ITT you explain how to set up a message board for a website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITT you explain how to set up a message board for a website

Anyone feel like explaining how I would go about teaching myself?

I would like to add a small message board for a squad site I'm gonna build. I'd prefer to use a vbulletin style system, because they are pretty well designed, and userfriendly. I'd prefer it to be inexpensive or free, if possible.

I thanks ye for ye help.

I guess that depends on what the site can support and what you know.

i.e. perl, php?

I do have the retail vBulletin I can send you, but your site will need to support PHP and MySQL

Comment

Yea, it supports php.

Are message boards pieces of software, or are they something that I would code by hand, or with a generator like DW, or something?
      Last edited by Subjugation; 06-01-2005, 06:31 PM.

Comment

A forum like vBulletin is just a pre-written script which you have to "install" on your server and you're done, it helps to know php but I think you can get by.

You could always just google for php message baord scripts or something similiar.
        Last edited by Superted; 06-01-2005, 06:48 PM.

Comment

vBulletin isn't free. In fact, they charge way too fucking much for it. I recommend phpBB. Have a look at their website. There's all sorts of info/help on getting it up and running on your own site.

http://www.phpbb.com/
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Ty Jase,

Btw, does that come free with twsites hosting? Or, does anyone else know if that's the case?

edit: nevermind...opensource.
            Last edited by Subjugation; 06-02-2005, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
              Ty Jase,

Btw, does that come free with twsites hosting? Or, does anyone else know if that's the case?

edit: nevermind...opensource.

If you get a Twsites account, you can "install" phpBB with a piece of software called Fantastico, in your control panel. Installing the Bulletin Board is as easy as writing an email and clicking "Send" to send it.

Comment

Working...
              X