continuum not opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continuum not opening

so..... everything on my computer was working fine, including continuum... i shut off my computer and turn it back on. everything works fine but when i try to open continuum it doesn't open. in the system processes there are two continuum.exe processes and they go on an off with various CPU usage. i completely uninstalled continuum and deleted everything continuum related and re-installed... same thing.... i uninstalled, ran SpyBot, Adaware, SpyDoctor, hijackthis then restarted and re-installed... same thing. and now i hijackthis'd something dumb because windows is saying i don't have a genuine copy of it even though i do so ill have to reinstalled windows or something. someone please help
    SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
    SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

I had the same problems, few times. no idea how I fixed it tho' Don't think I reinstalled my windows.
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Try to close your virus scanner and put your firewall on standby and close any other programs running in the background (look in the task manager to verify).
      Then try to start Continuum once again.

If you can start continuum, stop it and then start a background program back up. See if you can still run continuum and try it with the next program (and so on).
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Yeah my computer has been telling me that I dont have a genuine copy of Windows.. when I do.

Whatever I just ignore it
        Warning: Disconnected From Server.
        paralyze> what is this, some sort of gay-out?
        paralyze> and nice try
        Sleuth> WTF
        Sleuth> OK QUIET
        JuNkA> LOL
        Sleuth> THOUGHTS COMING
        Sleuth> SHHH

Warning: Disconnected From Server
        Thoughts> u wish
        Sleuth> WHAT THE FUCK
        Vue> LOOL
        Sleuth> LOLOLOLOL
        Sleuth> ABBOT IS COMING
        Sleuth> QUIET

Warning: Disconnected from server
        abbot> ..
        Thoughts> LMFAO
        paralyze> ROFL
        Sleuth> stfu

Comment

my advice,un-install all ur virus programs,few may block continuum..or buy a new comp
          https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
          1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
          1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
          1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
          1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
          1:soild>they can say what they like
          1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
          1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

yeah... ive tried everything.... i think im just going to swipe my c drive since i have my hard drive partitioned and all my files are saved to e. ill reinstall windows and my programs(not too many maybe 5-6) and if that doesn't fix it it isn't my computer, its a ghost.
            SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
            SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by bete noire View Post
              yeah... ive tried everything.... i think im just going to swipe my c drive since i have my hard drive partitioned and all my files are saved to e. ill reinstall windows and my programs(not too many maybe 5-6) and if that doesn't fix it it isn't my computer, its a ghost.
              ROFLCAKES
              :eek:
              HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
              Lance> Here is BCG's song
              Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
              HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot

Comment

Maybe worth the look:
                Why will Continuum not load?
                Maverick

Comment

Update windows?

If all else fails, reformat.
                  (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

I have experienced this problem a few times: When the computer is low on ram (this used to happen to my comp alot cause i would play AA and then try to open SS) it wouldn't want to load, then when i try to open it again it just makes another copy trying to load. Obviously you restarted your computer by now so that may be out of the question. My suggestion would be, like whoever said that before (too lazy to look back) is to reformat. It should work then, if not you obviously have some sort of hardware failure. Oh 1 more thing, don't think this would impact it, but do u have direct x installed? :P
                    Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

I have the same problem. :]
                      "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                      • Shark
                      • Dicer
                      • Sager
                      • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Reformat is way to rough to solve the problem and will cost you way too much time. I would always advice against such a thing.
                        Maverick

Comment

heh reformats take at the most 2-3 hours if you backed up or wrote down your needed applications i find reformatting is very useful to start a fresh and get rid of all the old bugs or learn from your mistakes.

Maybe you installed a programme that your comp disliked or random files all over the place i think it takes longer to delete or add/remove files you dont need than to simply reinstall and the plus side i bet theres programmes cluttering up or starting up on your system that simply removing or trying to remove does not work.

The only thing that i would suggest if you are to reformat.

1. before i reinstall any computer i take a screenshot of all devices expanded (in hardware device manager) and print this. this is so if for anyreason the driver is not reinstalled on reformat then at least you know what driver you are looking for that worked previously.

2. make sure you have the correct reinstall cd that matches your windows certificate or you will reformat your drive and then realise come install of windows you dont have a key to reinstall windows.

3. write down all programmes or apps you know you use. before i reformat i make a dvd data disk with all new apps downloaded ready for my fresh install.

4. My Documents this is annoying to miss on a reformat bye bye pictures or homework if you leave this.

5. Favroutes and email my god how many times have i lost a penpals address for not backing up outlook simple and easy to back up dont forget

but reformat is a better way than frickin around with reg keys and deleting programmes and at the end of the reinstall not only have you got a nice clean desktop and rid of the old rubbish files you never used but a faster system without all the starting apps that might have slugged your computer down.

Comment

I GOT IT

HOW ABOUT..you check every other fucking thread about the SAME FUCKING THING AND U WIL FIND THE ANSWER THERE

THERES ONLY ABOUT 50 OF THEM

Comment

LoLify

i wish i could reformat you money mmmmm ill insert my slave disk then power you up muuhahhahaha
                              RISSSSEEEE my slave!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X