tell me about macintoshes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, i am posting this from a mac

maybe im high, but i dont think you ever specified whether you wanted a desktop or a laptop. imo, makes a big difference. i think a macbook would be a very excellent portable computer - macs are very stable, very clean GUI-wise, and are relatively durable (look at a 2-3yr old mac vs a similar windows laptop, youll see the difference)

but the desktop... eeeehh, 1) way better to spend that money on a windows box, 2) their desktops to me (especially because of the mac keyboard) just feels like im using a laptop thats forever stuck on a desk.

also ilyaz: if you have netflix, go check out "objectified".
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

There is no '#' key. Well, you can't get '#' using a single button press... which isn't great if you need to press it a lot.

Comment

I recently bought a macbook (October. Damn you, new macbook upgrades). Pretty much all the shortcuts that you use in Windows can be transfered onto a mac, you just need to know which ones they are, since they've moved around. I found it took me about 2-3 weeks before I was comfortable with them, now they are pretty simple to understand and to use. I find that sometimes I end up doing apple shortcuts on my windows computer at times. : P

You can use any mouse with a mac. Right click options exists on macs. I have a microsoft mouse that I use from before, and it works perfectly fine. However, I have found that I am mostly using the trackpad because the ability to use multitouch gestures has been pretty useful. and the fact that the trackpad is so big helps as well.

Since apple products are getting more popular, finding pirated software is relatively simpler than before, I would suspect. I have been able to find the programs I need, so it should be fine.

I'm still on the fence on whether the price is still justified, but at the moment I don't regret buying one.
        duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
          There is no '#' key. Well, you can't get '#' using a single button press... which isn't great if you need to press it a lot.

????????

Fuck it.

Comment

My MacbookPro has been fine for my needs for the past 5 and a half years or so. The best advice I've seen posted so far is to make sure that you get the extended applecare coverage. In my opinion the customer service makes the higher prices worthwhile. I've been into an apple store on several occasions and left within a half hour with a brand new part, no questions asked, every single time (I had the keyboard replaced twice, the display once, and I've been through a few faulty batteries).

And it has become far easier in the past few years to find pirated software for OSX and higher.

Comment

Working...
            X