No announcement yet.

Since salami was stupid enough to hire me back on staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vys your explanation of my axing related it to me trumping charges up is preposterous. It was an easily fixed honest mistake I made because I had not taken a call in 4 months. Just a brain fart that didn't deserve this ridiculous response from henry shithead. I do hate henry. I have a reason to. He is some noob staffer who came in , and has zero leadership abilities. He acts with no heart and does stupid stuff after greenlighting with 2 to 3 "specials" he believes speak for the rest of the entire game. After the way he repeatedly wasted my time and comes in after i'm staff since 2007 and axes me for standing up to transphobic trolls tells me a lot about this idiot. He went rogue and did not follow staff rules and axed me over non staff related things the first time and a simple mistake the 2nd time. Its pathetic. I find you to be complete shit yourself vys. You did a lot of shady crap yourself in this game but somehow its fine when its you. Ixt zh takes my calls with cursing saying wtf is wrong with you. He is still staff.. Its a double standard and its a real shame. Toxic toxic environment. Look at the poster of this fucking thread. Any decent moderator would remove that user immediately. What ever.. you all suck... not to say their have not been decent staff and a few on now are too but you guys.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

The leagues are terrible though. Every season there's at least one controversy that could have been easily avoided with clearer rules or recorded matches. The people that find those antics entertaining are the ones still around.. anyone who valued fair competition or even just playing for a league they signed up for is long gone.

RIP Trench Wars, died a completely natural death. This game is toast once Diablo mobile comes out.
      sigpic

Comment

My opinion most likely carries no weight these days, however I do feel like certain players who were given staff roles in recent years should have been cut ages ago for severe lack of professionalism.

Unfortunately the hard fact is that there are only a limited amount of active players within our community who have the right kind of personality (and other various qualities) to become an exemplary moderator or any higher position, and due to this fact we end up filling the void with controversial characters none of whom are kept on a short leash.

Being a member of staff is a thankless voluntary job, so it is hard to expect much either way. I appreciate all the work done behind the scenes, and hopefully the community sticks together for many years to come.

Comment

Day 152 without playing tw...jk been two weeks and I still miss playing boo.. ..... but I did go out on Halloween! Well I went outside for 2 secs got in a car then went back inside where its warm to drink! anyone else do anything or just play tw all night... hahahaahah... why wont it let me attach pictures in here....
          The Old Supah Girl XD

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky-Girl View Post
            .. ..... but I did go out on Halloween!
            water u waring

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post

water u waring
              I was a black cat. Purrrrr
              The Old Supah Girl XD

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky-Girl View Post

I was a black cat. Purrrrr
                Sexay
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Dierienow, you've totally missed my point. Staff are working their ass' off to keep this game going by running leagues, updating bots, sharing up coming events via social media and emails. But we are just maintaining the current player base which unfortunately has been declining over the past decade.

The history to the game is great and like Zidane said, it's amazing to even last this long. If the staff didn't show interest and then this zone would be with the rest of the other zones that have died over the years.

Kids just don't have interest in this game play anymore. I shown my 9 year old step son this game, he entered warbird and struggled to even control the ship. The learning curve for this game takes time. Players like you, whom I'd catagorise as "free kill" will smash to bits any knee player who downloaded this game: which we don't have. It's all good making a video guys, but who's going to watch it. When a new player logs in and downloads the game, they quit within the first 10 minites.

When we all started playing this game, there wasn't much else on the market. Now we have mobile games, Xbox, PS4, WoW, LoL, online gaming on games console with 4K graphics. You give little Billy the choice of being a warbird god like vys on a 2d spaceship or an Xbox X with 4k graphics so that he can try to play like the guy with blue hair off YouTube, what do you think he will choose.

Now, some changes could be made currently in game.

Combining all zones into one zone and running leagues that don't overlap each other.

Pro league runs, twdt league runs, eg league runs, pro league runs etc...

Change the public map, so it's not the first entry. It's not a coincidence that basing league was the first league to die out. It's because it's garbage.

We also need to more items in the shop for Jessup. ?buy tissues etc.. but obviously not Kleenex as they sell Man-size tissues and it would be politically in correct to advertise tissues based on 1 gender.... Jessup chill the fuck out and ?ignore anyone who annoys or offends you...?nopubchat in auto would be the quicker option
                  Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Man-size tissues lol even the warbird god isn't above such base comments. Let's face it, people are way too concerned about what other people are doing.. women aren't even 100 years with the right to vote. Black people couldn't even be truly, legally free until like 50 years ago. Now we have LGBTQ, autistic, and other rights to work on. Because it's such an important concept to this game and life in general, let me explain exactly how the above things happen.

