Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU 100% (yet not spyware/ virus?)

Problem: The CPU goes 100%.

The processes that consume alot appear to be random, and changing constantly at all times. I've checked all these process-info programs but the processes just jump from one to another, nothing weird found.
    Examples. One second process A takes 30% and process B takes 40% and C takes 25%.
    Other moment process A takes 5% and process B takes 5% and C takes 60% and D takes 30%.

- I formatted the laptop, twice, a dell inspiron 1150. (installed zonealarm afterwords). The cpu is still going 100%.
    - Tested with several virusscanners, nothing found.
    - Tested with several spyware scanners, nothing found.
    - I checked all registry & other "startup" files, no suspicious programs found.
    - I checked all processes (google the process name and see what it is) and no suspicious found. I only have about 30 ~ 40 processes, and nothing heavy (just skype, etc).

Interresting fact: The fan appears to be ok, since after a boot the cpu does not go 100%, so the fan makes less noise. So the fan doesn't seem broken. It goes up after a minute or so. Or, if i had the laptop pc is hot and i do a reboot. This fact would indicate to me for spyware. Yet non to be found. Or would be fan be broken since it can cool the laptop if it's cold, but afterwords it's fcked??

Configuration > System > hardware shows no conflicts.

What could it be? Hardware conflict? Driver conflict? Virus? Spyware?

While typing the above, I got insecure about the format I did (was it really gone then? Because if so, then the problem comes is a program). I'm going to answer myself, and do these steps in the weekend. So maybe someone else in the future can use this.

It seems that the only solution so far seems to be to disconnect it from internet. What happens now?

Disconnect from internet, uninstall virusscanner (avg), reboot, let it wait a while, what happens now? (perhaps a diskfragment or scan or something?)

Disconnect from internet, uninstall firewall (zonealarm),reboot, let it wait a while, what happens now?

No result? Format the pc again, after a clean install, let it wait a while, what happens now?
    If the result is positive, install programs one by one. and boot/wait.
    If the result is negative, well... I haven't gotten this far =)

Comment

Working...
    X