No announcement yet.

TRENCH WARS ELECTIONS 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no "in my place", Jessup. If you wanna do this yourself, first make your own thread and second, get the people to actually support you. You can't appoint yourself head of the elections and become staff. You aren't really smart in this regard.
    Also, just because you are being such a pushy dick, I'm back in the race. Won't have much time until next year, but hey, anything to help the zone and to vs. you.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Lists of people, more arbitrary deciding of who gets power and who doesn't. Lets me know that none of you are ready to be leaders or have powers.

Example, when I got a sysop to alias check Tantalus, various staff from various zones disapproved. Their argument is why I should have access to an alias check. But the same question can be posed back to them. Most people with SMOD and SYSOP positions actually have no coding talent and sit in spec all day wasting their access, instead someone arbitrarily decided they were "trustworthy" (due to ass kissing and the fact that they were quiet about views/didn't contradict much)... and gave them powers. Anyone can do this, i could have gotten sysop in all the zones 10 years ago, it's not hard to make people like you. The point is i'm opposed to this type of decision making based on favoritism. I should be able to talk shit and still get staff, because they are mutually exclusive, trolling or text does not decide if you would abuse powers. Nor, does text amount to deciding who can best help the zone. People say well, we can't trust you. If trust was about knowing if you can trust someone, it would be called Knowing, and not trust. Trust is exactly when you are unsure. And if you are basing pixel text as part of "evidence" for why someone is "good" or "bad" then you are moron. Some asshole no one agreed to except the previous asshole has alias check powers and can access all our IPS. So why is that okay? I never agreed once that Henry Saari can have my IP address, or QAN. Why is it okay for these assholes to have that ability and not me who played the game 20 years and helped countless zones, actually made maps and graphics, trained and helped 200+ new players, made discord bots and brought people to the discord etc. It's not me because 1 asshole in charge decided it's not me, that's the only real reason i shouldn't "use" alias check. The double standard is fucking abhorrent. Why do these people with no coding skills, who hold up development for 10 years, have any sort of power? I gave Henry Saari an F1 list to upload in 2015 and he still never uploaded it. Why do we want someone like that in staff when they can't even update an F1 list?

These mother fuckers aren't even on an AS3 server yet, and why? because they are afraid to ditch Priitk, who made sure we need him, but he's never around. Where is he? If he's not here then we don't need him, he's actually hurting us. Switch the fucking server, take the files you have, and make your own biller, you dumb assholes. The game is dying because of your incompetence. And that's the truth. Not trolls, not anything else.

A good staffer would take the interest of anyone willing to help and promote them to staff. That's how you grow the zone. Fuck your cowardice and fear. Back shit up, get off your ass, if someone fucks around, you ban them, reload the back up, and problem solved in 10 minutes. What's the big fucking problem here? If they don't fuck around you just got yourself valuable help, and found someone you know you can trust... you know, by actually trusting to begin with. Idiots.

This is why i don't make lists. Recruit anyone who wants to help or fuck you.

Lists of people = clubhouse mentality. Can we get people in power who don't have biases?

Whats funny is tainted ass thinks i did this to alias check him, but i did this to shit all over what's left of SSC and attack their ideas, as well as to piss off tm_master. went over tainted ass head what i do.

P.S Qan you're the only coder left, i suggest you actually code something. make TW self sufficient, argyle is actually an active server host, i can reach this guy on gmail chat EVERY SINGLE DAY. Way better host than Priitk, and not involved in subspace politics. Jowie is basically the same. Switch to AS3, who cares if you lose some ?arena that nobody even knows exists? Priitk will have all the backups when he decides to get off his ass and come back. If ever. You're wasting time instead of coding, for that matter you could help DSB out, and save multiple zones. And make a go fund me if you need financial motivation to spend time coding, i would donate $50.(only because it's christmas and i already spent my budget, but i would donate $120 next year). Maybe it's peanut money but you're doing all this shit for free, getting donations from the community will help.
      Last edited by Falconeer; 11-14-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I don't know who you are Falco, but I do agree on most of what you wrote. I myself was involed in many projects with staff back in the days, made maps, ran leagues, help host stuff etc etc. And then Henry comes along and just fucks me over for 1 minor thing I did which literally didn't effect anything (I specced someone in wbduel for fun per people's request). That's how you know people are incompetent and we want to remove Henry from such powers.
        Furthermore, I'm not trying to be a 1-man leader and savior of Trench Wars. That would be dumb. But I do have the will and vision to move us forward, if only by a few steps. Updated F1 you say? I'd upload that within the next hour. Making pub changes? Done. Making relevant league changes for vets and newbs alike? Check. Helping people out in pub and having a good time with them as a staffer? Yep, can do that. Besides all this, I already contacted qan and make clear that I just want Henry relieved of his Godlike powers and that I would love to work with him (qan) and try to get some people involved more under my "leadership" (Biet, Wirah, maybe some new faces who would actually devote their time to make some changes in the game like Skyforger or Bosshawk etc).
        As for Jessup and the list, don't even go there. Jessup was always the kind of person that when in control of stuff she abused it to the extend that people removed her immediately. I'm actually really thinking of removing Jess from TW alltogether, or if not, at least remove her from playing in TWD. Because what she does there is just toxic and bores the people out of their minds.
        Also, if you've read my official post, I got visions in other department as well. And I'm willing to listen to players and acknowledge their wishes if they help the zone out in any way.

