Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss you too rough

Comment

This Falconeer guy is an absolute cancer spamming forums. I disagree with Qan about a lot of things, but the notion that he's stealing from a pot of $100 bucks a month and needs to answer to you is absurd. I'm pretty sure if you can afford to live in Japan, you don't need to be siphoning off $50 bucks a month. He puts a lot of free work into the game, and has earned the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Why do we let these trolls spam and harass fucking volunteers in a free game?

Originally posted by Falconeer
      The fuck you paying for? DDOS protection?
      Also, this might be the stupidest sentence I've ever read in on these forums. You're aware DDOS attacks repeatedly took the zone down and cost us like 40% of the game's population, right?

EDIT: I donated to the cause even though I don't play much anymore, in appreciation of people putting in time and effort to help the zone, and in spite of people like Falconeer.
      Last edited by ogron; 12-14-2018, 09:07 PM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

(Updated OP with this information)

UPDATE 1: We've migrated to a $50/month plan after re-assessing our server requirements. It's a bit tight, but we can make it work! Zone functionality shouldn't be affected. But please let me know if you notice anything unusual. The zone still needs your donations!

UPDATE 2: The donation page is currently NOT providing coupons for donations, due to a problem with the PayPal handler. Apologies!! (The donations themselves are still going through successfully.) Zazu is working on fixing this problem (thanks Zazu!). I'll be issuing manual coupons for any donations in the meantime, once they're verified from Paypal. Sorry again for this inconvenience.

"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          You're aware DDOS attacks repeatedly took the zone down and cost us like 40% of the game's population, right?
          He's not aware of too much that's happened in TW, being a pretty recent player. Thanks for donating, Og. Sorry you didn't get a coupon but I also am willing to bet you don't really give a damn about spacedollars.

Originally posted by Falconeer
          How did you magically find all this space to free up from having a more hard line stance of there's nothing that can be done?
          Cleared out the Apache logs, cleared out some old bot logs, deleted the archived version of the SSDL backup (I have it on Cloud storage). Hadn't had time to analyze it properly. I work full-time and have a fairly active social life. May have jumped the gun with the donation drive, but $600 is next to nothing and needed to act fast so as to be able to reach the old players returning for Christmas.

"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
            He's not aware of too much that's happened in TW, being a pretty recent player. Thanks for donating, Og. Sorry you didn't get a coupon but I also am willing to bet you don't really give a damn about spacedollars.
            Yep, no problem.

lol, no, I don't care about pub bux.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
              This Falconeer guy is an absolute cancer spamming forums. I disagree with Qan about a lot of things, but the notion that he's stealing from a pot of $100 bucks a month and needs to answer to you is absurd. I'm pretty sure if you can afford to live in Japan, you don't need to be siphoning off $50 bucks a month. He puts a lot of free work into the game, and has earned the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Why do we let these trolls spam and harass fucking volunteers in a free game?

Also, this might be the stupidest sentence I've ever read in on these forums. You're aware DDOS attacks repeatedly took the zone down and cost us like 40% of the game's population, right?

EDIT: I donated to the cause even though I don't play much anymore, in appreciation of people putting in time and effort to help the zone, and in spite of people like Falconeer.
              I think the problem is I'm talking with people who care about politics so they don't take my text literally and read machinations between the lines and secondly that you all fail at reading comprehension. Who said anyone has to answer to me personally? If people want to throw their money away without critical thinking or transparency that's up to them. A donation is freely given because you're ready to part with your money... like giving a gift, when I give a gift it now belongs to someone else to do with what they want. If you need little convincing to give money away then I personally think you are rich or dumb or both.

But I am poor and smart, and I don't just give donations because qan tells me some imaginary box is low on money. I would want screenshots of the drive too, so I can see Apache log files taking up 20 gigs of space... or whatever amount of space it takes to cut a $100 a month price tag to $50... in fact by wanting to see this it means I am actually learning how a server works on top of it. I better learn what is plausible and reasonable within services like this, so then when the next guy I meet talks about apache log files taking up space I can trust him.

This however, is why I personally wouldn't donate. But my points weren't made about me. I was making a broad statement that donors, meaning everyone else... should want transparency to see how their money is being used as well as if it's the most efficient use of the server/funds given that it's a game from 1996 with not a lot of space/speed requirements. I also firmly believe the more transparency there is, the more people will donate. You happen to be the trustworthy naive people of the internet, or maybe you have a history with qan and trust him? regardless people who are more critical thinkers will be won over with transparency and your donations will rise. It's actually for the benefit of you. But you're too dumb to see that.

DDOS for the zone is required, not really for the website, also what year was the game DDOS'ed back when it had 800 players? You think anyone left here can DDOS or cares to? I suppose there is the potential for a random hacker to just pick on the game for no reason. But maybe you were an asshole who banned them for text? Apparently if DDOS is so common maybe it was because your type of tyranny gets around.

