Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Screen Issue

Hello,

Recently I tried increasing my screen resolution. I've been using the default option for years (1280x1024 most likely). Now I'm using 1600x1200 or 1400x1050. Ever since I increased my reso, every 15-20 minutes my screen completely freezes up. It lasts for 5 seconds. Basing arena's will spec me for going over the lag limits. Nothing happens in pub except for the frozen screen. I purchased a windows desktop last year with a decent graphics card/large memory and my ?lag is 20 ms Average:20 ms Low:10 ms High:90 ms S2C: 0.0% C2S: 0.0%. I remember this same issue occurring on my older desktop when increasing resolution. I feel like there's a simple solution.

Appreciate if anyone has any feedback. Thanks!

Mag

What is the native resolution of your monitor? Run that.

Comment

Rab, my monitor display settings show 1680 x 1050. Try this as my resolution in subspace, right?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Just got the screen freezes too, happened after the forced windows update. Didn't change any of the settings after.

Comment

*presses the pause updates button*

Comment

Biet, this issue has been going on for years. For myself, it has nothing to do with the windows update. Let?s see if Rab?s suggestion works.

Comment

ive been battling this for ages my freezes are like little choppyness... sometimes driver updates will help.. core temps.. have a listen if your hard drivers re throttling down when you see them happening.. i think thats the main issue for me.. very frustrating at times
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

I don't doubt it has been happening for you for longer, but I just noticed my game suddenly freezing as well. Windows did an other update after and now I'm not having any troubles.

Comment

What's the purpose of the refresh option?

Comment

It's the refresh rate of the monitor, probably 60hz in your case.
                      I can't really think of a good reason why someone would choose anything other than default.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                        It's the refresh rate of the monitor, probably 60hz in your case.
                        I can't really think of a good reason why someone would choose anything other than default.
                        My understanding is newer monitors u can do much higher refresh rates which is how fast the data "refreshes" on your screen...... so if your monitor has say 120hz capability and your eyes can handle it.. then it is supposed to be a lot better....

so on a 60hz... even if your FPS is showing at 350.. your not seeing any difference for improvement for anything over 60fps..
                        but theoretically if your running 80 or 120hz something higher.. there would be a subtle difference in the actual true capable fps...

now in a game like ours shouldnt mean much.. more so in a high res detailed heavy graphics game
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk View Post
                          so on a 60hz... even if your FPS is showing at 350.. your not seeing any difference for improvement for anything over 60fps..
                          this bit is wrong. there's a time between when the frame is ready and when the monitor displays it. the higher your fps the shorter the time. makes a big difference up to about 200ish then diminishing returns.

Originally posted by Bosshawk View Post
                          now in a game like ours shouldnt mean much.. more so in a high res detailed heavy graphics game
                          also this bit is wrong. because the game is easy to render people can max out their monitors. a good player with 144hz will shit on a good player with 60hz in a 1v1 most of the time.

Comment

note to self, magnum:
                            - has ssd
                            - has 16gb ram
                            - experiences high cpu usage caused by: service host: web account, service host: sysmain, service host: diagnostic policy, anti malware servce, dell.d3.winsvc
                            - had windows 1809, got him to update and see if problem persists
                            - next thing to try is resetting firewall rules

links:
                            https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-c72d9a46e796
                            https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-h...dows-10-v1709/
                            https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/thr...windows.88277/
                            https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...n-am-i-running

Comment

Working...
                            X