Willing to donate / help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willing to donate / help

Good afternoon. I have been playing Subspace (Continuum) for quite a bit, when I say quite a bit, I bought this game at Best Buy on floppy disk. A lot of people don't believe this game came out on floppy with a manual, but it did =). I used to go by AWOL and started out in ALPHA SVS and moved my way to Chaos SVS and I knew Hallu(Chaos owner) pretty well. I have seen my way through the cheats of the original Subspace client... Twister haha anyone remember that? Then I was around for the Continuum release. Long story short, I love this game and I refuse to see it die. I have some server equipment and dedicated connections if any of the TW staff need web hosting, etc... I am a IT Manager so I know what I am doing. I am not looking for any monetary compensation whatsoever just want to help out. If you guys need anything post me here or I go by Subspace_Floppy in the Trench arena. Thanks for the free game play and I want to give back to our community and what made my childhood / adulthood so much more interesting.

Huge!

Comment

Thanks for the offer of help! It's definitely appreciated.

Right now we're pretty solid on infrastructure. Fortunately, the community came together recently to ensure we'd have enough money for a few years yet of continued financial support to pay those server bills.

Trying to think offhand what we could use more server space for. Well, we've never gotten a new host for ssdownloads.com, though a lot of those files need sorting/metadata added back. That was a big blow to development in the game, not having a central repository for files.

And ... can always donate $ if you're feeling generous!

If I can think of anything else that may come in handy I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

You could use help getting windows update to fuck off at peak times.

Comment

Thanks as always for your colorful input, Rab. I haven't had a fixed address since July and have not had the chance to put out every single fire that lights in TW, you're right. Currently applying for work and finding a place to live in a country I'm not currently in.

You could bother hallucination about it, if you like, though he may be as busy.

The policies on Windows Server don't function as advertised ... layers of legacy code. I researched it for a few hours before and didn't come to a strong conclusion about how to fix it, though I attempted a few things. Would you like to research the best solution? It'd be appreciated. Otherwise, it's just going to take a bit longer.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

lol I'm not having a go at you - just saying there is something maybe that guy knows the answer to.

Comment

We still need a new client. I can't believe it's almost 2020. We've been 'working on it' for 2 decades and multiple people came close. I still believe it will happen.
              ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
              ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
              ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

Originally posted by KrynetiX View Post
                We still need a new client. I can't believe it's almost 2020. We've been 'working on it' for 2 decades and multiple people came close. I still believe it will happen.
                Working on it full time and almost every day of the week for more than the last year .. :/

Discord link .. Please invite who you will: https://discord.gg/S26weBw

Become a patron of Quantum Space today: Read 10 posts by Quantum Space and get access to exclusive content and experiences on the world’s largest membership platform for artists and creators.

Comment

hi armytim114
                  Leland

Comment

Working...
                  X