Cannot delete file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot delete file?

I'm using Azureus to download and I get the error "Error: Data Missing C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\Azureus\downloads\Jeff_Buckley-Discography\Jeff_Buckley-Sketches_For_my_Sweetheart_the_Drunk\CD 2\Jeff Buckley - Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk (Disc 2) - 04 - I Know We Could Be So Happy Baby (If We Wanted To Be).mpc not found."

So I go to where the file is located. I try to edit it or whatever, but can't. Instead, this happens:

Notice how there are no copy, move, delete, properties, etc options. When I try and delete it, nothing happens. I can also not rename it or drag it anywhere. i can, however, delete the folder it is in.

This one file is preventing Azureus from downloading any of the other files in the torrent. If there's a way round this, help!

It has to do with the name being too long. Whenever you have a file like this, the Windows environment can't handle it. You have a few options. First, move all other files out of the folder and delete that folder. Second, go into DOS and go to that directory, then type del start_of_filename*.* to delete the file.

Comment

yeah this has happend to me before. try unplugging your internet and rebooting your computer, and before replugging yourself back in, delete the file. worked for me.
      audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
      DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
      Azreal> LOloL
      cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

ok thanks.

what I did was just change the download directory from
        C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\Azureus\downloads

to:
        C:\

now it works. stupid windows

cook: Azereus says I needed the file in order to continue downloading, so i couldn't just delete it. thanks anyway

Comment

Kweust
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Doing Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Temporary Internet Files sorts that problem in Shadow's Experimental, dunno about Azureus though.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxCannotDelete.htm
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Path names need to be shorter than 260 characters.

Comment

I have this problem deleting things also

I accidently made a folder called "." and it won't delete (because windows doesn't think it exists)...any tips?

Comment

tried booting in safe mode then deleting it?

(i'm no computer expert, but i've been told to do this with files that won't delete)

Comment

Working...
                    X