Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TW Dean Results and Future of Trench Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TW Dean Results and Future of Trench Wars

    Dear fellow Trench Wars players,

    thank you all for being so supportive in trying to get Trench Wars back on track. It was a pleasure meeting you all, chatting, playing and generally having fun. I was surprised at how many nice and decent people there are left in Trench Wars, even in pub. And I'm glad I got to meet at least a few of you.

    However, it is time to reveal the votes of the official Dean of Staff poll. Sadly, the trolls have done it once again (and Henry too), so there won't be any changes. Also, with the end of TSL, Henry has now completely vanished again and only his puppet wicket666 is harassing the players in pub with his 1240 IQ. God have mercy on his soul.

    As most of you also know, I was in contact with qan and Wirah a lot lately to try and make a solution for a better Ttench Wars this way, but sadly qan is up to his neck in work lately and Wirah has almost lost interest in working with Henry, so the talks broke down.

    For the past month I have been observing a lot of stuff in Trench Wars, mostly negative: pub is almost always unbalanced, people rigging votes and wicket doing nothing to make it fun for everyone, TWD being completely dead with a game or 2 per 2 weeks, TSL being a joke as always (thank god it's over), no staffers to be seen anywhere, and generally nothing to do in the entire zone. Yes, Henry is now working on the big TWDT which is gonna be a huge success and bring hundreds of players back (call me Santa, why don't you), but the reality is that this TWDT and anything beyond is gonna be a total failure. Why? Well, Henry doesn't give a shit yet clings to his position like his life depended on it, no other staffers in sight and even qan not being around much lately. So why would I care if the people in charge don't?

    I came to this conclusion today when apart from Hockey (which I will miss dearly) there is 0 fun to be had in Trench Wars. I think it can almost be proclaimed dead at this point. And since nobody in Staff cares about it anymore I have given up all the efforts to become the Dean myself and help because I simply can't do it alone.

    I do, however, thank all the players for the great support in this and for all the fun we've had during the years. There were some magical moments along the way, for sure. Sadly, power always corrupts people and brings even the best things in the world crumbling down.

    GG Trench Wars, you will be missed.

    Wii out
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill


    wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

  • #2
    My vote goes to Cres
    Originally posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

    Comment


    • #3
      I should be staff still. These num nuts allowed me a very active mod with years of experience to be axed over complete BS. I helped zoner and make javduel and wbduel games happen and if I could do adverts and have mod powers back I could also moderate pub and host league games and help with bots. I've seen bots down for hours because no staff is there to respawn them.. it's awful whats going on. It is ridiculous how players are always away from keyboard are not being specced to balance pub rounds. Entire rounds are ruined with 2 or 3 players afk ruining the games balance. It seems pub has zero staff looking out for it. Qan, Henry and whoever else is in charge these days please let me back on staff. I helped a LOT. The way I got axed is just one more fail for the zone. You guys are shooting yourselves in your foot. I'm very capable. I made one mistake because I was rusty when I returned to be axed. I did a brain fart in order of caller and accused is all.. was an honest mistake.. I was staff for 7 years ,, u guys way over reacted.. completely silly.. heck I see a few trolls are on staff now too. like really wtf is going on. I deserve to return and help the zone like I did for years. LET ME BACK PLEASE.. pm or message me.. I'm waiting to help.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

      Comment


      • #4
        I have been talking to Henry about twdt and it honestly seems like I've done more and care more than him. If twdt is going to be successful I really hope some other people help because he is super lazy. He's already being slow about things as if people are magically going to show up.

        ps. Major where u at

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by zidane View Post
          I have been talking to Henry about twdt and it honestly seems like I've done more and care more than him. If twdt is going to be successful I really hope some other people help because he is super lazy. He's already being slow about things as if people are magically going to show up.

