Problem to access twdt arenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem to access twdt arenas

Hi, I struggle to enter twdtd and j arenas (same for base too probably). I tried twlj as it is probably comparable and it works. I tried to erase all TWDT arena files and download again, it doesn't work.

It says : DirectDraw error sprite::sprite 80070057

I tried different things I found on the internet but I still can't enter. Can someone help?

I think your game is f'd. Make a new install:
    If you're installed in steam, try installer from trenchwars.org
    If you're not installed in steam, try installing in steam

Comment

It doesn't work, the a1 thing in TWDT is the only files neither LVL or LVZ but just LV, maybe something about this and my screen?

Edit : either this file or the LVZ file twdtboard, as those are the 2 files used for all TWDT arenas. It's about my screen I bet but I don't know what to try.
      Last edited by ronaldinho; 09-08-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/qu...-code-80070057

look into reinstalling directX

Comment

I can't do this on Win10, I tried some things found on internet to check if my directx have problem but it looks like it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
            It doesn't work, the a1 thing in TWDT is the only files neither LVL or LVZ but just LV, maybe something about this and my screen?

Edit : either this file or the LVZ file twdtboard, as those are the 2 files used for all TWDT arenas. It's about my screen I bet but I don't know what to try.
            There's a file limit length that we were exceeding which was turning the LVZ file to an LV. This may have affected you in a very unpredictable way. I've changed the filename (will force a re-download for everyone unfortunately). Let me know if anything changes.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Unfortunately no, I have the same error..

Comment

Hm. Try ?go twdtdtest. I'm guessing this arena will not have issues.

Also, can you confirm twdtb has the same problem?
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Thank you for your time, I know I don't deserve it after how I talked to you but still you try to help me as a good leader, also I misjudged you, I readed what you said on the other thread.

Concerning this problem : twdtdtest work, but twtdb have the same error, so I guess this is on the a1 file? I don't think you can solve the problem qan.. I think the problem is either on my graphic component or my screen, and I tried many things for no success.

Comment

Ah, no worries. And if you experience the problem, others do too but don't say anything.

I've set the LVZ to optional (at least for now) until we figure out the problem. Might just be the images are a bit too long and need to be broken open up.

You can delete twdt-a1.lvz in the Continuum\zones\SSCU Trench Wars folder, and then turn off this option: View -> Options -> Other -> Use Optional Level Graphics & Sound. Should let you watch finals, hopefully.

Comment

Yes it works! Thank you for your time again.

Comment

No problem. We can test later if it's just the length of the images. You might have some luck running in compatibility mode as well (right click, Properties).

Does anyone remember offhand if the option to use optional level graphics/sound is enabled or disabled by default?

Comment

I tried compatibility mode, changed color depth and things like that?

For the steam version it is enabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
                            I tried compatibility mode, changed color depth and things like that?

For the steam version it is enabled by default.
                            Wirah took the time to re-edit and upload. If the issue is caused by long images (which I believe is true), this should fix the problem for you and others experiencing it. Can you try checking one of the TWDT arenas and seeing if it now loads?

Graphics set back to non-optional for everyone.

Comment

It works!

Qan, Wirah, thanks a lot for your time!

Comment

Working...
                              X