No announcement yet.

SubSpace/Continuum not optimized for 2018 MacBook Pro OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so I think this is one that will work... On some machines it opens right up. On others it says "This is damaged and need to be trashed." For now I think this will work for most people. I don't like how large the wrapper is for such a small game but with both 64 bit libraries and 32 bit libraries, it doubles in size no matter what. I will work on a more customized and smaller engine when I get a chance but I want this out there for testing. Please let me know if it works for you:

REMOVED LINK... (It's not working so will try another thing)

If it says it's damaged, try this:
    1. Right Click on "Continuum 0.40d.app" and choose "Show Package Contents"
    2. Right Click on "Wineskin.app" and click "Open"
    3. Once it's opened, then quit it and try launching "Continuum 0.40d.app" again. It should just open this time.
    I am attaching some pictures if it helps anyone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spiffyguy; 03-17-2019, 12:32 PM. Reason: Removed the link since it wasn't working...

Comment

Thanks for working on this. I'm getting the "damaged and needs to be trashed" error. When I go to open wineskin per your instructions, it won't open. I get the attached error.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jurassic View Post
        Thanks for working on this. I'm getting the "damaged and needs to be trashed" error. When I go to open wineskin per your instructions, it won't open. I get the attached error.
        Thanks for working on this. However, I'm experiencing the same issue as Jurassic.

Comment

I see that error too on a few Mojave machines but not all... Okay, I am going to try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jurassic View Post
            Thanks for working on this. I'm getting the "damaged and needs to be trashed" error. When I go to open wineskin per your instructions, it won't open. https://www.zetaclearcenter.com/ I get the attached error.
            Hello,
            I have the same problem but with a Mojave from 2018. Any fix will be release in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
              honestly you should look into dualbooting a windows install, for a variety of reasons including, but definitely not limited to, the ability to play continuum

with the addition of WSL, there is now zero net benefit to owning a mac, unless you just hate money and the idea of right-clicking things

if you dont feel like buying windows 10, windows 7 is easy as shit to crack and microsoft still offers free upgrades to 10, so, it's that easy
              this would have never happened if we had given the proletariat control over the OS
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Okay everyone, I made a signed package installer in a DMG instead of a zip and I think this one should work! This package installer will put Continuum 0.40d inside your Applications folder. It should just launch without any special "right-click -> open" stuff.

Let me know if this works for people:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0dz6t...d_Mac.dmg/file

- spiffyguy
                Last edited by spiffyguy; 03-17-2019, 01:39 PM. Reason: Fixed link...

Comment

Originally posted by spiffyguy View Post
                  Okay everyone, I made a signed package installer in a DMG instead of a zip and I think this one should work! This package installer will put Continuum 0.40d inside your Applications folder. It should just launch without any special "right-click -> open" stuff.

Let me know if this works for people:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0dz6t...d_Mac.dmg/file

- spiffyguy
                  Thank you for your hard work. This worked for me. I still have yet to test it out and see if it glitches, though. I have one request: I was getting used to the 0.40c resolution "1440x877" - is it possible to get this one available on the 0.40d client? If not, it's fine.

Comment

YES! I am glad it works! I didn't program the resolutions, it depends on the version of Wine and I think it is what it is... I can look into it though.

Comment

Working much better for me as well. Thanks.

Comment

Can we have this done again for the new MacOS? I didn't think it through when I downloaded the new MacOS and now I can't open up Continuum.
                        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

qan bump
                          In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                          twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                          twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

spiffyguy
                            2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

I DMd spiffyguy a week or so back but no luck. Someone can try again if they'd like.
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

time to get windows bois

Comment

Working...
                                X