To conclude, I know I wouldn't be perfect for the Dean position, but I do know that I'd contribute 300% more in the next 2-3 months than what Henry & co. did in the past few years. And if that's not something to think about and give me a try, then I really don't know what is.

PS. Donations would be more than welcome. I'd even be willing to go through all the options of finally changing TW to a AS3 server and finally get rid of Priitk and be able to make modifications to this beautiful zone. Heck, with some new stuff implemented might even get some new/old ppl back. Who knows. But let's try it. And that's why I'm here. Cuz I'm done watching the zone fail because 2-3 people in charge decided that it should slowly die. No more!

Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I support the new world you are setting course for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Rudy View Post
            I support the new world you are setting course for.
            Thank you kind Sir.
            Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
              I don't know who you are Falco, but I do agree on most of what you wrote. I myself was involed in many projects with staff back in the days, made maps, ran leagues, help host stuff etc etc. And then Henry comes along and just fucks me over for 1 minor thing I did which literally didn't effect anything (I specced someone in wbduel for fun per people's request). That's how you know people are incompetent and we want to remove Henry from such powers.
              Furthermore, I'm not trying to be a 1-man leader and savior of Trench Wars. That would be dumb. But I do have the will and vision to move us forward, if only by a few steps. Updated F1 you say? I'd upload that within the next hour. Making pub changes? Done. Making relevant league changes for vets and newbs alike? Check. Helping people out in pub and having a good time with them as a staffer? Yep, can do that. Besides all this, I already contacted qan and make clear that I just want Henry relieved of his Godlike powers and that I would love to work with him (qan) and try to get some people involved more under my "leadership" (Biet, Wirah, maybe some new faces who would actually devote their time to make some changes in the game like Skyforger or Bosshawk etc).
              As for Jessup and the list, don't even go there. Jessup was always the kind of person that when in control of stuff she abused it to the extend that people removed her immediately. I'm actually really thinking of removing Jess from TW alltogether, or if not, at least remove her from playing in TWD. Because what she does there is just toxic and bores the people out of their minds.
              Also, if you've read my official post, I got visions in other department as well. And I'm willing to listen to players and acknowledge their wishes if they help the zone out in any way.

To conclude, I know I wouldn't be perfect for the Dean position, but I do know that I'd contribute 300% more in the next 2-3 months than what Henry & co. did in the past few years. And if that's not something to think about and give me a try, then I really don't know what is.

PS. Donations would be more than welcome. I'd even be willing to go through all the options of finally changing TW to a AS3 server and finally get rid of Priitk and be able to make modifications to this beautiful zone. Heck, with some new stuff implemented might even get some new/old ppl back. Who knows. But let's try it. And that's why I'm here. Cuz I'm done watching the zone fail because 2-3 people in charge decided that it should slowly die. No more!
              That's where we differ, I wouldn't remove Henry, what I want changed is the double standard that people with coding skills don't have access to do things. This is part of why I like qan as sysop at least, because he can actually code. That being said, Henry is not altogether useless, it's just the idea that no one else can have access but this guy without coding skills does. Henry is a cautious person, he protects zones from abuse and from attacks, and he's fairly active online. So all of this is fine to have, but he needs to be balanced out with another active Smod or two.

You can't just spec players, not even for fun. Like if that player didn't consent to being specced then it's a problem because you are basically becoming a group enforcer against a player who never broke rules to be specced? or were they afk? Anyway, I would have just talked to you and said not to do it. I'm also pretty sure the mod policies/rules cover randomly speccing people, so Henry was just following the rules you agreed to when you became a mod. He wasn't making up his own policy on the spot just to target you.

Funny though i was randomly specced twice, and put on a separate frequency and nobody did anything.