          ps. Major where u at
          He's the Dean of Staff, not leagues head, and anything he does in leagues is a result of the fact that he's going above and beyond his job description. I think it makes sense that you should both do more and care more than him. TWDT only works when the community makes it happen, not because some guy on staff "decides" it's going to happen. It's always been about everyone coming together. Let's see if we can do it. It's not going to work by waiting for someone else to handle it, especially in a league that caters pretty much exclusively to inactive players. Gotta activate the network!
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            I should be staff still. These num nuts allowed me a very active mod with years of experience to be axed over complete BS. I helped zoner and make javduel and wbduel games happen and if I could do adverts and have mod powers back I could also moderate pub and host league games and help with bots. I've seen bots down for hours because no staff is there to respawn them.. it's awful whats going on. It is ridiculous how players are always away from keyboard are not being specced to balance pub rounds. Entire rounds are ruined with 2 or 3 players afk ruining the games balance. It seems pub has zero staff looking out for it. Qan, Henry and whoever else is in charge these days please let me back on staff. I helped a LOT. The way I got axed is just one more fail for the zone. You guys are shooting yourselves in your foot. I'm very capable. I made one mistake because I was rusty when I returned to be axed. I did a brain fart in order of caller and accused is all.. was an honest mistake.. I was staff for 7 years ,, u guys way over reacted.. completely silly.. heck I see a few trolls are on staff now too. like really wtf is going on. I deserve to return and help the zone like I did for years. LET ME BACK PLEASE.. pm or message me.. I'm waiting to help.
            Jessup, you not only banned the wrong person, but you did it outside the ban manual, and without providing any evidence. That made for three red flags in a single call.

            At one point we had a sort of moderation "test" created, posing various hypothetical situations and asking mods to respond according to procedure. Maybe we could look at something like that a bit later on, if you're still interested.

            But three serious mistakes in one call, plus a history of mishandling situations in the past and regular vsing of other staff and players meant that you showed you were still too much of a risk at the time. Sorry it worked out that way, but I believe it was not an unreasonable response, given the situation.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't take my post the wrong way, I like Henry a lot he's a good guy. Just hope we have a team involved who wants to get this thing going, I know Vys should be around. It's false that a player should be expected to do more than the dean of staff and the person who has ran the past several leagues. He is expected to do more than someone who is not on staff otherwise he shouldn't be staff, you're setting the bar very low. This is what happens when you have people in staff who have never played a single game of TWD/TWDT/TWL, you are clueless as to what and who has kept this game alive

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by zidane View Post
                Don't take my post the wrong way, I like Henry a lot he's a good guy. Just hope we have a team involved who wants to get this thing going, I know Vys should be around. It's false that a player should be expected to do more than the dean of staff and the person who has ran the past several leagues. He is expected to do more than someone who is not on staff otherwise he shouldn't be staff, you're setting the bar very low.
                Vys is working on getting more caps, yes. That's the big hurdle right now. Signups are looking pretty strong, though.

                Henry can handle infrastructure, despite it being in addition to his normal job on staff. Announcements, getting hosts/hosting, ensuring bots are in the right place. What he can't do is the key element, because he lacks the contacts developed over years of league play: getting out the word and seeing if your old crew wants to cap/play. And if the people they know also want to cap/play. I didn't really mean you should be doing more than him in the sense of planning. But more that this element outside of the game is the biggest part of the success (or failure) of TWDT, and there's not much that Henry as an individual can do about that aspect. We need people who care to get the word out, to convince others. That's how Ogron was able to make it work. And it was not easy, not a small amount of work by any means. Whether or not he was staff didn't matter. Yet whether or not he and others like him put in that effort made 95% of the difference of whether or not TWDT would run any given season.

                And with most TWDT non-benchers being inactive/nonplayers these days, getting the word out through the back channels becomes even more important. Staff can show up with announcements and hosts and bots and graphics and pixel medals. But people don't just show up out of nowhere, other than those who still read forums or log on every couple weeks to idle for an hour and maybe catch that periodic zoner. Wirah busted his hump for months trying to figure out a way to get out news to people: email newsletter, social media, forums, news.txt, Discord updates. Turns out, for the most part, nobody reads any of that. It's frustrating but true. That leaves us mostly just with word of mouth.

                This is what happens when you have people in staff who have never played a single game of TWD/TWDT/TWL, you are clueless as to what and who has kept this game alive
                We do have some people on staff who've never played a single competitive game in TW, it's true. Yet that's just one part of the zone. If that was a requirement for joining staff, we'd have even fewer applicants than we already do. I can see how it'd be ideal, but it's also unrealistic.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

                Comment


                • #9
                  Tbh qan, many people qualify for staff but ain't getting it due to being too nice or because people in charge just don't like them. I mean, even Jessup should be allowed back but only as ZH, nothing more. Help people in pub, take easy calls and guide new players. Sure, why not? No harm in that.

