Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows xp problem

i accidentally did a microsoft "update" and now my computer sucks balls

any time i try to open a window or anything, explorer.exe eats all my resources until i restart my computah.

whaddaido?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

You could try to delete the update. It should be listed together with your other programs in the Add/Remove programs
    Today we may say aloud before an awe-struck world: "We are still masters of our fate.
    We are still captain of our souls." -Winston Churchill

Comment

Maybe not a good idea if the update was security related.

But Ornlu has a good point---if the update is non-security related (for example, it updates the IE browser to 7.0 and you only use Opera), that might be a good solution. Go into Add/Remove Programs from your Control Panel. There's a check box at the top right hand corner labeled "Show Updates". Checking it gives you the date the update was installed. That should narrow it down, because oftentimes, they don't just update 1 thing. They give you like 5 updates at once.

Is it possible that it's not because of the updates, though? Make sure you do the basics like run Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter first.

Comment

There's a chance that you're running a fake copy of Windows and that update was purely to mess up pirate versions.

Comment

It was probably only the update that changes the daylight savings time date back 3 weeks. Don't want any Y2K7 going on.

Comment

When it hangs, check your processes for a process called "vercslid.exe"

If that is there, try ending the process and see if it fixes the hang. If this is the case, you need to go to add/remove programs, and remove MS Update KB908531. (Make sure "show updates" is checked).

If this was your problem, it's caused by the update clashing with some drivers.

If this isn't the problem, then I don't know, sorry.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
            X