Improve Quality of Life (IQoL) #5 - Pub Spam and Shenanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve Quality of Life (IQoL) #5 - Pub Spam and Shenanigans

Mission Statement: I am a firm believer that if you could improve the quality of life of any organization, no matter how major or minor, inevitably the system will grow and improve. Therefore, I will start a series of suggestions and feedback to what I believe may be a positive impact in the zone. Feel free to leave your constructive criticism, whether it be support or against the premise. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Topic: Pub Spam and Macros - there is excessive spam in pub when people are angry at another player for whatever reason. We should not tolerate someone spamming 10-20 lines of text clustering up the game.

Solution: Add a spam timer, which works like this: if an individual types a message, he can only send another message after 5-10 seconds. This will eliminate any repetitive spam. Only implement this feature in game chat, not spectator frequency.

You listing a lot of my ideas =)

My other idea was play time grants you lines of text. Play for 1 minute and get 5-10 lines of text. Makes you less likely to waste them fighting or saying crap. It requires speccers to play if they want to chat in the game at all. And you can adjust how many lines are awarded. I also checked with a developer and it's 100% possible to create and implement.

Comment

Hi guys, I've been playing the game again recently after a long break and am interested to read and discuss peoples thoughts on how the game could evolve.

Just thought I would give my opinions on the thoughts above.

Restricting 1 line of text per 5 seconds sounds frustrating with lots of bot pop-ups saying you can't chat leading to a negative experience. Sometimes you can send multiple texts in a short amount of time which doesn't constitute as spam.

In addition having a "Chat Quota" also feels uncomfortable and necessary.

IMO one of SS's nicest features is that way it makes you feel free with lots of options and text based commands.

I play a lot of league of legends where the chat can get pretty toxic. The way riot handles things is just to let the plays opt in/out of all (public) chat and to mute (?ignore) problem people.

I don't think it needs to get more complicated than that. It should be up to the players to decide if they want to mute/ignore any spammers.

Comment

Originally posted by stuxnet View Post
        Hi guys, I've been playing the game again recently after a long break and am interested to read and discuss peoples thoughts on how the game could evolve.

Just thought I would give my opinions on the thoughts above.

Restricting 1 line of text per 5 seconds sounds frustrating with lots of bot pop-ups saying you can't chat leading to a negative experience. Sometimes you can send multiple texts in a short amount of time which doesn't constitute as spam.

In addition having a "Chat Quota" also feels uncomfortable and necessary.

IMO one of SS's nicest features is that way it makes you feel free with lots of options and text based commands.

I play a lot of league of legends where the chat can get pretty toxic. The way riot handles things is just to let the plays opt in/out of all (public) chat and to mute (?ignore) problem people.

I don't think it needs to get more complicated than that. It should be up to the players to decide if they want to mute/ignore any spammers.

Another thing that came just came to me is that in LOL you have the option to report other plays for negative/ill behavior or chat. Then chat bans can be applied to those players.

Comment

Originally posted by stuxnet View Post

Another thing that came just came to me is that in LOL you have the option to report other plays for negative/ill behavior or chat. Then chat bans can be applied to those players.
          There isn't really any enforcement going on in TW, but it's logical since the population is in decline. Tbh I think the game is fine, it's just some people making a mountain out of a molehill and I made this suggestion bc I've seen folks spamming the same 20 lines of text repetitively clustering up the chat, not to mention certain people copy and pasting dense text to chat for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Lrim's Turtle View Post

There isn't really any enforcement going on in TW, but it's logical since the population is in decline. Tbh I think the game is fine, it's just some people making a mountain out of a molehill and I made this suggestion bc I've seen folks spamming the same 20 lines of text repetitively clustering up the chat, not to mention certain people copy and pasting dense text to chat for whatever reason.
            I don't think enforcement is the answer to any of the problems I see with the game. Whilst I don't agree with all the obvious negative behaviour I believe focus for the time being is better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Lrim's Turtle View Post
              BlahblahBlah Game is dying Ban everyone TrollTrollTrollblahblahblah
              Only trolls DON'T use the ignore command.
              Last edited by A fem bot; 12-24-2018, 09:18 AM. Reason: No
              Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
              Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

warbit> FreeSpirit is truly my spirit animal.

Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

Comment

Working...
              X