                  As for me: I am 100% I would be more involved with everything TW related than Henry. Heck, I'd even do stuff which my position wouldn't be meant for. Isn't that a bonus? Plus I get along with all the cool people on staff like you, Wirah, Biet etc. And even if I did something bad to compromise the future of TW, you'd still be above me and able to kick me whenever need be, right? But hey, I guess people rather sit in pub spec, don't do shit and just get trolled by wicket666. If that's what the vision for TW is, then I don't want to have any part of it whatsoever.

                  And as zidane said: TWDT isn't a one man show. It needs many people involved to be a success. But if even the guy in charge, in this case Henry, doesn't give a shit, why should anyone else? I know many people would contribute gladly, some would tell their old friends to come back, some would help host, some would make forums posts, some would do predictions/stats etc. but like this, noone will do anything. And even if you do get 4 teams to show and play, it's gonna be bad. No hype, no fun, no nothing. Just some games played because Henry said so.

                  Am sad to say, qan, but I think you also lost the vision along the way while working with Henry and co. I know you are a busy man, we all are, trust me. I usually work 8-10 hours per day and was still willing to put in work for TW in my free time while Henry is always in TW and not doing anything. Priorities, man. Priorities. And as far as real life goes, working is much more productive than just sitting in TW the whole day and doing nothing productive with your and other's lives.

                  Anyways, as I said before, am happy with all the good fun moments we had together and I do hope this works out for the better of TW, but am not confident at all. I'll still be on forums to see how this pans out because I really like happy endings. But, once again, I don't see it happening.

                  PS. Have you ever wondered, why only Henry and wicket are still semi-active on TW staff while the others like Wirah and Biet are doing other stuff instead? Think about it. You'd be surprised about the answer.
                  "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                  Napoleon Hill


                  wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                  Dral>I can get implants

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by qan View Post
                    Jessup, you not only banned the wrong person, but you did it outside the ban manual, and without providing any evidence. That made for three red flags in a single call.

                    At one point we had a sort of moderation "test" created, posing various hypothetical situations and asking mods to respond according to procedure. Maybe we could look at something like that a bit later on, if you're still interested.

                    But three serious mistakes in one call, plus a history of mishandling situations in the past and regular vsing of other staff and players meant that you showed you were still too much of a risk at the time. Sorry it worked out that way, but I believe it was not an unreasonable response, given the situation.
                    Um I beg to disagree qan.. I did !search on said player who had just had a 6 hour silence ban imposed on them by tucker. I reinstated another 6 hour silence ban as for some reason you all started a new ban policy with this 1-2-3-4-5-6 hour system using the strange logic that softening ban protocols was a good idea to maintain dwindling populations. This imo is why trolling has gotten so out of hand on the game and why many players quit because who wants to play when they are bombarded daily by certain toxic trolls who ruin their gaming experience. The trolls know nothing major will ever happen to them unless a sysop decides to jump in and make a personal decision for more which almost never happens. The call on said player was involving harassment where suggestions of suicide where being imposed on a player in a trolling fashion in the cheater call. Clear harassment...Both players involved had a long history of being toxic trolls.. I admit I made a terrible blunder by mixing of the caller and the perpetrator in the call. It was easily fixed though by tucker in one simple lift command. He caught it which was good staffing on his part. Both players involved in help call had active silence bans in play.. You had said 6 hours was max.. henry told me 5 hours was max. Either way it was in accordance in my opinion.. if I had gotten the call right. The ban manual has serious flaws too and is not worded properly when it comes to these "hypothetical situations". These "tests" you talk of prove it. You all allow simple logic to be thwarted erring on the side of caution to the point of inaction. Telling a player they should commit suicide over and over should be harassment.. or do you disagree?

                    As for this "history of mishandling situations" you claim I have. I disagree. I listed many times to you and others on slack and in forums why I disagree. It seems you do not want to listen to me though. Let me list again my infractions.

                    1) I killed twpubsystem because I was dueling jebass and some player named Jeb did a 3 million dollar openduel which I mistakenly /!accept jeb trying to duel jebass. It was a spider vs lev duel.. I thought he was a troll. I was wrong. I killed twpubsystem. (this was my worst mistake and I was properly chastised and disciplined for this action. I never killed twpubsystem again. I freely admit I overreacted and did something that could be classified as true abuse. It never happened again.

