How to ignore people on the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to ignore people on the forum

There's a few people trolling on the forum atm and it's getting really annoying, every constructive thread has the same people arguing against it for no apparent reason.

Claus mentioned he ignored some people, which I didn't know you could do, so here's how it's done for anyone else who wants to do it.

When you've done this, their posts aren't visible to you at all. It's like ignore.txt, you can just end up seeing half an argument.

1. Go to User Settings

2. Click Account

3. Put their names in the Ignore List box and press Save Changes

Originally posted by Rab View Post
    There's a few people trolling on the forum atm and it's getting really annoying, every constructive thread has the same people arguing against it for no apparent reason.

That TWDT critique thread was quite civil and constructive until you posted this trolling attack on me which was followed by ogron once again raging and trolling with uncalled for insults towards me right after your post. Both of you caused the unrest FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

I took the time to participate and add my suggestions to solve the topic at hand which was how twdt was not utilizing enough players and how too many were sitting on the bench the entire season. I did not attack anyone. I was civil. Mythril remained civil even though he disagreed with my idea though he did not go into any detail why but I respect a simple disagreement like he posted. You and ogron on the other hand have been causing disturbances and writing things that are quite obstructionist and volatile in the forums. The way you are handling criticism that the community at large posts is fairly disturbing. This post here is even an obstructionist move on your part that seeks to divide rather than unite. .

This misnomer that I am a troll for disagreeing with the white wash list in ?go base is preposterous. Seeing that post just irked me so much. 20 years playing this game with countless go base games and 20 years of being a squad captain and I log on to see and I quote "
    The captaincy is frequently hijacked by newbies and trolls and it's a huge waste of everyone's time"
    I had been playing a fair amount of base and just was not seeing this. It was running smoothly. I saw no trolls except perhaps guys like ogron bullying the arena and hogging it for his buddies to play while others were being shut out. I just strongly felt for a public arena this was overstepping. Disagreeing vehemently is NOT trolling and to top it off I clearly explained my position why I felt the way I did. It was a clear over reach in my opinion by ogron and unnecessary. Sorry if you disagreed with me but I would hardly call resistance to such a sweeping change that would exclude a huge number of capable players associating me with being a troll. I can't understand how you can say disagreeing with that idea has "no apparent reason" either. I made points and did not insult anyone other than calling ogron a punk ass (which I strongly feel he is).. probably not the best thing to do in a forum thread but believe me, ogron has no qualms being rude and calling people much worse things. I have a bad history with him ever since he was caught lying and trying to have me banned from TSL over a fake claim I stole a hosted game from him, He was in fact the one who stole MY hosted game and lied saying I did it to him. This is NOT subjective. The proof was shown. Staff removed him from power afterwards because he could not remain impartial. I believe you too were fired for not following protocol. Both of you are not very credible in my opinion when it comes to being upstanding and not causing strife within the community.

Go ahead and censor forum users. It is your prerogative but believe me, hiding your head under the sand will not serve the community well in the long run. Also I'd love to see the reasons and posts I did recently that you feel I was trolling the community on. Your generalizations used to suggest those in your ignore box are warranted cause me to question your authenticity and motive.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I don't consider rab's post there as trolling, just having a valid opinion.

He was right though - those ideas were both completely shit.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Adding people to an ignore list is the cowards way out. It ensures that people are isolated from each other and that's the opposite of what you want in a healthy game environment. We should all want instead to have people who are mature, who can debate without acting butt hurt, who learn how to compromise over being selfish, and can come to some sort of understanding by communicating. Nothing gets you nothing... remembering this in real life will help you a lot. Being involved, sharing ideas, learning to co-operate, that is what changes things and makes situations better. By ignoring people who aren't trolling rab is ensuring he's always unhappy and always unable to face problems online and in real life.

Don't be like Rab if you actually want to fix subspace and the tons of systemic problems in the game, he's contributing to them and not making things better.

Also saying an opinion isn't trolling which is why Rab and Ogron aren't on my ignore list. Even though they often present their ideas as you fucking suck, this sucks and here is my epic idea... i understand they are emotionally invested in the game and care about it. Though i think their views only take their problems into account and they can be narrow sighted *sometimes*, but that's why it's great we have forums, so other people can speak up and share their experience and ideas and everyone gets a fair shake.

Keep in mind RAB has actually posted personal attacks (in the form of one liners) directed at me, usually saying to uninstall, GTFO or hoping i die or get injured or something like that. Except this isn't a contest about who can deliver the best insults. It would be nice if we stopped treating people as the enemy or being so defensive (no one is out to get you) and there is a difference between in game trash talk like saying 'ez' and harassing players or putting them down for their ideas or for disagreeing with you.
        Last edited by Falconeer; 02-20-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Agreed falc.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

It really does make the game significantly better.

There are people I don't agree with or like, but their points are still worth reading and considering, and they have something of value to contribute.

Jessup either has brain damage, a tumor pressing against his brain, or a 70 IQ, and just spams the forums with his delusions. Him and Falconeer account for like 90% of the posts on forums and it's just garbage spam with little to no value. Eliminating it makes the forums way better.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Always good to be ignored but still be the topic of conversation =)

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                Him and Falconeer account for like 90% of the posts on forums and it's just garbage spam with little to no value. Eliminating it makes the forums way better.
                Can confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                  Can confirm.
                  I like how you can detail post count after an ignore. Also you're projecting your own stats for posting.

Comment

Ty for this, it literally cleaned up half the posts in this thread alone LOL
                    Big Chill

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                        Adding people to an ignore list is the cowards way out.
                        You hear that Bosshawk, you're a coward.

Originally posted by trancE tunes
                        this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

Comment

Bump.

It's a huge problem that staff aren't doing anything about harassment, racism, death threats, etc on the forum. Their words aren't worth the pages they're written on. So I'll have to start maintaining an ignore list here too.

If we ever get a competent staffer they can use this as a starting point for who needs banning.

Code:
                          Falconeer
                          Jessup
                          7roll
                          A fem bot
                          kthx
                          Leland
                          skyforger
                          Sir BattyCrease
                          Lao916x

Comment

Updated list