Uninstalling game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalling game

Some moron named 'Pinky' has finally run me off the game after 20 years. Started talking shit about 'curing cancer by diet' like he knows shit about the disease. It's one thing to sit there and see clueless people talking crap about politics, sports skills etc. But when people start telling others to do things which can actually harm/kill them...well I'm out. The game has been taken over by complete morons like this guy...it was a good run.
    Eph

Good bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
      Some moron named 'Pinky' has finally run me off the game after 20 years. Started talking shit about 'curing cancer by diet' like he knows shit about the disease. It's one thing to sit there and see clueless people talking crap about politics, sports skills etc. But when people start telling others to do things which can actually harm/kill them...well I'm out. The game has been taken over by complete morons like this guy...it was a good run.
      Eph
      awe sorry to see ya go even tho I don't know ya... 20 years eh wow been 15 for me now and I don't really enjoy playing anymore either... maybe staff should just get rid of pub chat and only have private and squad chat allowed.
      The Old Supah Girl XD

Comment

Come on, Eph. You came from a way more vicious time. If we had a dollar for everytime someone said a straight up lie in pub, we wouldn't need PriitK anymore. I completely understand that it is something that hits you deep, but honestly, if we didn't have people to stop the spread of misinformation, whether in pub or in real life, we are fucked.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

eph, theres another thread where we are pushing for better changes...please stay and try and push for these healthier changes. we want to put an end to these pointless excessive "triggering" discussions/statements...i would urge you to stay and participate from at least outside the game in these forums and rejoin once we have fixed this. please check the thread "we need to draw a line"

please see this post: https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...80#post1310680

and the one right after it for an example of how we need to start cleaning up.
          Last edited by trancE tunes; 10-12-2018, 02:33 AM.

Comment

For the last two decades, I rarely got sucked into trolling and mostly tried to support the community by playing Pub and helping newer players. I always felt that inane chats filled with mindless cut and paste dribble were simply part of the game. What I observed was typically a reflection of a generational IQ that depended mostly upon a 30 second Google search.

Fighting for my life for the last 4 years and having some idiot tell me that I could have avoided the medical horrors that I have endured is one thing. Not much different that some of the other comments I have had thrown at me telling me to 'go die of cancer' and the like. But what really pushed this over the line was the brainless promotion of information which could actually harm or hurt other people. It is no different than a highly depressed person logging on to play for a bit of enjoyment and having someone telling them that they should just go commit suicide.

Who the hell needs this in a game? Turban and TT are right; many people in Pub sit there all day and simply spam mindless crap. Start another arena and let them go sit in it spewing whatever trash they want if that is why they log in. The majority of people log in to play and to forget life's other crap and stresses.

A bit of good natured trash talk in a pub chat about game skills is one thing. Offering up harmful intentionally disruptive political opinions, medical advice, or death threats is another. Apparently some people do not understand that having a 'right' to say something does not mean it is 'right' to say it. There are endless political, medical, and psychological forums and other venues these folks can go to if they want to discuss these topics in depth. Throwing emotional charged verbiage bombs into a 2d space game chat serves what purpose? PriitK disallowed racial crap for a reason; he understood that while free speech was one thing nothing good would ever come from allowing racial comments. Aside from being disruptive and non-productive, it actually damages the zone. If you could solely own the zone would you be willing to assume the responsibility? How would you feel if someone killed themselves?

Can I log in for hours each day and encourage people to drink the purple Kool-Aid? I am absolutely sure that I could queue up pages of mindless 'cult' cut and paste dribble and then endlessly spam pub chat. (Keep in mind that I sit hooked to a machine that keeps me alive for 20 hours a week, so I have the time.) It is simple to dodge the ?ignore, it is simple to dodge any IP filters, it is even simple to dodge MAC address filters.

TT's idea is to have staff to make judgements calls about the tone and tenor of a chat. But this assumes that all staff has an IQ over ambient room temperature and will always be unbiased. Seems like a reach but more importantly the diffusion of responsibility in this zone precludes any one staffer from taking this kind of proactive duty. Typically if something cannot be coded and automated then asking humans to do the right thing failed in this community.

