Help: virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: virus?

My Sophos Anti-Virus scanner gives me this report when i try to open continuum:
    Virus Mal/Packer detected in E:Continuum\continuum.exe

I reinstalled continuum, but got the same error..

What the hell is a mal/packer..

what do i do about this shit.

you could start by posting in the right forum

Comment

Code:
      Malicious behaviorDescription:	
      Malicious behavior describes an executable file that displays characteristics or behavior that are found exclusively within malware and are therefore blocked to prevent likely intrusion, disruption or damage to computer systems.
      Replication:	
      Depends on the type of malicious software
      Naming:	Sophos Anti-Virus reports this behavior with the prefix "Mal/".
      Examples:	View Malicious Behavior.
      Your virus scanner just sucks, I guess.
      megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
      L K> taught u what?
      megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
      9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
      9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

i doubt anyone reads this forum as much as the other one

thanks for screwing up my chances of gettin any help

first thing to do when i get back into ss: axing nailed

Comment

yeah it seems to be my virus scanner..

what the hell

why does it do that

Comment

Anyone who can and wants to help reads this forum.

If it's not a virus, set it to ignore it. It's probably just being extra cautious.

Comment

I'm sure I've seen this before, it detects it as a virus because of something to do with it sending and receiving packets? Can't remember. Its safe though.

Comment

I would suggest downloading two programs and scanning your computer:
                Adaware SE scanner and AVG, just use google.com to search for them, run scans and if you do have a virus one of the two will most likely pick it up. Make sure you check for updates before you scan just incase. If all else fails reformat your HD if that's an option for you.
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                3:Best> see it coming
                3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                  I would suggest downloading two programs and scanning your computer:
                  Adaware SE scanner and AVG, just use google.com to search for them, run scans and if you do have a virus one of the two will most likely pick it up. Make sure you check for updates before you scan just incase. If all else fails reformat your HD if that's an option for you.

very well said, i was about to post damn near the exact same thing. AVG uses alot less system resource too, all around the best anti virus
                  Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                  1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                  Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                  caco <ER>> )Oo
                  caco <ER>> bot thief!
                  caco <ER>> duel me for it
                  Evasive <E> no!
                  Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Have you ever been annoyed by something before, WOW Goldpower level and then have someone

tell you to "relax"? How did you feel?Buy WOW Gold Did you relax as the person suggested or did

you feel even more worked up? From my experience, Aion Goldpeople who are

negative benefit more from an empathetic ear than suggestions/solutions on what he/she should do

Buy Aion Gold. By helping them to address their emotions,

WOW Power Levelingthe solutions will automatically come to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X