Strange keyboard issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange keyboard issues.

So my Windows XP was way corrupted last week, so I decided reformat and put a fresh install of Windows 7 on there. Continuum runs just fine on it but I am having keyboard issues that make the game unplayable.

When I first enter the game it runs fine, I can shoot, thrust and everything. But after a bit of play, specifically after a few thrust shots, the keyboard starts to act up. Sometimes the entire thing locks up, other times only certain keys do, and other times still keys start to bind to different characters.

I looked at the keyboard settings in Continuum after the problems started arising and it turns out the keys start to bind themselves to the control key. Example: left becomes ctrl+left, mine becomes shift+ctrl+tab. The most odd of all these changes is that control itself now becomes Ctrl Key 223, whatever that is. If i use that as my bullet I can shoot fine after the keys start getting all weird.

I just tried it and now my question mark is É. Apostraphe is è. Normally this doesnèt happen outside Continuum.

iève got a Logitech G15 keyboard with all the drivers installed. Stickykeys are off. weird stuff

Well, I discovered the root of the problem really quickly, but I'm unsure how to deal with it. When I press Shift + Control together my keyboard seems to map itself differently. If I press it again it goes back to normal. I just need to know how to disable that.

Comment

problem solved mods lock this topic

sir spider is god

Comment

What was the exact solution to your problem?
        This might be worthwhile information for future problems.
        Maverick
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
        Subspace Statistics Administrator
        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          What was the exact solution to your problem?
          This might be worthwhile information for future problems.
          Whenever he hit Shift Ctrl, his keyboard switched to a different layout.

I'll point out the solution in picture format below, since I gave it to him.

Basically, you go to your Region settings in Windows 7 (I would assume the same would apply to Vista as well) and remove (or change) the default shortcut that changes your keyboard layout.
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
            Code:
             ____ ____ ____ ____ _________ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ 
            ||F |||R |||E |||E |||       |||I |||L |||Y |||A |||Z ||
            ||__|||__|||__|||__|||_______|||__|||__|||__|||__|||__||
            |/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|/_______\|/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|
            look it's a keyboard, and it has just enough letters for me to type the most important message ever

the keyboard has an extra 'e'. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Comment

Good tip... thanks for the info Hellborn

Comment

Thanks. That was a really annoying problem. Well, not anymore...

Comment

Working...
                X