                    2)Skyforger was imo abusing the openduel feature which allowed players to have 2 open duels at same time hiding a duel behind another. I got caught in a 15 million dollar duel as a result because he did a 10000$ duel which was removed by him to me in warbird while a 15 million dollar lev duel was left open. This was a glitch. You did the proper fix by adding the /!accepto feature for open duels. After he absconded with my 15 million dollars both he and delectable had a grand time trolling me as I asked for my money back. During the duel I pmed him saying I wanted a wb duel for 1000 when I accepted.. not the lev duel for 15 million. He had agreed then he would return it. He did not.

                    3)This led to days of annoyance where I had them hiding the money in alias accounts and we all were very salty at each other. Dele asked me for a ban duel. I said there was no such thing as a ban duel but agreed to a "grudge" duel instead. He insisted it have some type of consequence.. suggesting that I silence myself for something like 3 days if I lost and he would if he lost. I can't remember exact details but I agreed. I went into ?go duel and asked him to challenge. He refused. I challenged with my rules. No count, warp on deaths , winby2 and to 10. Instead a staffer came in and decided to manually override the rule system in place and did this shitty .. no warp on death, no win by 2 crap. The duelbot was not even used. I lost 9-10 to him. I refused to honor the agreement as the rules for duel were not followed from the start. Drama ensued and they used me refusing to honor it as another reason to keep the 15 million from me. I was then told I had broken staff protocol by doing a ban duel with him and officially warned. I never agreed to a ban duel I agreed to a grudge duel with promise to be silent for 3 days if I lost. Because rules were not followed in duel I refused.

                    4) As word got out I had this duel on staff chat and in the zone more and more players started to troll me in duels using the openduel glitch feature to hide ridiculous duels for insane amounts of money. I did not fall for it as I learned my lesson to check duels before accepting them because of situation sky and I had. During this time a high up staffer pmed me pretending to be twpubsystem for a duel for 10000$ pub bux while having a 5 million dollar duel of jav vs his warbird. It was clear bot impersonation. I officially warned the said staffer. a PROPER WARN!! Somehow I was reprimanded for this. The warn was lifted from the abusing staff member and I was told I was on fringe of being axed by Henry because of it. His logic was that staff can not be warned no matter if they break rules or not. WHAT A JOKE! Was such a clear case of abuse and I did a proper warn.

                    5)J-b-inc and I (among many other trolls) started having serious issues. People were harassing me constantly over me being trans saying the foulest of things. How I should kill myself, how I was going to hell, how I was a freak, how my family should disown me. I tried to keep composure but snapped when my cancer diagnosis was given to me and I had to go into surgery. At same time my father had a stroke and went to hospital and was dying. JB-inc said he wished my father would die and that I would die. I did a warn on him.. staff removed it saying I could not give warning as it was something I was personally attached to. I asked for staff to step in. One staffer (LF) did ONE TIME. The foul trolling continued afterwords. I asked Henry and you to step in. You both refused. Trolling got to a point my gaming experience was being ruined. I had people calling me a child molester and daily saying they wish I would die from my cancer and that they wished my father would die too. I snapped. No one was helping stop this abuse. I told jbinc who lives close to me to fight me in real life since no consequences were being taken. This was an angry outburst. Neither of us acted in real life on it but Henry decided that was enough to then axe me from staff. I felt totally let down by staff not following protocol to stand up for staffers who were being harassed and trolled. Rules clearly say staff should help each other and trolling staff is also against the rules by players. Staff failed me and instead punished me. I accepted it as I had no choice. I was told I could come back to staff after some cooling off time. I went to surgery and survived it.

                    6) Henry came to me asking if I was ready to return. I was angry at how I had been treated still but for the sake of the zone and also myself and how I wish to help the zone I accepted. I made like 10 help calls that were proper. My first ban call I took was where I switched call/ abuser order in a brain fart. Henry immediately axed me. No effort to try and correct my issue.. just a flat out ban (which by the way is NOT in staff moderator removal protocol) That was another ILLEGAL axe. I was axed both times over BS. Axing me because jb and I had a fight was a joke and non staff related. ABUSE BY HENRY. I was not allowed a proper warning nor was I helped by staff to correct my mistake to improve myself for the second and final axe.

