dw, stayon, MHz, and myself went different ways to increase competition, others are still sticking to the same group from what I have heard. I don't care enough to look at the rosters, especially thunder because there is a good chance that they are going to stack yet again.

It is what it is Spezza.
            1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
            1:Zidane> congrats man
            1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
            1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
            1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              agreed.

yeah the roster should be maxxed at say 40? I've had to cut a load of players from other zones just to add in old cobra members/add new players to keep our current roster active enough. In an ideal world I wouldnt have had to cut them and they could be learning alongside our vets. Sure, you can say you dont need 30 players for a 3 league squad to be active, but with the state of the zone you pretty much need to have a maxxed out roster.

Also not a fan of the extended spawn zone - in my own experience and listening to other players I think it's made spawning genuinely worse as so little play actually takes place in the middle of the map that players spawn in amongst the action more now.
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                Also not a fan of the extended spawn zone - in my own experience and listening to other players I think it's made spawning genuinely worse as so little play actually takes place in the middle of the map that players spawn in amongst the action more now.
                i've brought this point up as well, but shadowqueer does what he wants.

Basically:

1. allow dsing
                2. remove roster limits for twd since twl already has it
                3. allow res cap in twdd and twdd2, keep it in twdd3 like before
                4. revert back to old spawn system
                5. add the score tracker above radar in twd/twl
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Need 3/4 giant "Zone Squads" i posted this idea in another thread a few weeks ago. Its a great idea and should be done. Would be simple to pulloff as well.

Comment

Yeah the roster limits are bad for activity. It's much more beneficial for the zone to have fewer squads that play more than a lot of squads that barely play (and afaik no new squads were created because of the limit). As others have said, it only forces squads to constantly axe/recruit people. With inactive people and newbies being the dropouts.

With the state of the game something really needs to be done if we want it to survive a while longer. Some form of doublesquadding/borrowing/zonesquads probably.
                    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

I have already voiced my opinion with some upper level staff but i'll repeat it here. I think twd roster limits have seriously already proven how damaging they are. the game has gotten significantly less active ever since they've been put in place, I'm not saying its ONLY cuz of this but it's definitely playing a role.

why would be put locks that hurt vets from playing 1 game or 2 a week? no one likes getting kicked... twl roster locks are already in place to "prevent stacking"

honestly at this point what do you prefer? 0 games or a couple of squads "stacking"

any changes that are being made should be done to get this game more active/getting our old players interested again, everything else is pointless. do roster locks on twd rosters help with EITHER of these things in the slightest? wake up TW staff

Comment

I want to clarify myself as well. Even though, I have never verbally rooted for stricter roster limits for TWD.

There should NOT be roster limit for TWD. In TWL however, there should be even stricter limits in order to divide the talent.

Make doublesquadding happen for twd, it is what the game needs atm.
                        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

All this shit was said and everyone flamed dsb when he implemented it a few years ago. But we have this one idiot that is always in charge of TWD that gets to decide the fate of the whole zone. Shadowmere is a fucking idiot, didn't this guy get fired from staff before he quit?

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
                            All this shit was said and everyone flamed dsb when he implemented it a few years ago. But we have this one idiot that is always in charge of TWD that gets to decide the fate of the whole zone. Shadowmere is a fucking idiot, didn't this guy get fired from staff before he quit?

hulk, you are talking about your TWLJ partner...

Comment

Allow double squadding for select trainee squads. This has been allowed in the past, to my knowledge, with zero negative outcome. Often these discussions are derailed people like KTHX and Exalt who's only contribution to the game are to randomly troll on forums. Voting can be an inaccurate reflection because of people like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X