Choppiness and onboard sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choppiness and onboard sound

This is more for information as I've resolved the problem, but maybe someone will find this helpful someday.

I had an issue with choppiness of the game, I'm running on a pretty high end machine so there is no way I should have choppiness and indeed my FPS consistently stays well above anything my eyes can discern. I noticed the choppiness mostly while thrusting (still very minor but an annoyance), and someone suggested messing with continuum's sound settings. Turning off engines sounds caused immediate improvement. I decided to go a little further and replace my onboard sound with a dedicated sound card - the problem is completely fixed now and I've got all the sound settings on high too.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else encounters this problem...

was about to say buy a soundcard haha

Comment

weaver running tw on high watch the fuk out

Comment

Originally posted by Weaver View Post
        I'd be interested to know if anyone else encounters this problem...
        i have that problem sometimes too. its not much but its enough to be annoying as hell when u play. my FPS is constantly around 200 even when it is choppy. i always play with my sound off, but it doesnt happen all the time. it randomly becomes choppy and with reconnecting, restarting ect ect, it doesnt go away. it only goes away randomly. idk if it has anything to do with continuum taking up the most CPU when open on my computer, but it shouldnt since its only on and off. im running windows 7

Comment

Working...
        X