Weird Sound Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Sound Problem

It's been a long time since I've heard the bomb firing sound effect. All the others play just fine, but not that one. Today, I opened up Continuum and had music playing (on the computer), and the bomb sound effects were back.

I tried a little experiment: I closed Continuum and closed the program that was playing the music (iTunes), reopened Continuum and... no bomb sound effects. I closed Continuum, started the music back up, opened Continuum, and the bomb sound effects were back.

What gives?
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Something with your soundcard or the drivers to it. If you even have one?

I remember I could never listen to music and play subspace at all on the same time on my old computer. But I think everything went through the motherboard and I didn't have a soundcard..

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say, do you have sound integrated into your motherboard? I had problems with that previously (no sound at all).

Comment

No, it's a sound card in a PCI slot. My drivers are up-to-date, too. I just can't figure out why it would only mess up that one sound and not all of them (to be more specific, it's the sound when you fire a bomb).

Comment

Bump.

Comment

I really have no idea, sorry

Comment

Working...
            X