                    These are all my issues I had and I explain how it came to be. I was a very stable and good staffer who took 1000's of proper calls over my career as a staffer for many years. I blame staffs failing the majority of these issues and accept responsibility for the ones I overstepped my powers on as I show above. My axing not only hurt me but has hurt the zones moderation. You all have made it more difficult to moderate the game than it needs to be. There is no clear concise wording in ban manual for harassment bans but I feel assured I was well within my personal judgement on most of these issues save 1 or maybe 2 (the sky issue). Staff let me down by not allowing me to use that personal judgement. I also agreed to honor my dele/sky grudge issue too and was silent for 3 days with no staff /!silence powers officially used. I did it on honor system. so that one was resolved.. it never was a fucking official ban duel though.. there is no such thing and never has been. I certainly never have done it.....

                    In conclusion, I'm a very capable staffer and should be in the mix
                    Last edited by Jessup; 12-04-2018, 12:21 PM.
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wiibimbo for sysop

                      p.s this new forum look made me want to rethink my entire life and how every decision I've ever made has lead to this moment of me logging back into trenchwars forum to see this incredibly disgusting theme
                      Last edited by Mobey; 12-04-2018, 12:37 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mobey View Post
                        Wiibimbo for sysop

                        p.s this new forum look made me want to rethink my entire life and how every decision I've ever made has lead to this moment of me logging back into trenchwars forum to see this incredibly disgusting theme
                        It is pretty dull, true.

                        As for you Jessup: you brought this upon yourself. Countless years of being rude to players after EVERY TWD match, running like a little bitch, refusing to fight, losing fights on purpose, abusing powers as a mod...this doesn't come even close to what your 1000 help calls did. You as a person are unstable and shouldn't be allowed to do anything staff-wise in this game. Your personal problems are your own, I hope you finally know that. What other people did to you is again partly your fault. I've seen you many times talk shit to JB and others without no prior trolling, just because you felt like it. And ofc, people snapped at you. What else did you expect?

                        And to be clear, me and many others knew about your condition, never ever said anything remotely bad about your health, your father or your sex change. But hey, if you push us with those subjects yourself, ofc we are gonna retalliate. Especially when we were normal players and not staff.

                        So stop living like a fucking princess, finally grow up and start taking responsibilites for your actions. You also forgot to mention countless times you abused your powers in TWD where you would just kick players during a match because they were owning you, saying they lag and need to be dealt with. Really mature. Whereas I do 1 small mistake and spec a player in wbduel and am a monster. Sheesh, even I forgot that and let it go but you still can't. GROW THE FUCK UP!

                        And let me tell you 1 other thing: do you know why TWD is completely dead now? Do you? It's because of you. The last game we played (and I even played for Paladen) I couldn't get myself to try even 0.1 % because I was 1v4 all the time while you and Alex were just straying from another arena. Holy fuck, grow some balls, learn to team and play in a game you claim to be fucking good and finally do something decent with your e- and real life. But as we all know this won't happen, just stay the loser that you are and just go annoy some other poor saps in another game. You've done more than enough damage here.

                        Also, since I'm now officially gone and have 0.0 % desire to ever even come close to TW, you might actually suck Henry's dick and become the Dean that TW deserves. But guess what? If this happens, all the remaining 50 players are gonna leave so then you can finally give yourself all the medals that you so desperately want and crave, proclaim yourself the best player in the zone and start banning bots.

                        PS. Next time, since you are so smart, take your grudges and complaints in another thread and stop polluting my thread that has nothing to do with you, mkay?
                        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                        Napoleon Hill


                        wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                        Dral>I can get implants

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Henry does his job well as dean of Staff. He's helpful, courteous, and I've never seen him lose his composure. He's also very active considering being staff is voluntary. He doesn't get the credit he deserves. Yes he can be picky when it comes to interested parties of staff, but IMO most of his prejudices are correct.

