linux and windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux and windows 7

so i decided i wanted to try out linux and now my pc is fucked. i downloaded linux installer and burned it to disc, then i ran the installer. i chose to install it to run alongside windows 7. as a result i had to partition my hard drive. anyway after i finished installing ubuntu it asked me to remove the installation cd and my pc restarted. but now rather than asking me whether i want to boot in windows 7 or ubuntu, it gives me the error:

error: no such device: ae21d573-3008-4b18-b23b-2546d0cdda0.
    grub rescue>

i have no clue what to do. i tried rebooting with the linux installation cd in, and again it brought me to the installation setup, this time i tried to run it alongside windows and it takes me to the linux desktop screen but obviously this isn't functional without the installation cd.

i tried rebooting with my windows 7 installation cd and from there i first chose system repair, but it said there was nothing to fix, and then i tried to boot from a previous system save point but this failed as well. i think i could reinstall windows 7 but i don't really feel like losing all the shit i already had on my hard drive. has anyone had a problem like this or know how to fix it?
    Gun remembers.

http://ubuntuforums.org/

Comment

nvm i got it
      Gun remembers.

Comment

HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE WHEN I PARTITIONED AND INSTALLED UBUNTU, COMPLETELY FUCKED WINDOWS LOL

Comment

Need help with curing aids and cancer, pretty rough

Comment

nvm i got it

Comment

http://xkcd.com/979/
              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by fLaReD View Post
                nvm i got it
                Gonna tell us how you got it or what? (for future reference)
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

[QUOTE=project dragon;821054]

I lol'd to the extreme when I saw this pic. I've been there many times.
                  sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                  1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Working...
                  X