Silence is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silence is broken

I'm forcing myself to play one hour to finish my silence before twdt but the shit is completely broken. I played like 5/10 min in pub, then a wb duel, then a base game, and I have still 52 minutes remaining. I don't give a shit about being silenced but at least I would like the countdown to work so I know when i'll be able to use the chat, like saying !late to elim bot.

For quite a while now.. BanC's punishments for violations only count down while playing in pub in order to prevent people just sitting in spec to kill off their bans so not really getting punished whatsoever.

Probably the best bet to know how long your punishments will last would be to not commit the infractions to begin with *wink.
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

They should be counting down not just when you're playing pub, but also when you're playing in-game in any arena that has a TW-Guard. If you were playing wbduel and base and not getting time taken off your silence, that's a bug that needs to be fixed. Can anyone confirm silences aren't counting down in bwjs?
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I can't tell exactly what happend. The only way to verify the countdown was to quit the game and come back. Also any time I entered elim there was RoboCop entering too to tell me I've been silenced for 60 minutes (60 remaining) whatever the real amout remaining.

Also I've been unsilenced way before the official countdown reached 0. At the start of twdt I had something like 35 minutes remaining, after watching the first wb game i quitted and restarted and I was unsilenced. I think my wb duel and base game has been counted and the amount remaining displayed was buged, but I don't know.

I wont talk about the stupidity of silencing people for a particular word, I can understand the usefulness to calm players who goes to far with their words, but at least allow them to communicate with bots, like the "!late" command for elimbot, if possible. Also esc+A doesnt work when silenced, i wonder why.

Comment

Yeah, silence is unfortunately a very heavy-handed solution. It even disables every public command except ?go. But our old server doesn't give us any other option. If we were running ASSS we could do something a little more sophisticated.

As for silencing in general for a particular word or words, well, that's part of the agreement made with PriitK. Regardless, though, it just creates a bad atmosphere. We've got a lot of different kinds of people playing, and bottom line, what is silenced for is about creating a successful atmosphere in the game more than it is about "morals." Not trying to create a safe space here, but there also needs to be some standard of acceptable behavior, else you end up running off a lot of people -- a larger number than you would save by allowing the behavior. To me, that's really the bottom line: it's not about right or wrong so much as what creates an atmosphere that the largest possible number of people want to play in. Though if for some reason we were able to recruit a legion of 14/88 kthx clones who seem to think that a graph citing a few points' average difference in IQ gives them free license to hate all people of a certain race (never could follow that absurd leap of logic), and that was our entire playerbase, I'd probably retire ... not in disgust, but because dogmatic groupthinkers are about as fun as a sack of dead kittens.

Thanks for the input. We're going to test a bit to try and see what's going on.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Yet you defend the players who are ruining the atmosphere.

Comment

Not really sure what you mean there, Rab, but you're welcome to expand on it or not, as you please.

Comment

Lol such a troll reply.
                I'm sure everyone knows what I think at this point.
                It's the guys trolling about race, gender, religion, politics in pub constantly.
                They are the ones wrecking the atmosphere. Do something about it.

Comment

Personally I don't talk about race, gender and other shits in pub, so I'm not concerned by this. However I think you didn't understand qan's post, or it's me. Also I hope this human-cancer Rab will never be staff or whatever, this guy is the worst. The guy constantly complain when he get kill, mostly in elim, he is insufferable. Either lag, or luck, also he cry about gameplay style like Jessup but he is way worse than him.

Comment

Bosshawk was able to confirm that counters do not count down outside of pub, which is very strange indeed.

We recently implemented some changes to prevent players from being able to idle out their bans. But that may have had other unintended effects such as this. Will get a ticket up for it so it can be addressed at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                      Bosshawk was able to confirm that counters do not count down outside of pub, which is very strange indeed.

We recently implemented some changes to prevent players from being able to idle out their bans. But that may have had other unintended effects such as this. Will get a ticket up for it so it can be addressed at some point.
                      Pbbt, don't know why you're dragging me into this. Besides a few points on a graph is only one thing. How about living in mud huts for hundreds of years while every other nation created the marvels of technology. We built Notre dame and went to space while they haven't developed a house better than sticks and mud. I don't find it a horrible thing to say that they shouldn't be brought over to educated countries in mass.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Besides aren't you jewish? Talk about lack of diversity look at Israel.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Not that it's any of your business, but no, I'm not.

Regardless of differences in technological accomplishments, it still doesn't explain why you hate someone precisely because they belong to a particular race. You're putting the cart before the horse. You were racist before, and now, with the help of the like-minded, are finding ways to justify it, and not the other way around.

I don't find it a horrible thing to say that they shouldn't be brought over to educated countries en masse, either. Because -- they were, weren't they?

Comment

I don't hate them, I just think western culture is the best thing to ever happen and by pushing mass immigration you destroy the foundations that brought us out of the dark ages. People should stay where they belong with other similar individuals. Of course an Afghan goat raping Islamist shouldn't be a citizen of the UK living in London. It leads to the decay of our culture and community.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I mean shit dude, look at JB Inc and tell me you want him in your community.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X