Bootable XP pro CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootable XP pro CD

Ok so my laptop is 100% fucked up, the registry is corrupted. So, I don't have the cd that came with it. I've been reading around and I know that I have to make a bootable CD, basically the installation disc all over again. I want to completely install a new OS, I downloaded Win XP Pro Sp3, and now I need someone to help me create a bootable CD from it.

thanks
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

It's actually not too difficult at all, if you have the CD image downloaded, you can use something like Alcohol 120% (burning software) to burn that image onto a blank CD. Assuming it's something like a .iso file, you don't just burn that file onto the CD and expect it to work, it contains the data which should be burned onto the CD (much like zip files contain compressed data).

Did you not get instructions with the download? If it's a torrent or something, check the comments and descriptions there.
    (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
    5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
    1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
    1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

What Galaxy Turbo said.

Plus;
      Originally posted by paradise! View Post
      I downloaded Win XP Pro Sp3
      Make sure you've downloaded a bootable win xp installation disc or it won't work.
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        What Galaxy Turbo said.

Plus;
        Make sure you've downloaded a bootable win xp installation disc or it won't work.
        yeah....thats the problem i just hit.....I don't have it. I have no installation disk at all. Would I need to download Windows Xp Pro w/no service pack and install it, and THEN dl the service pack?
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

yea. do that

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
            yeah....thats the problem i just hit.....I don't have it. I have no installation disk at all. Would I need to download Windows Xp Pro w/no service pack and install it, and THEN dl the service pack?
            You can get it with the service pack from the start (which is what I did) but it has to be bootable from a CD or else your installation is just not gonna happen.
            Finding yourself another torrent or something may be a good start, unless someone else here knows how to make it a bootable CD from one that isn't.. (This would be the more difficult option I think, since people have already done this)

Yeah, find yourself another copy as a CD would be my choice.
            (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
            5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
            1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
            1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

1. Download a Windows xp sp3 image, iso or whatever extension it has, aslong as it is 1 file.

2. Download clone cd (search in google), install it, choose "write from image file" and select the Windows xp sp3 image, and burn.

There is your windows xp boot cd. But there are other things to worry about. Like:

- You need a good cd-key during xp install
              - If you have a Sata harddrive XP prolly wont "see" your harddrive.
              - You need to look for system drivers before you reinstall XP.

Why dont you pay someone some money to do it for you. Ask em to install office, virusscanner and all that stuff.

Comment

I had to do this for a friends system that was in a constant loop cycle on bootup. Had to make this from a different XP system, but worked perfectly in fixing the corrupted system.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/
                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                X