High Ploss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Ploss

K, I have a HUGE problem with my packetloss. My c2s has been outrageously high for some time now (like, 15%+). I have no clue what's up. The only thing I know for sure is that it's my computer or interent's problem, since it's c2s..

Help??
    Originally posted by paradise!
    pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
    1:Reaver> HALP
    1:Reaver> HELELP
    1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
    1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Do a trace, and post it here, omitting the first 3-5 IPs. Then I can tell you what's up.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Lol, ok wow. I did a trace, and i suppose it's obvious where my ploss problem hides..O yea, and if you need the IP adresses to figure it out, please say so.

2 kazad-dum-vl103-msfc2-15.ucinet. 2.7 0 0 0
      3 inet-tus-isp--inet-uci-egm.cenic 2.7 0 0 20
      4 gigabitethernet5-1-520.ipcolo1.L 2.7 0 0 0
      5 gigabitethernet5-2.core2.LosAnge 2.7 0 0 0
      6 so-4-1-0.bbr1.LosAngeles1.level3 2.7 0 0 30
      7 unknown.Level3.net 2.7 0 10 30
      8 so-7-0-0.edge1.SanJose1.level3.n 0.0 10 10 40
      9 abovenet-level3-oc12.SanJose1.Le 97.2 80 80 80
      10 so-5-0-0.mpr3.sjc2.us.above.net 13.8 80 80 100
      11 so-5-1-0.cr1.dca2.us.above.net 11.1 80 80 80
      12 so-6-0-0.cr1.iad1.us.mfnx.net 11.1 80 80 90
      13 pos9-0.er1a.iad1.us.above.net 11.1 80 80 80
      14 ge7-0.core2.dca2.hopone.net 5.7 80 80 90
      15 vl3.msfc1.distb2.dca2.hopone.net 2.8 70 80 80
      16 sls-cb9p7.dca2.superb.net 0.0 80 80 80

Dang....
      pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.

Comment

It looks to me like your ISP is the problem. Are you on 56k? If you are, I suggest upgrading to cable/DSL if it's available. If you're already on cable/DSL, your company sucks. :P Try resetting the cable modem, if it doesn't work, then try to find a new broadband connection.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

The problem most likely is in a faulty router somewhere along the way. Meaning nothing you can do except wait until someone fixes it.

Packetloss is caused when the connection between your computer and the server is congested. This can happen anywhere from your PC to the hundred's of routers that make up the link between you and the server.

Packetloss is generated when a router (or link) is overloaded and can no longer cope with the amount of traffic that is trying to get through. If your not familar with how the internet works, consider it to be a highway. Every now and then there's a traffic jam and some people just don't make it to their destinations on time. If a packet does not arrive at the server or client within the time specified or never arrives at all, it is deemed to be a lost packet.
          "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

What if you have LAN?

Also, my ploss has been about this high for about 2 months now, so I'm a little confused. If it was a router problem, I think it woulda been fixed by now.

Comment

One more thing...

I've discovered that Iget disconnected if I enter the twd arenas. Mostly, it happens after about 2 minutes.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Comment

probably lag with the packetloss... it might not be reciving data from you cuz of the amount of loss.... try proxy routing around the router giving you the most loss..
                -------------------------------------------

Washington Webteam
                     - http://crwash.org

Comment

Working...
                X