Trench Wars Holiday Donation Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Wars Holiday Donation Drive

UPDATE 1: We've migrated to a $50/month plan after re-assessing our server requirements. It's a bit tight, but we can make it work! Zone functionality shouldn't be affected. But please let me know if you notice anything unusual. The zone still needs your donations!

UPDATE 3: The donation page is once again providing coupons for donations. Thanks to Zazu for sorting this out. If you made a donation and did not receive a coupon, please leave a message in the thread, DM me or ?msg me in-game, and I'll issue a manual coupon once it's verified from Paypal. Sorry for the inconvenience.

---

Without your support, Trench Wars as we know it will be shutting down December 31st, 2019.

Trench Wars bots, websites and forums are 100% volunteer-funded and supported. Server costs are only $50 per month (updated with new costs). Yet the most recent accounting puts us at just $600, leaving just 1 year of funding. If we run out of funding, all bots, websites, forums and files hosted by and associated with Trench Wars will go offline. (However, the game server itself, which is provided by PriitK, will continue to run.)

Generous donors have kept this ship afloat for decades now. Without them, TW would be long gone. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has donated in the past -- and another thank you for everyone who has donated their time and effort as part of staff, as a league organizer, as a squad captain, as a community content contributor, or as a die-hard player that keeps the game going.

In normal circumstances, these few humble financial donors have been enough to ensure the longevity of TW. However, in recent years, server costs have begun to outstrap donations. It's time to come together to save the zone!

Have you enjoyed TW over the years? Has it been part of your life for a long time now? This is your chance to give a little something back in tribute to those great memories. Remember all of the people you've met (and destroyed), the leagues, the events, the rivalries, and the friendships that continue to this day. Think about what that's been worth to you. Can you give $20, $10, or even just $5 to make sure TW keeps going strong? For every $50 donated, TW can survive for 1 more month! Click the link below to give any amount:

During this special promotion (running through the New Year):
    • All donations will receive DOUBLE the amount of complimentary PubBux. A great chance to increase your fat space stacks AND do something good for the zone.
    • Donate more than $10 and you can choose one of the weekend events. (Post in this thread, DM me, or ?message me in-game after donating.)
    • Donate more than $50 and your name and donation amount will appear on the public map for a limited time! (Please notify me if you do NOT want your name to appear, or select "Anonymous" when making your donation.)
    • The top 3 donors during the promotion will receive a special gift! (Details TBA)

Thank you for considering a donation. We accept all major credit cards via PayPal (no account required). Everything helps!

Donate here: http://www.trenchwars.org/donations

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year to all! And don't forget: have guns and travel Subspace.
    Last edited by qan; 12-18-2018, 10:55 PM. Reason: Donations page now giving coupons again
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

It has begun...
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Oh boy.........
      FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
      #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Don't worry guys, Jessup, the new TW Dean of Staff, will cover all the expenses. You are in safe hands.
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Wii you were the person just campaigning and wanting to be dean.. you cover the expenses.. I'd honestly have helped if I wasn't treated like such crap by so many people but.... I'm too bitter now.
          Thanks for letting us know qan.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Sign up for trench wars' last DT league starting in Jan. Its going to be a good one

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
              Without your support, Trench Wars as we know it will be shutting down June 31st, 2019.

Trench Wars bots, websites and forums are 100% volunteer-funded and supported. Server costs are only $100 per month. Yet the most recent accounting puts us at just $600, leaving just 6 more months of funding. At the end of these 6 months, all bots, websites, forums and files hosted by and associated with Trench Wars will go offline. (However, the game server itself, which is provided by PriitK, will continue to run.)

Generous donors have kept this ship afloat for decades now. Without them, TW would be long gone. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has donated in the past -- and another thank you for everyone who has donated their time and effort as part of staff, as a league organizer, as a squad captain, as a community content contributor, or as a die-hard player that keeps the game going.

In normal circumstances, these few humble financial donors have been enough to ensure the longevity of TW. However, in recent years, server costs have begun to outstrap donations. I've been holding off making this plea for a long time, but I knew this day would come. Well ... here we are.

Have you enjoyed TW over the years? Has it been part of your life for a long time now? This is your chance to give a little something back in tribute to those great memories. Remember all of the people you've met (and destroyed), the leagues, the events, the rivalries, and the friendships that continue to this day. Think about what that's been worth to you. Can you give $20, $10, or even just $5 to make sure TW keeps going strong? For every $100 donated, TW can survive for 1 more month! Click the link below to give any amount:

During this special promotion (running through the New Year):
              • All donations will receive DOUBLE the amount of complimentary PubBux. A great chance to increase your fat space stacks AND do something good for the zone.
              • Donate more than $10 and you can choose one of the weekend events. (Post in this thread, DM me, or ?message me in-game after donating.)
              • Donate more than $50 and your name and donation amount will appear on the public map for a limited time! (Please notify me if you do NOT want your name to appear, or select "Anonymous" when making your donation.)
              • The top 3 donors during the promotion will receive a special gift! (Details TBA)

Thank you for considering a donation. We accept all major credit cards via PayPal (no account required). Everything helps!

Donate here: http://www.trenchwars.org/donations

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year to all! And don't forget: have guns and travel Subspace.
              Sure just because you say its $600 and give a vague list of services/websites we're supposed to believe you?

1. List every website you're paying for.
              2. List the hosting provider.
              3. Explain why you're paying for more than 1 site.
              4. Centralize all sites on 1 host provider which would be 50% cheaper
              5. Also get rid of redundant sites, make 1 site that does everything.

