Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum capabilities

qan or someone else that knows:

are there any capabilities on this forum that we arent taking advantage of? specifically since mafia is popular once again, is there a way to once again see how many times each person has posted in that specific thread? is there a thread overview button or link that can be turned on that would give a person by person post count of their posts in that thread as well as when last posted and stuff? also, is there a way to isolate a single person or a couple peoples posts in that single thread only? these sorts of things are hugely beneficial. is it a matter of those options not being turned on or are they just not available? once upon a time we used to have something that had some of these capabilities, but its been a while.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1755.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	1324953 So I've got a workaround for the post count thing, though it's not convenient. If you subscribe to a thread (like the last mafia game) and then go to anyone's profile, you can view posts filtered by user. Filter only subscribed threads, and it will link you all of their posts, and give a count
    Last edited by WillBy; 06-24-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I want a feature that lets me hide Mafia threads from New Posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        I want a feature that lets me hide Mafia threads from New Posts.
        Just forum ignore everyone that plays, ezpz

Comment

I took a look in the backend, did some searching on the Googles, and didn't see any way to do this. Unfortunately some features have actually been removed from vBulletin 5, probably to make it more modular. There are some cool things you can do with it, but it does require some futzing. Are these the features you were talking about? https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...d-display-mode

WillBy's solution can do the job. You can speed it up slightly if using across multiple users, though. After you subscribe to the thread, go to the search box at the top of any page, click the down arrow, click Advanced, and then type the name you're searching for and check the option to search subscribed threads only. You should be able to ctrl+click to open a new tab for the search while leaving the search box as it is. Then type in the next username you wish to check ... rinse and repeat.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Vbulletin sux

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

more like pee bulletin. amirite lmao

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Bring back old forum, there was no (known) reason to change.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
                  Bring back old forum, there was no (known) reason to change.
                  i wouldnt be surprised if vB forced an upgrade due to dropping support for older versions,

might be able to get by with not upgrading if one was extra careful, but vbulletin is basically a giant glowing neon sign that reads HACKERS WELCOME HERE!!! and so maintaining a current version is the only way to really minimize the risk
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Basically that, yeah. It was breached many many times. There was also a hope that it might work better overall. In some ways it does, but not in others.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                    X