Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pub -- how do consecutive bonuses (for pubbux) work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub -- how do consecutive bonuses (for pubbux) work?

I've been logging in every day for the past 5+ days and got the mega-bonus this morning. I logged in now (~12h later) and discovered my consecutive bonuses is reset to 0 now. Aren't I supposed to keep receiving mega bonuses every day until I stay offline more than 24h?

Probably by design, but I think the design could be different. Lots of free games seeking player activity promote logons over the course of a month. Might be better to reward 20 days out of 30 in a month, for example, with each one incrementally better. Maybe some days could be a prize for free, like on day 10 you get a free turret or deploy etc. Plenty of other games do this to encourage activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin View Post
      I've been logging in every day for the past 5+ days and got the mega-bonus this morning. I logged in now (~12h later) and discovered my consecutive bonuses is reset to 0 now. Aren't I supposed to keep receiving mega bonuses every day until I stay offline more than 24h?
      You get the mega bonus and then it resets, by design.

Maybe a better design would be: you get the mega-bonus, and then the daily rewards continue to increase, but are not equal to a mega-bonus, which you are eligible for every 7 days. Perhaps with consecutive mega bonuses you could have a better chance of hitting the large bonuses.

I'm sure there are newer and more effective versions of this Skinner box mechanic. This was one that I borrowed from a phone poker app a few years back. Might need updating. I'll add a ticket to revamp it slightly. Seeing your consecutive days build past 7 would be interesting and rewarding in and of itself.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
      X