Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit, Eph.

Comment

I think this is due to the nature of the game and how limited it is, particularly Public. Games in Public are very casual and not very intense. Players can also do whatever they feel like doing, and given that you can't 'upgrade' or 'level' up your spaceships, it gives the keyboard warriors plenty of time to stroke themselves silly with stupid comments. In other online games, you would get booted or banned for doing crap like this.

"What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
      • Shark
      • Dicer
      • Sager
      • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Cancer can't be cured with diet. But auto-immune diseases can be either close to cured or neutralized so much it's almost like you're completely normal again (thinking of MS, Lyme disease, a few others i can't remember). However, getting to that point of recovery from an auto-immune disease takes a lot of effort with your diet and exercise, a 360 degree change in your life style that requires you to remain vigilant the rest of your life 24 hours a day seven days a week. So it's not easy and definitely that type of unrelenting vigilance with your health is demanding.

That being said, diabetes can actually be reversed and cured with exercise if caught early and if you are young enough (ie. not 65 years old with diabetes after 10 years). If you want evidence I can provide it, but these are generally undisputed and facts by people who actually know something.

The risk factors for cancer can DEFINITELY be reduced with a healthy lifestyle and diet. And in fact colon cancer can see significant reduction in occurring if you have regular bowel movements, as opposed to a childhood of constipation without any cleanses and lack of dietary fiber. If this is what you are disputing and quitting over? then I'm sorry but you are retarded. As for the statement cancer can be outright cured with diet, not likely, very implausible (99% not likely which is statistically significant!), though i won't say 100% impossible, as a qualified scientist likely would never make such definitive statements either.

Comment

As the minority player (female) I've found zero support from this game in any form since I started in 2001. Every single male player in this game has used hate words against me. I've been excluded, over the years, from the majority of the aspects of this game simply for being female. There are handfuls of trolls who for years create aliases just to harass. If I try to talk back or stand up for myself I get shut down by staff and any troll who is sitting around. if i try to play in duel arenas i am immediately hunted into spec. The only people who were not gender biased were the people from my squad, the best squad ever, Sage.

And I'm still here.
          RIP Eph, so much for "never giving up"
          Last edited by A fem bot; 10-21-2018, 10:52 AM.
          Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
          Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

warbit> FreeSpirit is truly my spirit animal.

Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

Comment

Originally posted by A fem bot View Post
            As the minority player (female) I've found zero support from this game in any form since I started in 2001. Every single male player in this game has used hate words against me. I've been excluded, over the years, from the majority of the aspects of this game simply for being female. There are handfuls of trolls who for years create aliases just to harass. If I try to talk back or stand up for myself I get shut down by staff and any troll who is sitting around. if i try to play in duel arenas i am immediately hunted into spec. The only people who were not gender biased were the people from my squad, the best squad ever, Sage.

And I'm still here.
            RIP Eph, so much for "never giving up"
            It happens to every real female on here... BUT I didn't start off continuum with Kinky-Girl <--- yes that's just asking for it hahaha but I ran with it I may have 20 haters but I have more friends then haters on here. (I Hope) bc, I was nice to most of them to the ones who didn't start shit with me it's never Hey how are you? anymore it's DO THIS FOR ME OR ILL BE AN ASSHOLE TO YOU FOREVER! lol.... oh well
            The Old Supah Girl XD

Comment

Yeah if you think about why speech is "moderated" in the real world, specifically talking about hate speech (especially outside of the USA), it's because hate speech can create a culture of fear and violence... as in something that permeates through society as a whole creating systemic and structural inequalities. Certain groups in the USA have this belief that people should just stop the violence when it happens and leave the speech alone, but the real cause of the violence is the speech so that makes little sense.... it would be like treating a symptom. And certain groups in the USA posit the question differently.. like speech is free, and then why should it be moderated? But in most of the world the question is framed as not all speech should be free, and this is what we should watch for because it's dangerous to peace. That being said there is a culture in subspace of inherent sexism, racism, and even rape in some corners. This would have negative effects on any woman playing here even if it's a 2D game and they have "thick" skin.

