Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest lag problem in the history of the universe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest lag problem in the history of the universe!

So here's my story-
    my old modem broke down wed, got a new one 2 days ago. Exactly same modem, ARRIS modem. So, i set everything up, and i test it with internet browser and speed test. Looks fine right? I come on SS, and find that my lag....is the biggest lag....that this game has ever seen! Legit cant even play..
    i tried everything, i repeat, EVERYTHING to fix it
    -called isp
    -traced
    -bugged people for help
    -restarted, reconnected.
    If u have any solutions or ever had this before...please help me. I honestly do not know what to do anymore.
    -Cant buy a new modem, longstory i dont feel like telling.
    so ya, any suggestions or fixes are appreciated....
    O and also, everything else is working fine, but SS is extremely laggy!
    Thanks you!
    Waffle> I dream about this game.
    Superbeast God

Is this a wireless modem? And what type of connection are you using? Broadband, DSL, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsk|n View Post
      everything else is working fine, but SS is extremely laggy!
      Just FYI, this is misleading. Spent a good bit of time on TeamViewer trying to troubleshoot Frog's connection. He has 2 wireless adapters running, both connecting to the same network, separate internal IPs of course. Seems to lag in some ways less when both are enabled (????).

The current and average pings are OK; he spikes hard and has packetloss between 5 and 15%.

But, when running with just one, the external, the packetloss was so high I was unable to click on anything over TeamViewer. So it's not just SS.

I really do think it's your new modem, considering the problems started the moment you changed it out.

Maybe if you found a very tiny modem, took off the case of the current one, and then put it inside so that nobody would know you'd swapped it out?

Moving thread over to the tech support section.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

But idk why, i did speedtests and all and my numbers were good.
        Superbeast God

Comment

Im using Wireless ARRIS modem
          Superbeast God

Comment

Originally posted by qan
            Just FYI, this is misleading. Spent a good bit of time on TeamViewer trying to troubleshoot Frog's connection. He has 2 wireless adapters running, both connecting to the same network, separate internal IPs of course. Seems to lag in some ways less when both are enabled (????).
            Just a rough guess due to the lack of real info: auto power saving feature which adjusts to just send a signal strong enough to reach the furthest adapter?

If you want more support Frog then supply us with...
            • exact modem(ID/Number/Branding/...)
            • which settings(IP Ranges/Priorities/v4+v6 Config)
            • which setup(Devices in your Network: (Manufacturer, numbers, for comps which OS, ...) / What Type of network (DSL/Cable/Uni-Lan/...) / Positioning of wireless adapters (proximity and walls/water lines between))
            • Which ISP
            • what EXACTLY is your problem
            • several pathpings to google at different times of the day (might blacken out your own ips) => windows key + R => "pathping google.com" (might take some time)
            • and whatever else you know that could play a role

And please understand that if you lack patience with this kind of problem and just shout HELP like princess Peach your only chance will be to have someone come over and pay him.

Comment

try changing modem to a dicferent broadcast channel. Also move closer to it if possible. Also, have you tried a direct wired connection? Was this modem suplied by your ISP? Have you also updated the router's internal firmware to the latest version?
              Lots of info we need to see if we cant figure it out.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

ISP: Comcast, yes they provided me with this modem.
                already changed the broadcast channel twice.
                i tried to move closer, didnt help with lag, stayed same.
                I cant wire it, the modem is in my brothers room, on the basement, im on the third floor.
                all updated fully.
                Superbeast God

Comment

It's possible they sent you a bad modem. Comcast is also in the top3 voted worst customer service every year, so that would not expect me. Are you running JUST their modem? If you look up how to use their modem as just a gateway for a modem of your own that can solve some issues. Have you also tried to disable the modem's firewall temporarily to see if that helps?
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

You go wireless through 3 or more walls with a shared Comcast connection on a branded, not configured modem and have no clue about networking and now blame the tw server for lag. I am getting this right? ;-) Sorry but this really sounds amusing.

On a more serious note: to narrow down the problem, have you tried playing on your brothers comp (wired) just to see if the problem is in front or behind your modem?

Comment

Now it seems to be spiking once in a while- one day its fine, next day its very bad
                      Superbeast God

Comment

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Comcast, either. I frequently had lag issues with them. I do know some people who work as techs for some of the bigger companies. They have told me the biggest reason for lag with Cable internet providers, like Comcast, that is you share your Cable connection with other households in the area. So depending on the usage around you, you can really lag hard. Comcast also has usage quotas that you might not know about during peak hours which can really curtail you during certain hours morning and night.

Not to plug for any company, but after 7 years fighting Comcast, in 2009 I switched to ATT U-Verse. It's DSL and you don't share your connection with anyone. In my neighborhood, fiber-optics are run directly to my house. My average lag never exceeds 50ms and it's super reliable.

Comment

Oh pweeze qan help me too cuz im known as the biggest lagger in tw now

Comment

Frog just for your info: people keep checking the tech section for help requests to support the players with lack in technological experience and knowledge. For them to be able to do that you have to supply them with information and cooperate. Everything else is just pointless spam and annoying those who try to help for free and should be deleted soon as it benefits nobody to have trash talk on the tech forum.

Comment

FYI, Comcast has had many issues over the last 2 weeks. I've gotten from reports and seen the issue from several clients; all independent from TW and this forum.
                              eph

Comment

Working...
                              X