Buying a Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Laptop

I'm looking for a decent-spec 14" laptop between 500-700$, if you've got any other suggestions. I tried snooping around in Dell at their Latitude line and refurbs but I don't really like Dell that much.

Besides the fact that the ThinkPads look like bricks, I've got these models lined up to decide between (all Lenovo-open to suggestions)

ThinkPad SL400
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor P7370 (2.0GHz 1066MHz 3MBL2)
    equivalent/same blah blah as T400
    ThinkPad T400
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26GHz 1066MHz 3MBL2)
    Vista Home Basic, 2 GB Memory, 160GB HDD, CDRW/DVD, 6-cell, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Intel GMA (onboard), blah blah
    IdeaPad Y430
    Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T3400 processor ( 2.16GHz 667MHz 1MB )
    3GB RAM, 320GB HDD + blah blah
    IdeaPad Y450
    Intel® Core™ Duo T4200 ( 2GHz 800MHz 1MB )
    No Bluetooth + blah blah

This'll probably be my first laptop.

When it really comes down to it, do I go by price (they're all within my price range after I use the coupons and the sale going on this week), or do I go by processor?
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Originally posted by Edify View Post
    ThinkPad T400
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26GHz 1066MHz 3MBL2)
    Vista Home Basic, 2 GB Memory, 160GB HDD, CDRW/DVD, 6-cell, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Intel GMA (onboard), blah blah
    Out of the ones listed, I would probably go for this one if it were ME buying it.

Comment

another dead thread dies again by my hand!

OK. I always complicate things. So a friend of mine spotted this beauty on NewEgg. I scoured the interwebz for a better deal and found the same exact box, but on Amazon.com and for 499$ instead of 599$. Win.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
      X