Modem problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modem problem

Ok, so I have a Voyager 205 ADSL router which is connected to the computer downstairs and connected by ehternet to an access point which is connected wirelessly to the computer upstairs.

Every now and then for some reason the router stops working, meaning I have to turn off the power to it for a few seconds then turn it back on (where it takes a minute or so to work again). For some reason it seems to do this more when I leave the computer when I'm downloading using Azereus, alhtough it does it a lot when I'm just actually using the computer without downloads going.
    Last edited by NaiLed; 05-22-2005, 08:04 AM.

hm, probably just the router itself then. I hate BT.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Probl...er-t11675.html

Comment

who not just stick to 1 standard modem, like the NTL home broadband internet, suits me.

Comment

Have you tried your ISP yet? :mellow:

Cuz it happens to me also... modem goes all weird, connect for a few min, then disconnect again etc etc... Then I called the ISP and they had some crap thats happening (IE: repairs, problems, etc etc) so after a day or 2, it'll be fine again.
        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

no, it's been doing it for ages already. the lights on the front begin to flash- it has to be the modem itself.

anyway, i updated the 'firmware' and it hasn't crashed yet today- maybe that was the issue.

thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
          X