It's interesting you bring up gender bias, in a way denying someone can be a female, and putting doubt in people's minds though morally reprehensible in other aspects (ie denying your existence as a female) is actually something that serves to break that divide between female/male and restore you to a general norm within the game. basically subspace is too toxic to change, so the only way to play as a woman is not let anyone know you are one. i guess it's a defeatist approach... but i think this might be one of the reasons i like saying we have no real way of knowing if someone is truly a woman (aside from the fact that that is also entirely true, there is a lot of doubt about who people are 1000's of miles away).
              Last edited by Falconeer; 10-21-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                only way to play as a woman is not let anyone know you are one
                Uh, this is not the 1800's and women are allowed to read and write!!
                Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
                Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

warbit> FreeSpirit is truly my spirit animal.

Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

Comment

I am friends with T0ne and we used to skype chat alot... I was on Teamspeak before and spoke so.... it's also funny how I am a way better player than most guys who play this... they get so mad!
                  The Old Supah Girl XD

Comment

Uh, this is not the 1800's and women are allowed to read and write!!
                    yeah i agree, but i meant the culture of sexism is so bad the only way to play as a woman without being harassed is to deny you are one... (obviously this shouldn't have to be the case)..

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                      ... If this is what you are disputing and quitting over? then I'm sorry but you are retarded...
                      When a person has had 11 operations, lost 3 major organs, had over 800 medical procedures in 4 years, and suffered through 5 years of shear medical torture they have little tolerance for some moron telling them they could have avoided this by "eating right". I now deal with being stuck by two #15 needles every other day as I am kept alive and hooked to a machine for 20 hours a week for the rest of my life. For the record, I know what gave me cancer, it was an exposure to aniline dye as I worked my way through college at a second shift factory job in a textile mill. And when challenged, the moron cut and pastes a 30 second Google search as "evidence".

This epitomizes the mentality of a lot of the TW Pub players, "gee look at me, I can search Google". If you had successfully climbed Mt. Everest, I am sure that some idiot in Pub would tell you how you did it wrong based upon their instant Google education. Breaking news...sit down and shut up when you are talking to someone who has actual life experience in something and you do not. Being able to do an online search does not make you smart OR wise.

That said, I played as a form of escape from 'real life' but that escape no longer works with the level of Google intelligence in Pub. The common ground all of us had was that we enjoyed this game, it is a shame that this has been ruined by the ever growing percentage of mouth-running dicks in Pub. Clearly the game is in its final death spiral which could have at least been slowed with a bit of staff effort that enforced some player consideration.

...Every single male player in this game has used hate words against me...
                      A fem bot... I am a male and in 20+ years of playing never said a single hate word to any female player.
                      Eph
                      Last edited by Ephemeral; 10-24-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Sorry to see you go, Eph. Hopefully you will still get to have a good life considering what you posted earlier.
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

pinky known retard
                          WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

I cited a Duke Medical study for supporting the thoughts I was discussing. I was repeatedly insulted and harassed for that by Ephemeral, who wouldn't even acknowledge the study I was linking to.

Too bad you couldn't have been civilized?

Comment

I hope you won't really leave us Eph. 20 years is too long to be thrown away like that.
                              And most of the TW community has supported you during your fight and are still supporting you.
                              Unfortunately we will always have morons on this world who try to put others down to make themselves feel better. The lack of empathy people have these days is one of the biggest problems in this world.
                              And when they eventually face this disease themselves I can only hope they're as strong as you have been over the last few years.
                              I also agree staff should take action against trolls that are just trying to harm the community and this is something we're currently discussing. Unfortunately it's pretty much a grey area and whatever staff does, there'll always be a new forum thread trying to fuel the fire.
                              TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
                              4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
                              4:vys> know it for sure
                              4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                              3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                              3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

Zazu you have the biggest ego of anyone on this game, causing you to cheat just like the rest of the lowlifes here. This guy is so scared of me in game he's like IxaDor. No offense to him but they all hide from me. I know, seeing someone do 5x more in half the time is crippling for your self-worth, but doesn't cheating just drive your self-worth into the ground?

You can't taunt, annoy, pester, and cheat someone to a snapping point then claim they don't have empathy. That's just not how it works. Chat has been a problem for a long time but people didn't care because they were a part of the majority. Now the same people talk about empathy - classic. I apologize for my wrong words at a terrible time, but where is the apology for every time someone cheated or hunted or insulted me? If anything I should've doubled down on what I said, apologizing just shows weakness. And we all know life is about appearances and satisfying that FAT ego, right? Nobody here gives a damn about empathy let's agree on one thing.

Fuck you Zazu, egotistical trash with nothing to show for it.
                                Last edited by Dierienow; 10-26-2018, 04:13 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X