What happens, very exactly, is this. We are all individuals with our own values, goals, etc. Some people value equality, fairness, and doing the right thing. Others value money, accomplishment, recognition, etc. These aren't the only things you can value in the only combination, just examples. The people who value money, accomplishment, and recognition aren't good people but they're usually powerful because they're the most driven by their values down this path. These people reach positions of power where they meet other people who value the same things and they decide, since they're probably quite savvy, that they could cooperate with other similar people and accumulate even more power. These people almost always want to maintain the status quo because the status quo is quite rewarding for them. It's not a question of whether the people in power are aware of the failings of the system they are in control of or not, because one of the main tactics at power's disposal is FUD and deception. Take the corrupt official to the $15 million park bench, to the polluted river, whatever, and they will refuse to go or create some lie to explain it all. People don't expect someone to lie or deceive in such a way, we want to believe it's an honest mistake or even that they're incompetent. We put ourselves in the soul of this person and rightfully determine that it is a very dark place and we choose to believe something else. But the person in power doesn't care what others think or do, to an extent, because they'll just lie, divert, or threaten their way out of anything. They're not operating on any rules besides preservation of the self and power, and they easily convince people who operate on different principles. Is it any surprise that the physically weaker sex couldn't vote until much later? Is it any surprise that minorities are less able to express their fair rights? It should be no surprise to anyone, power is almost always taken by force (another surprise - people don't usually give up power willingly! Because that's what /power/ allows you to do!) and women and minorities would be some of the least able to acquire that power, physically. You don't gain power by "proving someone wrong" usually and if you did try to speak truth to power, they have no obligation to speak the truth back - they have the power after all.

So how does this relate to the topic of hand? First of all you're exactly the type of person I'm describing. You don't give a fuck about this game and what it would take to make it better, in fact you're certain that it's in the irreversible process of dying, perhaps because you put far too much importance in the opinions of 9 year olds. Nothing will change your mind because your mind wasn't up for changing, your mind is up for whatever makes you feel important, powerful, capable, etc. Luckily there's no need to prove that you are corrupt, that you only care for your group, or some other nearly unprovable claim (I say nearly because there was that screenshot of chat that showed how concerned you are about optics, that's pretty much grounds for firing imo because someone who cared about the game wouldn't give an ounce of a fuck about ''optics'') - the only necessary requirement being that the system you are in charge of is failing/dying. And I don't take it as a given that this game is dead precisely because I don't trust staff to run this game properly. I've experienced the cliques on this game personally, I've seen in real time players trying to cheat competitive games because they're not recorded and the rules are terrible, I've seen people cheating/manipulating lag, etc. fucking etc. Telling me the game "is dead" isn't going to go over well, you see, because in my opinion what has even been done to make it run properly? Did we punish cheaters? Did we give everyone who signed up for matches an opportunity to play? What measures were taken in these very recent and very improvable situations? See how I don't have to do anything but point out flaws in leadership to show that the leadership should change? When it comes to leading, there is no other metric but the result. Thank you.
                    sigpic

Comment

What will save the game?

What will bring in new talent?

What will bring back old players who quit?

Staff have and will always try to help the game and bring players in or old players back.

Just look at over zones which have died out. They had poor leadership. Here in TW it's the opposite. Speak to the players which came over here once their zone died. We're more organised and structured than past zones.

We continue to try and implement leagues into the game, which players seem to find fault with. This isn't a paid job and many staff do this for the love of the game. But we cannot make miracles in bringing players from nowhere. We've tried many times with Steam, but unfortunately there's other games out there which are easier to learn than this one. After first steam launch, we had 100s enter the game. I wonder how many stayed? The skill set from the current popukation and who ever comes in is astronomical and always will be.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                        What will save the game?

What will bring in new talent?

What will bring back old players who quit?

Staff have and will always try to help the game and bring players in or old players back.

Just look at over zones which have died out. They had poor leadership. Here in TW it's the opposite. Speak to the players which came over here once their zone died. We're more organised and structured than past zones.

We continue to try and implement leagues into the game, which players seem to find fault with. This isn't a paid job and many staff do this for the love of the game. But we cannot make miracles in bringing players from nowhere. We've tried many times with Steam, but unfortunately there's other games out there which are easier to learn than this one. After first steam launch, we had 100s enter the game. I wonder how many stayed? The skill set from the current popukation and who ever comes in is astronomical and always will be.

