Old Broken Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Broken Laptop

This has absolutely nothing to do with TW, but I hope there is someone here that can offer some decent advice for me. I've got an old laptop that has been broken and unable to power on for about 3-4 years now, but I have all my pictures from Iraq and countless other sentimental items on it and would like to recover them if possible. Is there any big chain store that someone could recommend, or perhaps explain what I should be looking for in regards to services? Is it even possible to recover these items anymore? I know nothing about hardware, so any advice is appreciated, thanks.

You can probably take out the harddrive and and put it into something like this? You can find it at newegg. I am assuming these docking stations act similarly to external harddrives, just you provide the harddrive.

Or something.
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

yeah my parents laptop broke after a similar period of time. The screen had broken so i hooked it up to a monitor but the windows boot up seemed to be corrupted as well and it couldn't get into windows >< even in safe mode.

still i took out the hard drive, put it in my pc booted into my computer and lo and behold there was the hard drive with all the wedding pictures and photos my parents wanted

certainly worth a try, if it's totaly dead and not being recognised at all there are places that can recover info from the platters as well but it was really expensive , haven't checked the prices recently
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Your parents got married a few months/years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
          You can probably take out the harddrive and and put it into something like this? You can find it at newegg. I am assuming these docking stations act similarly to external harddrives, just you provide the harddrive.

Or something.
          Since it's an older laptop, he will likely need THIS instead of what you have linked.
          The song doesn't make your hands clap,
          The hand claps make the song

Comment

You are totally correct PUNK, thank you. I ended up visiting best buy and Radio Shack today to see if anybody had the housing I needed for my HD, and it turns out that since my laptop is so old now, its fittings were Obsolete, so I ended up just giving it to the geek squad and they are going to put everything on discs for me. Thanks though!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
              so I ended up just giving it to the geek squad and they are going to put everything on discs for me. Thanks though!
              They're going to use the exact same thing I showed you B)
              The song doesn't make your hands clap,
              The hand claps make the song

Comment

Working...
              X