This is the only way I would donate money to you. It's called transparency. If i'm not seeing the website costs from the host itself then I'm not believing shit you say. It is the internet after all, and you don't believe shit I say when I want to help. Works both ways.

Currently I'm on a host where I pay $70 a year and get three websites. The fuck you paying for? DDOS protection?

IMO if you don't want to be transparent, we are better off letting the sites fall. And this way you're forced to make 1 website that does everything on 1 host provider for $70 a month. We'd be helping you dev properly and save money in the process.

This post you made qan is scummy, it's actually insulting, a plea to emotions and nostalgia of the players with very little facts. Seriously fuck you. Learn how to ask for money. Oh and a plea to peoples ego's too. Lets not forget that.
              Last edited by Falconeer; 12-12-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

Sure just because you say its $600 and give a vague list of services/websites we're supposed to believe you?
                Your biggest donation to the game would be uninstalling. You don't even know what the hell qan's post is about. Please shut the fuck up already.

Originally posted by qan View Post

Have you enjoyed TW over the years? Has it been part of your life for a long time now? This is your chance to give a little something back in tribute to those great memories. Remember all of the people you've met (and destroyed), the leagues, the events, the rivalries, and the friendships that continue to this day. Think about what that's been worth to you. Can you give $20, $10, or even just $5 to make sure TW keeps going strong?
                This is amazing to think about. SS has been the best game I've ever played. Consider a lot of these people very good friends. Wish I could fly my warbird over the traffic in DC. Yet this was only possible because some generous people paid over $20,000 during the last 20 years while I enjoyed it for free.

Anyway, donated $25 just now. Took 25 seconds. Then I logged in and collected my 600k pub bux. Shit felt good man. Merry Christmas. I once spent new year's eve with people on here way back when my life was completely shitty. But that night wasn't shitty. This game is the shit. There's still some good times to be had. Now that we're all adults, how about you spend some of the christmas money you've saved up and donate.

T W D T 2 0 1 9 SIGN THE FUCK UP WE GOTTA GET PODCASTS GOING. I'LL CAP THIS SHIT AGAIN IF I NEED TO I LOVE SUBSPACE!!!!!!!

PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                  Wii you were the person just campaigning and wanting to be dean.. you cover the expenses.. I'd honestly have helped if I wasn't treated like such crap by so many people but.... I'm too bitter now.
                  Thanks for letting us know qan.
                  I'm pretty sure everyone, and I mean everyone, knows from my post that I moved on and quit. Yet here you are, still going on about me covering expenses in a game I don't play anymore. Seriously Jessup, how dumb are you? Because every post you make nowadays your IQ gets lower and lower. For the fking last time, grow up, do something with your life and stop being such a whiny little bitch. Ok?

Now go play TWDD and run around in circles.
                  Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Let it die. Time to move on.

Comment

My man mythril. Cap dt? Need legio xi in this possibly final dt

tiny and trasher would make some good captains as well

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post

Your biggest donation to the game would be uninstalling. You don't even know what the hell qan's post is about. Please shut the fuck up already.

This is amazing to think about. SS has been the best game I've ever played. Consider a lot of these people very good friends. Wish I could fly my warbird over the traffic in DC. Yet this was only possible because some generous people paid over $20,000 during the last 20 years while I enjoyed it for free.

Anyway, donated $25 just now. Took 25 seconds. Then I logged in and collected my 600k pub bux. Shit felt good man. Merry Christmas. I once spent new year's eve with people on here way back when my life was completely shitty. But that night wasn't shitty. This game is the shit. There's still some good times to be had. Now that we're all adults, how about you spend some of the christmas money you've saved up and donate.

T W D T 2 0 1 9 SIGN THE FUCK UP WE GOTTA GET PODCASTS GOING. I'LL CAP THIS SHIT AGAIN IF I NEED TO I LOVE SUBSPACE!!!!!!!
                        Judge people more idiot, morons who throw stones when they literally act the same fucking way. What you just said to me doesn't make you better than me. So since we're the same why are you fucking judgeing? Do you know me? What I've done? What work i've done for zones and squads? No. You just dislike me and rage and cry about it. Eat shit seriously.

Nothing in what I said was incorrect. PROVE INCORRECTNESS. DEBATE IDEAS. DON'T FUCKING BRING THINGS TO PERSONAL ARGUMENTS ABOUT HOW I SUCK SO THEREFORE WHAT I SAY MUST BE B.S DEBATE FUCKING IDEAS OR FUCK OFF.

IS THIS INCORRECT?
                        1. QANS scum post was a plea to emotion, nostalgia and ego.
                        2. No details were given on the "accounting costs"
                        3. He says various things were paid for but doesn't list the hosting providers with a link to their costs.
                        4. THERE IS NO TRANSPARENCY
                        5. He doesn't trust me to do shit but then his fucking double standard kicks in and he expects everyone to blindly trust him, because he's a piece of shit that runs on "reputation" who meanwhile acts totally different in PMS than he does in public. You see his tainted ass dissing me in public? He speaks respectfully in public, the sign of someone who cares about popularity.

P.S I might have told someone to uninstall once in 20 years, and i was joking.
                        Last edited by Falconeer; 12-12-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

How can you ask people for money, without giving details? I would never fucking do that, because despite all my trash talk i have more morality all of you fucking pretenders.

Comment

June 31st..a non-existent day....makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              June 31st..a non-existent day....makes sense
                              smart man
                              Leland

Comment

Working...
                              X