                          Jessup, staff calls are supposed to be kept private from the public. At least I'm pretty sure that's the general rule. If these issues have been talked about at length with the appropriate parties though, why are you bringing it up here? It just seems your intent is to paint staff in a negative light, when by far the majority look out for the interests of the game. Some might not be as active as others due to real life constraints, but I'm quite sure all of current staff have those interests as their priority. If your goal is to get another shot at being staff, I don't think your actions are helping you much.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jessup View Post

                            Um I beg to disagree qan.. I did !search on said player who had just had a 6 hour silence ban imposed on them by tucker. I reinstated another 6 hour silence ban as for some reason you all started a new ban policy with this 1-2-3-4-5-6 hour system using the strange logic that softening ban protocols was a good idea to maintain dwindling populations. This imo is why trolling has gotten so out of hand on the game and why many players quit because who wants to play when they are bombarded daily by certain toxic trolls who ruin their gaming experience. The trolls know nothing major will ever happen to them unless a sysop decides to jump in and make a personal decision for more which almost never happens. The call on said player was involving harassment where suggestions of suicide where being imposed on a player in a trolling fashion in the cheater call. Clear harassment...Both players involved had a long history of being toxic trolls.. I admit I made a terrible blunder by mixing of the caller and the perpetrator in the call. It was easily fixed though by tucker in one simple lift command. He caught it which was good staffing on his part. Both players involved in help call had active silence bans in play.. You had said 6 hours was max.. henry told me 5 hours was max. Either way it was in accordance in my opinion.. if I had gotten the call right. The ban manual has serious flaws too and is not worded properly when it comes to these "hypothetical situations". These "tests" you talk of prove it. You all allow simple logic to be thwarted erring on the side of caution to the point of inaction. Telling a player they should commit suicide over and over should be harassment.. or do you disagree?

                            As for this "history of mishandling situations" you claim I have. I disagree. I listed many times to you and others on slack and in forums why I disagree. It seems you do not want to listen to me though. Let me list again my infractions.

                            1) I killed twpubsystem because I was dueling jebass and some player named Jeb did a 3 million dollar openduel which I mistakenly /!accept jeb trying to duel jebass. It was a spider vs lev duel.. I thought he was a troll. I was wrong. I killed twpubsystem. (this was my worst mistake and I was properly chastised and disciplined for this action. I never killed twpubsystem again. I freely admit I overreacted and did something that could be classified as true abuse. It never happened again.

                            2)Skyforger was imo abusing the openduel feature which allowed players to have 2 open duels at same time hiding a duel behind another. I got caught in a 15 million dollar duel as a result because he did a 10000$ duel which was removed by him to me in warbird while a 15 million dollar lev duel was left open. This was a glitch. You did the proper fix by adding the /!accepto feature for open duels. After he absconded with my 15 million dollars both he and delectable had a grand time trolling me as I asked for my money back. During the duel I pmed him saying I wanted a wb duel for 1000 when I accepted.. not the lev duel for 15 million. He had agreed then he would return it. He did not.

                            3)This led to days of annoyance where I had them hiding the money in alias accounts and we all were very salty at each other. Dele asked me for a ban duel. I said there was no such thing as a ban duel but agreed to a "grudge" duel instead. He insisted it have some type of consequence.. suggesting that I silence myself for something like 3 days if I lost and he would if he lost. I can't remember exact details but I agreed. I went into ?go duel and asked him to challenge. He refused. I challenged with my rules. No count, warp on deaths , winby2 and to 10. Instead a staffer came in and decided to manually override the rule system in place and did this shitty .. no warp on death, no win by 2 crap. The duelbot was not even used. I lost 9-10 to him. I refused to honor the agreement as the rules for duel were not followed from the start. Drama ensued and they used me refusing to honor it as another reason to keep the 15 million from me. I was then told I had broken staff protocol by doing a ban duel with him and officially warned. I never agreed to a ban duel I agreed to a grudge duel with promise to be silent for 3 days if I lost. Because rules were not followed in duel I refused.

                            4) As word got out I had this duel on staff chat and in the zone more and more players started to troll me in duels using the openduel glitch feature to hide ridiculous duels for insane amounts of money. I did not fall for it as I learned my lesson to check duels before accepting them because of situation sky and I had. During this time a high up staffer pmed me pretending to be twpubsystem for a duel for 10000$ pub bux while having a 5 million dollar duel of jav vs his warbird. It was clear bot impersonation. I officially warned the said staffer. a PROPER WARN!! Somehow I was reprimanded for this. The warn was lifted from the abusing staff member and I was told I was on fringe of being axed by Henry because of it. His logic was that staff can not be warned no matter if they break rules or not. WHAT A JOKE! Was such a clear case of abuse and I did a proper warn.