I just want staff to move to AS3, if that requires having a new biller then so be it, contact the other zones and get it underway, find the responsible people for the biller and start actually doing things that would benefit us in the long term. With AS3 we could have had all these advanced moderation options that are way better than authoritarian rules. I want staff to accept help from people, back things up, and stop basing their choices on baseless fears. You make people your friends and supporters by trusting them, if they mess up then you *actually* know 100% without a doubt that they can't be trusted. Everyone makes mistakes and second chances are possible in certain situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

That's where we differ, I wouldn't remove Henry, what I want changed is the double standard that people with coding skills don't have access to do things. This is part of why I like qan as sysop at least, because he can actually code. That being said, Henry is not altogether useless, it's just the idea that no one else can have access but this guy without coding skills does. Henry is a cautious person, he protects zones from abuse and from attacks, and he's fairly active online. So all of this is fine to have, but he needs to be balanced out with another active Smod or two.

You can't just spec players, not even for fun. Like if that player didn't consent to being specced then it's a problem because you are basically becoming a group enforcer against a player who never broke rules to be specced? or were they afk? Anyway, I would have just talked to you and said not to do it. I'm also pretty sure the mod policies/rules cover randomly speccing people, so Henry was just following the rules you agreed to when you became a mod. He wasn't making up his own policy on the spot just to target you.

Funny though i was randomly specced twice, and put on a separate frequency and nobody did anything.

I just want staff to move to AS3, if that requires having a new biller then so be it, contact the other zones and get it underway, find the responsible people for the biller and start actually doing things that would benefit us in the long term. With AS3 we could have had all these advanced moderation options that are way better than authoritarian rules. I want staff to accept help from people, back things up, and stop basing their choices on baseless fears. You make people your friends and supporters by trusting them, if they mess up then you *actually* know 100% without a doubt that they can't be trusted. Everyone makes mistakes and second chances are possible in certain situations.
                You have no idea what Henry is capable of doing, man. And just to clarify it: no, he didn't use any rules or common sense, just removed me from staff. Period. Common sense that!

And another thing: Henry and Jessup actually did target me, mostly because I'm smart, have ideas and am not a complete idiot. I mean, just look at the TW Staff we have right now. Among 20 or so there's only like 2-3 nice people, with 2 of them being afk most of the time. See any pattern there?
                Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I guess you don't know me, but I come from DSB. Henry Saari aka Beer Hunter, has been Smod there for 10+ years as league coordinator.. and for 5+ years as a SYSOP. Arguably he's not well loved by everyone, and is seen as obstructing development by a lot of people. Honestly, i don't think this is out of malice, he's actually trying to protect the zone... I don't always agree with his caution (especially concerning me) but I'm not a tyrant seeking to remove people who want to help. That literally means i'm NOT just trying to make my own clubhouse filled with people I like... Do i think henry should be the only one in charge? no, no one should be, everyone is prone to becoming a tyrant or letting power get to their heads... that's why I say it's best if henry was balanced out with another person of equal position as him... to mellow out his caution sometimes.

Speccing people who aren't breaking rules on a whim with no warning is basically moderator abuse, but it's a very small abuse, and removing you from staff was an extreme overreaction if that was the only reason behind it... and especially without even talking to you first.

As for ideas, I mean it's good to have ideas... as long as they are put to a vote and implemented based on what a majority of people want. Even if you are 100% correct and right, and in the end your idea would benefit everyone... i think its better to convince the public or not do the idea imo. Or you risk just running the zone like it's yours... which i don't really i agree with. I have lots of good ideas, but DSB isn't my zone (though technically with an empty zone and near zero population i could get away with changing anything if it brings people back)... but supposing DSB had players, i wouldn't just implement what i think is best without 80%+ people agreeing. Not even 50%, i want 80% otherwise it causes conflict and you upset half the zone population which is a very big deal.

Anyway, these are my thoughts, if I ran things I'd delegate people to where they can help the most/based on what they would like to do, pretty much similar to how i run my squads. I've never ever kicked anyone in any of my squads... partly because I recruit good people. If people have a problem with someone else they can just work through it or quit staff imo. Not willing to work with others, like that mentality if you don't kick this guy from staff you lose me as staff, is basically blackmail, but also just being selfish/an asshole and it makes me happy you quit because you're not suited to a staff position.