​​​​​​
                        You are a moron if you believe all that you said in this and all previous posts. But we already know that, don't we mr. Vyskers?
                        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I agree with Dierienow about how a corrupt power structure system comes to be. Staff had issues for years but it has devolved to a new low now. Thank you for pointing out Vys so casually interjected bigoted phrasing towards me. This type mentality within staff is at least one reason many vets have quit the game that vys just showed so openly and without a second thought. It's quite sad. Remember this is a guy who was caught cheating years ago manipulating his lag and was banned from zones as a result and is now somehow one of two TWD mods left on staff in Trench Wars.

Vys says "
                          " ..

yet he has been doing nothing in this regard. He openly makes bigoted comments like the one above and supports a non intervention policy from staff when it comes to hate speech and excessive trolling. He thinks putting the responsibility to resolve trolls on the player being harassed and targeted is an acceptable stance for staffing policy. Telling players to do ?ignore or do ?nopubchat is his pathetic answer. Ya that's it.. totally disassociate players who get trolled and hate thrown at them in excessive ways by telling them to lose their chat functions. How short sighted a response. This is the quality of staffing we have now.

Vys says "
                          Just look at over(I'll assume he meant OTHER in place of over) zones which have died out. They had poor leadership. Here in TW it's the opposite. Speak to the players which came over here once their zone died. We're more organised (organized is spelling dude) and structured than past zones." .....

ummm We have a sysop in Henry Saari who transferred from DSB who is now in charge of Trench Wars. Henry I've heard from multiple people was not a good leader for DSB and a big reason it was so boring and failed. He is the epitome of inaction or any actions he does do shoots himself and the zone in its foot.

Vys says "We continue to try and implement leagues into the game, which players seem to find fault with. This isn't a paid job and many staff do this for the love of the game. But we cannot make miracles in bringing players from nowhere. We've tried many times with Steam, but unfortunately there's other games out there which are easier to learn than this one. After first steam launch, we had 100s enter the game. I wonder how many stayed? The skill set from the current popukation and who ever comes in is astronomical and always will be." ??

This guy Vys is one of the "stick together guys" who was/is always on a stacked squad and has been like this in leagues for years. He never goes out on a limb to start a squad that is inclusive to newer players because to him winning as much as possible and being thought of as some great player is more important than the health of the actual game and leagues he seems to be so proud of implementing. He along with others is why leagues have had a steady downfall.

Staff is out of touch and very manipulative to maintain the status quo of suckyness. We have qan who is completely out of touch when it comes to the actual dynamics of gameplay in leagues (HE does not play them EVER and as a result misses the main issues of the inter dynamics of what has been going on and instead relies on second hand input from a small manipulative crowd surrounding him to base his opinions on which is just a terrible way to do things) qan to his credit does keep active with little bot updates here and there and is not a bad staffer except when it comes to league decisions. Then we also have Henry who is this quiet shadow figure (anyone ever even talk to this guy in real life before?) Henry is not openly social at all... it is so obvious he is holding his cards close to his chest to maintain his position to a point of complete inaction and a furthering downfall of the game. His ideas are terrible and his decision making is beyond pathetic.

As far is steam goes.. I was the top call taker for new players. I spent hours and hours that entire time helping new players. I also laid out a plan in great detail to make it as user friendly as possible on the launch but my ideas were completely ignored. Turban tried but failed to finish our new player tutorial which was so close to being done but it was never finished or added to game. Instead we had the confusing objons and !tutorial commands with no easy user interface to actually get them to learn a damn thing before entering the game. Staff also made a huge giant blunder implementing one giant pub that became a spawn fest/ mass exploding bomb mess. The gameplay dynamics as a result were completely ruined for the Steam launch. It was a pathetic attempt that was blundered by high staff and terrible decision making for all those involved. Kane deserves great credit getting us on Steam but his efforts were ruined by those in charge of pub settings. I warned about this issue months and weeks before steams release multiple times in multiple threads before the steam release that we needed smaller arenas and more user friendly tutorials only to be ignored. It was an upper staff failing of the greatest proportions.

So spare me with this undue praise for staff . I've seen failure after failure and it's gotten to stage PATHETIC now. Henry needs a another counter staffer with same power as himself to stop this douchery he has become too comfortable with. Do it NOW or this game has zero chance.
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Can't one of you idiots just hack the system and make it better? Lol I'm kidding ....
                            The Old Supah Girl XD

Comment

If the game is dead and has no new players we should just disable new account creation and ban the cheaters/chat trolls. Or make the account creation process more involved somehow so that you need an actual email to register, new accounts need to be authorized, or something.
                              sigpic

Comment

We are limited to what we can do because there's no active billing and priitk owns the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X