                            5)J-b-inc and I (among many other trolls) started having serious issues. People were harassing me constantly over me being trans saying the foulest of things. How I should kill myself, how I was going to hell, how I was a freak, how my family should disown me. I tried to keep composure but snapped when my cancer diagnosis was given to me and I had to go into surgery. At same time my father had a stroke and went to hospital and was dying. JB-inc said he wished my father would die and that I would die. I did a warn on him.. staff removed it saying I could not give warning as it was something I was personally attached to. I asked for staff to step in. One staffer (LF) did ONE TIME. The foul trolling continued afterwords. I asked Henry and you to step in. You both refused. Trolling got to a point my gaming experience was being ruined. I had people calling me a child molester and daily saying they wish I would die from my cancer and that they wished my father would die too. I snapped. No one was helping stop this abuse. I told jbinc who lives close to me to fight me in real life since no consequences were being taken. This was an angry outburst. Neither of us acted in real life on it but Henry decided that was enough to then axe me from staff. I felt totally let down by staff not following protocol to stand up for staffers who were being harassed and trolled. Rules clearly say staff should help each other and trolling staff is also against the rules by players. Staff failed me and instead punished me. I accepted it as I had no choice. I was told I could come back to staff after some cooling off time. I went to surgery and survived it.

                            6) Henry came to me asking if I was ready to return. I was angry at how I had been treated still but for the sake of the zone and also myself and how I wish to help the zone I accepted. I made like 10 help calls that were proper. My first ban call I took was where I switched call/ abuser order in a brain fart. Henry immediately axed me. No effort to try and correct my issue.. just a flat out ban (which by the way is NOT in staff moderator removal protocol) That was another ILLEGAL axe. I was axed both times over BS. Axing me because jb and I had a fight was a joke and non staff related. ABUSE BY HENRY. I was not allowed a proper warning nor was I helped by staff to correct my mistake to improve myself for the second and final axe.

                            These are all my issues I had and I explain how it came to be. I was a very stable and good staffer who took 1000's of proper calls over my career as a staffer for many years. I blame staffs failing the majority of these issues and accept responsibility for the ones I overstepped my powers on as I show above. My axing not only hurt me but has hurt the zones moderation. You all have made it more difficult to moderate the game than it needs to be. There is no clear concise wording in ban manual for harassment bans but I feel assured I was well within my personal judgement on most of these issues save 1 or maybe 2 (the sky issue). Staff let me down by not allowing me to use that personal judgement. I also agreed to honor my dele/sky grudge issue too and was silent for 3 days with no staff /!silence powers officially used. I did it on honor system. so that one was resolved.. it never was a fucking official ban duel though.. there is no such thing and never has been. I certainly never have done it.....

                            In conclusion, I'm a very capable staffer and should be in the mix
                            tucker is an abusive mod, so if you follow anything he did you're probably shit too. If I was mod I'd probably be undoing silences by other mods, without even consulting. Because fuck you, 6 hours... Silences shouldn't even be additive. It should be 1 length for every offense. Regardless if there are 10000 offenses or 1 offense, it remains that 1 length each time. No histories. We don't treat people like criminals in any zone I would run.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Materix View Post
                              Henry does his job well as dean of Staff. He's helpful, courteous, and I've never seen him lose his composure. He's also very active considering being staff is voluntary. He doesn't get the credit he deserves. Yes he can be picky when it comes to interested parties of staff, but IMO most of his prejudices are correct.

                              Jessup, staff calls are supposed to be kept private from the public. At least I'm pretty sure that's the general rule. If these issues have been talked about at length with the appropriate parties though, why are you bringing it up here? It just seems your intent is to paint staff in a negative light, when by far the majority look out for the interests of the game. Some might not be as active as others due to real life constraints, but I'm quite sure all of current staff have those interests as their priority. If your goal is to get another shot at being staff, I don't think your actions are helping you much.
                              I disagree, staff should operate under full transparency to avoid power abuse. This "private" b.s was invented by Hoch former SSCouncil who was a tyrant and an asshole and got away with abusing people because of the lack of transparency. When the community found out the type of threats he was making to staffers behind the scenes we axed our own zone owner. Just think weinstein, why did weinstein get away with shit for so long? Because there was no transparency. We don't necessarily need full disclosure, but Hoch was extreme. He would lock this thread and then ban Jessup for mentioning staff issues in the forums or bringing up bans. If you do that then you are at the extreme end of "privacy"... and you are likely tyrants.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X