Comment

i wud like 2 put in me nomination as Supreme Overlord

i vow 2 do da followin once me reign of gr8ness begins:
                    - 0 moderation...grow sum thick skin u fgts
                    - use remaining donation money 2 hire lawyer n sue 24 for stealin donation money
                    - AI boss bots 4 ppl 2 vs 24/7 like raids
                    - change name of game 2 "water u waring"
                    - 4 da rest u will haf 2 hire me 2 c suk me dik
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

qan should stay as sysop, and we should also have jessup, poid and paky dude. no one else is really sticking out to me on that list jessup made...if zazu is staff he should be let go immediately why on earth are you nominating him as a sysop? he is a fuckin troll as well

..i just know that qan, jessup poid and paky dude have literally never showed me any negative emotion or trolling etc in the 17 years that i have played ss...they seem decent simply because of this (pretty low bar in TW/continuum). some of the other players on jessups list are unforunately in my memories as saying explicitly racist things in chats i've been in, PM, or in public chat. not vague or beating around the bush...just straight up saying racist language...so, no.

i don't know enough about some of the others, though..(skyforger, kira, ogron?)...might be decent, but no...

as much as i dont think like qan as a person in real life..i dont think hes necessarily a bad sysop for this game...im going to go ahead and say he is good for this game as a sysop because he doesn't act like a fucking idiot when he's signed on, and as falconeer pointed out hes apparently the only one that actually does coding...its only on the forums he acts like a dense person with no common sense with the fuckin moderating excessive hate on this game like it used to be i guess...in the end i still trust people like qan to make the judgement...i just wish something could have been done sooner with that whole ordeal..

maybe jessup paky dude and poid will be different but even if not i think they would be good picks and a good balance...

qan. jessup. poid. paky dude. thats it. 4 sysops i support to carry tw from here..

there is no way wiibimbo should be in charge of anything with TW. not that she has ever necessarily done anything bad towards ME..but i see who she is ok with in this game and some of her horrible suggestions for staff hirings, and that says enough.

edit: why is spacehiker not a sysop? i assume he was offered and turned it down?
                      Last edited by trancE tunes; 11-19-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trancE tunes View Post
                        qan should stay as sysop, and we should also have jessup, poid and paky dude. no one else is really sticking out to me on that list jessup made...if zazu is staff he should be let go immediately why on earth are you nominating him as a sysop? he is a fuckin troll as well

..i just know that qan, jessup poid and paky dude have literally never showed me any negative emotion or trolling etc in the 17 years that i have played ss...they seem decent simply because of this (pretty low bar in TW/continuum). some of the other players on jessups list are unforunately in my memories as saying explicitly racist things in chats i've been in, PM, or in public chat. not vague or beating around the bush...just straight up saying racist language...so, no.

i don't know enough about some of the others, though..(skyforger, kira, ogron?)...might be decent, but no...

as much as i dont think like qan as a person in real life..i dont think hes necessarily a bad sysop for this game...im going to go ahead and say he is good for this game as a sysop because he doesn't act like a fucking idiot when he's signed on, and as falconeer pointed out hes apparently the only one that actually does coding...its only on the forums he acts like a dense person with no common sense with the fuckin moderating excessive hate on this game like it used to be i guess...in the end i still trust people like qan to make the judgement...i just wish something could have been done sooner with that whole ordeal..

maybe jessup paky dude and poid will be different but even if not i think they would be good picks and a good balance...

qan. jessup. poid. paky dude. thats it. 4 sysops i support to carry tw from here..

there is no way wiibimbo should be in charge of anything with TW. not that she has ever necessarily done anything bad towards ME..but i see who she is ok with in this game and some of her horrible suggestions for staff hirings, and that says enough.

edit: why is spacehiker not a sysop? i assume he was offered and turned it down?
                        Xcuse me but I'm not the one that changed his gender. Get your facts straight boy!
                        Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

what part are you talking about? you just quoted the entire message...

are you a guy? if so mb, always just thought you were a girl...could've sworn burzum said that once...

edit: someone just informed me what you were referring to...and so? whatever? tf is wrong with you?
                          Last edited by trancE tunes; 11-21-2018, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post

TL;DR - so you power abused and got demoted.

Now you want Sysop, a position that has banning capabilities. Seems logical.

Comment

As for Jessup and the list, don't ever go there. Jessup was always a kind person who when put in control of stuff did a great job. She was abused though to the extent that Henry removed her immediately over bs like jbinc crying over some 7/11 King street meetup or one simple mistake after 1000's of proper calls she took. I'm actually really thinking of rehiring Jess from playerbase to TW staff so staff can improve all together, or if not, at least give high remarks about her awesome play style and stats playing in TWD. Because what she does there is just amazing ..leading Paladen and being a major factor in TWD activity for over a decade....in spite of the toxic trolls who attack her constantly which bores the people out of their minds.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Yo, you are proud to have POID of all the fucking useless douchebags on your mod team? That guy has been a cockhungry faggot for over 15 years.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X