Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7

Ok so im using Windows 7 as my main OS now. It is fine everything runs fine aside from SS. Basically despite my fps always being well above 600 the gameplay jumps from time to time, only little jumps not huge freezes. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there is maybe a fix for it?

My PC is certainly powerful enough so that isn't the problem.
    2:Enf> some say he's been playing since 1998, others say he has the skill of someone who started playing yesterday.. all we know is that he's called Flion

1:Cap> Crunchy Nut> man ur sister is easier than that cone I got the other day

The problem is that your frame rate is too high, in advanced options there is a box you can check at the bottom to have the game put a cap of 128 on your frame rate which should fix the problems you mentioned above.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

um your frame rate really isnt 600...your screens refresh rate is probably 60 Hz so it cant go more than 60 times/second. The fps thing has some interesting math to come to those numbers...try turning hardware acceleration on/off thatll give you a more realistic number
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

i had this same problem, your framerate is TOO HIGH, go to advanced options and make sure "no framerate limit" is UNCHECKED, problem solved

i would have like 600 fps and when i would go to change arenas it would spike to like 25000fps and i would get d/c everytime

just like kthx said :>

Comment

Hmm well none of these seem to be working so im guessing it must be an issue with the Nvidia W7 drivers, or simply W7. I am going to try using the Vista 64bit drivers to see if this makes a difference.
          2:Enf> some say he's been playing since 1998, others say he has the skill of someone who started playing yesterday.. all we know is that he's called Flion

Comment

weird

Comment

Im running it on windows 7 on a onboard intel card (laptop) and an ATI card (desktop) without any problems. So yeah it could be the drivers. Are they still beta drivers?

Comment

Surprisingly no, they are official Windows 7 drivers.

Are you using the Windows 7 beta or the RC1? Im on Rc1

Comment

Well I have reverted back from Nvidias 185.85 official drivers to the 181 beta's which seems to have made a huge improvement, still not a 100% smooth but certainly 90% and very playable.

Comment

Working...
                  X