Elim/Baseelim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim/Baseelim

Heard Wingzero working on getting the bots back in form. What is the time line for this?
    And are new additions being included?

Okay, here is the situation with the elims. The bots that were there originally were producing an enormous amount of database errors which we think, in turn, was also causing other bots problems. Due to our reliance on the database for more important things, I found it necessary to remove all database functionality from the elim bots. For all intensive purposes, I rewrote the elim bots to not use the db only to be used as a temporary solution.

The bigger problem is that the person who was writing a bad ass huge new elim bot disappeared on us so we're going to have to try and resuscitate the project that was left unfinished or start a brand new project completely. We really want to have well-coded bots running in the elims that will provide a whole host of cool functions. Until we find/create a permanent solution, we'll have to settle with the temporary bots for now. I plan on adding some limited database functionality to the temporary bots but not until after I complete a couple other things (like the who's online bot :tw-guardh:!squad penetrate).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Thanks for the update and your effort. Looking forward to new and improved bots, even if it will be a long time

Comment

The bots that were there originally were producing an enormous amount of database errors which we think, in turn, was also causing other bots problems.
        The bots coded by milosh saved TW, because the players hadn't a bot when Robo Ref was broken and couldn't get back because priit was gone already.
        Although, unfortunately the queries made there are very huge and doesn't use good and fast methods to select/insert(like operator IN, or even joins).

Due to our reliance on the database for more important things, I found it necessary to remove all database functionality from the elim bots. For all intensive purposes, I rewrote the elim bots to not use the db only to be used as a temporary solution.
        Maybe a good solution, if temporarily, since elim was dead already and no one could care about rank.

We really want to have well-coded bots running in the elims that will provide a whole host of cool functions. Until we find/create a permanent solution, we'll have to settle with the temporary bots for now. I plan on adding some limited database functionality to the temporary bots but not until after I complete a couple other things (like the who's online bot :tw-guardh:!squad penetrate).
        Having a well coded bot takes time and experience.
        Experience means a good coder, time means having this good coder willing to spend time.
        if TW has one like that, in my opinion thats just you left.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
        Why are you sorry? You are coding stuffs for the players, thats ok, but you're coding stuffs for others also, those that are stupid like P_L and can't even handle a zone.
        So you shouldn't be sorry, you're doing all this and for free.
        I hope the experience you get, will bring you good job after you finish the university course
        Because if not, not worth to pass the time with some stupid staffs and make stuffs for them.

The bigger problem is that the person who was writing a bad ass huge new elim bot disappeared on us so we're going to have to try and resuscitate the project that was left unfinished or start a brand new project completely.
        I'm still have the project I started, yes. Very huge, very clean, very well coded just like pub system I've built.
        It is reverse-engineering of Priit's robo ref.

At my computer, its almost done, but not commited since I'm not a bot developer anymore and I was removed from STAFF by Tres(yes, he abused powers:/ )

Even the database tables are fine, re-using tblUser and avoiding duplicated infos, something good and fast.
        Rank system is nice, making it harder and harder to get on #1, which attracts good players into the game and thats what I worked on to revive elim.

At this moment, I'm not publishing the elim, and I don't even know if I will.
        It'll be in use after Tres apologises, and if P_L shows interest, we may deal.

It is interest of the players, but everyone should know that our staff tree sucks, and the top of the tree is a guy that has difficulties to handle and administrate.
        And spacehiker is not around anymore,
        So it is not an interest of mine to give it on P_L's hands.

I suggest you to re-code other elim bot, yes.

I'm sorry for the incovenience WingZero, but its everything I can explain after all the mess I had with the staffers, they didn't respect me after eveything I've built to them and players.

Also sorry players, but I know that not giving you the new elim bot after all the hard work I've had...is not a good option.
        But, giving all my work at P_L's hand and others staffers that could even axe me(unprofessionalism part by Tres) after everything good I did, is not good to me.
        I'm also not giving it to someone that has "'power" and "title"(which means nothing in a 2d game) but has zero of knowledge. No way to maintenance to him, no way to understand the functionalities there were made with careful and advanced java tools.

so I suggest you to wait for a next person thats willing to work for free. maybe Tres's fault. :P
        Last edited by Dexter; 06-04-2011, 07:24 PM.
        “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
        -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
        -Bots / Systems creator
        -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

So what your saying is trench is being deprived of new elim bots because of staff infighting?

Respect to you for your hard work. More respect to you and them if you put aside differences and get the new bots in place.

Regards,

Rule

Comment

Working...
          X