Perhaps a better idea would be to involve all players by allowing a targeted ?buy silence. A ?buy silence for a specific player that disallows pub chat, frequency chat, and private messages for a period of time. (Allow only squad chat, zone commands, and messages to staff.) In other words, let the community 'help' people figure out how to be considerate to other players and the zone.

If people knew that they could be silenced by many people if they run their mouths, I think this would cut the random BS almost completely out. More consideration would be used before typing crap and what would be typed would be more meaningful and appropriate to the game. If desired, make another arena without the ?buy silence (much like the TrashTalk in this forum) where Tower, Pinky and the other morons could run their mouths endlessly.

Eph
            Last edited by Ephemeral; 10-12-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this Eph. But as you and many of us know, we have given up on TW Staff a long time ago. Not only are they heartless creatures who only crave power for themselves, they are also extremely selfish and not willing to do anything to help the community. Their IQ is also very low as I have witnessed this many times in the past and getting rid of the pests in pub and making TW a better place for people to enjoy their free time is just not gonna happen. The players really don't care anymore also and so the community is slowly but surely falling apart.
              If staff was to reorganize and make certain people get out, then that would be a different story. But since this is never going to happen, we are stuck with idiots running pub on a daily basis, Henry getting all the credit for hosting TSL twice per day and doing nothing else but harassing people and other staffers just not being online at all and still be in charge of Trench Wars. I would've dealt with this issue a long time ago Eph, but I was too kind and helpful when I was a staffer and they plotted against me too. So you see, if you are a nice person, willing to help others and be overall an addition to this zone, then you are a moron. Especially for TW Staff.
              I hope you still stick around tho Eph because there are other aspects where these idiots don't have access too or don't engage as much as they would like to. Try TWD again, make your own chats, don't just play pub, idk, just try other aspects. And I also hope you really get better soon man!
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

"TT's idea is to have staff to make judgements calls about the tone and tenor of a chat. But this assumes that all staff has an IQ over ambient room temperature and will always be unbiased. Seems like a reach but more importantly the diffusion of responsibility in this zone precludes any one staffer from taking this kind of proactive duty. Typically if something cannot be coded and automated then asking humans to do the right thing failed in this community. "

I insist that if we cannot do the following that I have provided in examples, then we should just silence and warn, then ban, ALL political/religious/pseudo science, etc if it gets to be excessive or RUDE/HURTFUL/ETC. Everyone is mature enough to start understanding that WE ARE THE ONES IN CONTROL. This is not some hard concept. If someone isn't being decent, tell them to stop it. As Ephemeral mentioned, we are not talking about "get skills ez noob"...common sense. please.

HERE ARE THE EXAMPLES WE NEED TO FOLLOW RIGHT AWAY (if staff cant handle this--just put an end to all discussions that you know we are talking about.)

https://i.imgur.com/9Mz56mH.png

https://i.imgur.com/i6IqDDj.png

https://i.imgur.com/rnlCrfW.png

Comment

GTFO ephemeral
                  dont come back
                  Leland

Comment

Originally posted by Leland View Post
                    GTFO ephemeral
                    dont come back
                    I won't. And thank you for reinforcing my decision that this zone and community is not worth participating in. Class acts like you are the reason the zone has died. Good people have left, leaving mostly the assholes.
                    Eph

Comment

Eph I dont know you that well, but I do know that you are incredibly respected and liked by a huge majority, please dont think pub idiots are majority. I for one (but not the only one) would be sad to see you go, hit me up in game sometime and were have a chat see if I can change your mind
                      British> my 18th tomoz $$
                      Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

it's a damn shame, eph. i 100% agree with you about "the right to say something" being different than "it being right to say something". unfortunately that seems to be the big trend throughout many aspects of life these days, and it seems like pubchat is the collection point for alot of shitheads who get banned from every other platform on the internet.

i dont come around much any more but you're one of the people i keep in my thoughts. hope everything is as good as can be, dont let the jackals and goons get to ya.
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

i have also uninstalled a few days ago...not that anyone cares...but i hope staff does something fast..instead of just acting like "it's going to all die anyway"...it's pretty clear at this point they are unwilling to simply ban the 5-10 problem players..

this sucks...never thought after 17 years id just leave like this...fuck.

Comment

oh, and STONERZ4life.

Comment

420 420 420
                              Leland

Comment

Working...
                              X