If I ever feel like throwing $20 in the trash, or burning it over a fire, maybe I will stop and donate it to qan. You know... because without transparency it would be like throwing my money away to me.

Comment

Amazing to think PriitK is still forking out for the game servers after so many years. Happy holidays TW.

Comment

Tyranny
                  Tyrant
                  Trant
                  Rant
                  Ant
                  Faggot
                  Tyrant
                  Tyrannical Tyrants
                  mean people
                  I am poor and smart
                  Tyrants
                  Grasps is a squad captain?
                  Imaginary boxes
                  Tyrant
                  Tyrannical boxes
                  PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                  ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Logical missiles
                    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I don't think many people will be too worried if Qan actually took their $5 and crossed the border. And realistically, your only appealing to a smaller portion of the player base anyway - the guys that login each day for an hour to Pub, or who want more leagues. A while back I was Moderating on a DotA host and we had a similar situation. Long time players donated small amounts, they didn't seem to care about all this transparency, as long as they could keep playing. Three pages of much ado about nothing.
                      "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                      • Shark
                      • Dicer
                      • Sager
                      • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
                        I don't think many people will be too worried if Qan actually took their $5 and crossed the border. And realistically, your only appealing to a smaller portion of the player base anyway - the guys that login each day for an hour to Pub, or who want more leagues. A while back I was Moderating on a DotA host and we had a similar situation. Long time players donated small amounts, they didn't seem to care about all this transparency, as long as they could keep playing. Three pages of much ado about nothing.
                        Sigh, everyone is so dumb.

It doesn't matter if you think you speak for 200 people and what you generalize about the player base. These are the facts.

1. Without transparency, only certain people will donate who always donated.
                        2. With transparency you increase donations, for all the aforementioned reasons.
                        3. All that matters is what is morally right, not the outcome.
                        4. For example we know qan isn't stealing you fucking idiots who assume i'm trying to go after qan, (I'm not you who does vendettas for dumb reasons).

It's just that if i was in his position and asking for money, for anything - a game i'm developing on patreon, or some project on kickstarter, or maybe for DSB zone, I would provide hard documentation and evidence for everything concerning the donations. AND what's more I would actually WANT to do that, I would want everyone to know how and where their money is being used and why, and I would want to show them it's the most efficient use of their money too, and I would want feedback on the costs/expenditures.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                          Sigh, everyone is so dumb.
                          No u.

Comment

I speak from experience with a game which had a similar decline to Subspace. Providing more 'transparency' has a negligible effect on the amount of donations received.
                            "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                            • Shark
                            • Dicer
                            • Sager
                            • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

4. For example we know qan isn't stealing you fucking idiots who assume i'm trying to go after qan, (I'm not you who does vendettas for dumb reasons).
                              Yet the guy makes an alias just for me, sits on it for like a week or two? three? then realises nobody gives a fuck about him and his bs and runs off to pester people on the forum and brings up Tantalus every chance he gets, laff falconeer is so bad.
                              Izor> euros have hot accents but you still talk funny :P
                              Izor> and youre a stupid nebwie
                              AngelGirl> I know <3
                              AngelGirl> but you still <3 me
                              Izor> ROFL

pee pee so> ur name make no cents kid, pick a knew one wow ur stoopid
                              pee pee socK> im top 10 wb in tw

(paradise)>hey deluge said he wants to have kids with u

Comment

i'm not a hypocrite. i don't give people shit for things i do. that's all of you. insulting me because i insult you then saying i need to be banned because i insult you better, and then you proceed to insult me again. stop being hypocrites with double standards who think it's alright to behave the way you do and yet ban others for the same actions. menteroth on Pro League discord precisely didn't want to ban me for this reason. he would rather have had people rage quit the server (which they did) and he was correct in doing so. who wants blackmailing rage quitting idiots for friends?

in this case i'm not so much giving qan shit as saying what he's doing with donations isn't morally correct - precisely it's something i would never do if i were in the same position... it's the exact opposite of hypocrisy.

when i give power abusers shit for banning people, do you think it's because i would ban you? or ban tantalus if i was sysop? the answer is no. chances are you would rage quit for my text, like everyone else does.

also not everything revolves around you, falco-girl was my ingenious creation to troll the people who hate on women, if i dislike women - then defending women will enrage people who believe that, and if i don't dislike women then defending women will enrage people who dislike women. either way i win, and that's what a troll god is - damned if you do and damned if you don't. we spread like a cancer if you feed us, and spread like a parasite if you ignore us.

sounds like you're upset i'm not in the game, maybe if trench wars was more relevant it would matter and i would login. maybe i enjoy making you come to me and type on the forums.

Menteroth is probably the only admin who realized how much you are all stupid assholes with double standards and hypocrisy.
                                Last edited by Falconeer; 12-15-2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X