Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheaters allowed to continue playing - is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaters allowed to continue playing - is this normal?

Caught a guy using some sort of aiming cheat to target cloaked weasels, and he was in a warbird. Reported, but he's still around, still cheating. Saw a Lev today "Lizzo" using multiple energy speed boosts, up to 5 in a row, straight from spawn. Reported, and an admin answered, then while I'm talking to him and playing, I'm watching Lizzo cheat again and again using the same 'cheat' or bug or whatever, and the admin stops replying eventually. I even have ss of Lizzo admitting cheating. But no response after that from the admin. So... is this the new SS? Cheaters allowed to play? In that case, RIP SS Continuum, it's been fun. Been a player since '01 or '05 can't remember, and cheaters were banned. Is it a new thing to let them play, because the community is so small, even cheaters are acceptable because they at least count towards the playerbase? Too bad, if this keeps up, the posts on Steam about cheaters in the game will increase, and the game will get a bad rap. Too bad this is happening after it got on Steam after so many years in the shadows.

Video: https://streamable.com/zf44gx
    Last edited by RedBaron007; 04-06-2020, 05:25 PM. Reason: Added video proof

you can see weasels on radar...
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
      you can see weasels on radar...
      Not with stealth and cloak both activated, which is how I was flying. It was a disadvantaged game, 3vs1, so I dropped into a weasel to try to get flag. I'm a little dismayed someone with 1449 posts here who knows I've been playing that long would actually think I didn't know that. Or... does that mean you're using the cheat mod too and can see weasels even when they're cloaked and in stealth? The response to claims of cheating here so far are not very impressive, in contrast with how staff responded in the past.
      Last edited by RedBaron007; 03-10-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I've literally never heard of you, as I doubt anyone else has on here, and given 50% of your forum posts ever are on this 4 post thread I think you can pipe down.

Have a great day
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

God damn Ricko
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

FYI the Ban Operators have been notified and will look into this.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
              I've literally never heard of you, as I doubt anyone else has on here, and given 50% of your forum posts ever are on this 4 post thread I think you can pipe down.

Have a great day
              Aaand I've never seen your name in game, and I've logged some considerable game time in the past decade and a half, so it's funny for you to pipe up out of nowhere and say I can pipe down. Especially when you claim warbirds can see cloaked/stealthed weasels on radar... how many minutes have you actually spent in the game and not talking on the forums?

Comment

chad bro
                Leland

Comment

Here you go, video proof: https://streamable.com/zf44gx

Comment

Why do I have the feeling the WB using "aimbot" cheats to target weasels is me.. I can't remember how many times I've been accused for it and I can only think of it as a compliment. Maybe you haven't played this game for long enough, but it has been out for a while and people have spend tens of thousands of hours in the game. With that amount of time you could learn a lot. For example you learn where terrible weasels will most likely be. You see them disappear from you radar when they go all lame mode by using stealth, but it's enough to get a rough idea of where they are going to be. All that's left is shooting at an angle that covers most of the area where you predict the weasel to be. This method has a pretty low rate of success, but apparently it's high enough for people who try the lamest way in the game to complain about it. Could give you a few pointers if you want. No cheats required (and allowed ofcourse). Stay grinding and you may one day be more than you are now.

Btw, the video shows zero signs of cheating. He's buying rockets inside base.

Comment

BIET cheater confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                        BIET cheater confirmed.
                        Yeah we knew that, and biet he's boosting before he gets into the buy zone, so your theory died, you didn't even watch the video, did you? I'm starting to get the feeling most of the people who read these posts have very little time spent in the game, so discussing this further is pointless on this platform. Peace out.
                        Last edited by RedBaron007; 04-09-2020, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBaron007 View Post

Yeah we knew that, and biet he's boosting before he gets into the buy zone, so your theory died, you didn't even watch the video, did you? I'm starting to get the feeling most of the people who read these posts have very little time spent in the game, so discussing this further is pointless on this platform. Peace out.
                          Levi's can't hold shift?

Comment

Biet is right about cloakers, and I also kill them constantly by guessing where they'll be and it's fun as hell when you do get them. and after reading your initial post it sounded like you're talking about 2 separate cheaters, someone who warbirds and can kill cloakers fully cloaked, and a Levi who can constantly shift on full charges. After watching that video it does indeed look like that levi is giving himself full charges. Should definitely be someone investigating, I've seen lizzo in game and will second a screen record if I also see him again. Qan also said they're looking into it. Obviously the majority of ppl hate cheaters and the main reason why this game has had an incredible life. All implications of cheaters should be looked into.

Comment

All implications of cheaters should be looked into.
                              And they are being looked into. See my posts on redbaron's thread here. I've included all the relevant info from the logs we keep in one of those posts, and if you don't trust me, you can ask qan to verify. I even included the timestamps of when those items were bought in the video. It's not rocket science, he was just wasting his pubbux on buying rockets.

Comment

Working...
                              X