why tw staff so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why tw staff so bad?

8.1.2019 some1 named Tucker shows up and accuses me of "multi clienting" and says "you have 1 minute to log off on ur 2nd name" ok?....then he bans me. ridicously epic that multi clienting is even so big deal. there is like zero benefits of doing it. its pretty much a favor to zone. increases popularity
    later 4 20 tolds me ive been banned because im "storm"?. the chaos player.
    they say we have same ip.
    truth is guy is my real life friend and i have played at his place once or two. but why the hell u give me ban and u let him stay in TW "IF WE ARE THE SAME GUY"????????????????????????????????????????????? ? ????????????????
    Last edited by Sulla; 01-09-2019, 12:29 PM.
    WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

OK - here's the deal:

Sulla, as we just spoke about in PM for 20-30 minutes, you have admitted to both myself and 4 20 that you were multi-clienting. It's in logs that we both have. Multi-clienting is illegal whether you like it or not, and for a variety of legitimate reasons which you may or may not agree with. Some people think a "no racism" rule is stupid, but they still get punished for it - it's just the way it goes.

That being said, I understand your frustration for being banned for multi-clienting with an alias that potentially is not you at all. As I said, I don't have sufficient evidence to 100% prove or deny that, but the information available to us does show that you and "Storm" have both logged in from the exact same IP and MID. However, you told me today that you were multi-clienting, but on a different alias, possibly "triggered".

Also, you evaded your 1 day zone ban later in the day, subsequently causing a second one day zone ban, which actually could carry a much heftier penalty.

In the interest of resolving this as amicably as possible, and given that you were multi-clienting, and subsequently evaded a ban, I have lifted your second zone ban and you can serve out the remainder of your initial one day ban, which lapses in less than an hour.

I have no doubt that this does not please you despite it being more than fair, as evidenced by the fact that you're spamming me with PMs right now, but this is about as fair a shake as you're going to get. As always, if you have any issues with my decision, there are people above my head that get paid the big bucks to hear your appeals. twcomplaints@gmail.com.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

1 nick per user wat time
      WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
        Some people think a "no racism" rule is stupid, but they still get punished for it
        lol no they don't. Chat is full of racist bullshit 24/7 and nothing happens unless they use THE WORD.

Staff relying on their tooling is the same problem I have when I report lag cheaters. Staff look at some data and say "that person is fine" when they're obviously not. Staff needs to stop relying on 1990's tooling.

p.s. lol Sulla, rekt.
        p.p.s. pee pee sock
        p.p.p.s. #freesulla

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          lol no they don't. Chat is full of racist bullshit 24/7 and nothing happens unless they use THE WORD.

Staff relying on their tooling is the same problem I have when I report lag cheaters. Staff look at some data and say "that person is fine" when they're obviously not. Staff needs to stop relying on 1990's tooling.

p.s. lol Sulla, rekt.
          p.p.s. pee pee sock
          p.p.p.s. #freesulla
          Not true. Staff are supposed to police clearly racist statements, whether THE WORD is used or not. I do it frequently. The problem is that it's difficult to define where "THE LINE" is on it and different staff members may have different interpretations of where that line is. Obviously, the most clear cut racism issues are when THE WORD is used, but that doesn't account for all of the times people are warned or silenced for it. Also, consider that while chat may be full of racist, cancerous bullshit, and you see 3 staff members online, they all may just be AFK. We have very low manpower and it's just not possible to sit there and read every line all day.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

p.s. lol Sulla, rekt.
            p.p.s. pee pee sock
            p.p.p.s. #freesulla
            Also, as an aside, when you report lag cheaters, they are generally just fine by every measure (which includes using my 1990's tooling and my eyes). You have terrible lag and I'm sure that makes your on-screen visuals look quite different than those who do not.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

You have terrible lag
              Nope. Typical staff bullshit, just blame the reporter coz u can't make sense of it.

Comment

Nope. Typical staff bullshit, just blame the reporter coz u can't make sense of it.

If you're so well-seasoned at it, feel free to apply for staff and seek out our heavy hitter 2019 lag cheaters.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

I've always said I'd be staff if I had the power to ban the bullshit chat and the lag cheaters.

Comment

Apply and you can enforce the rules according to the ban manual.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

If the ban manual worked we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Comment

If the ban manual worked we wouldn't be having this conversation.
                        There is an absolute zero percent chance of satisfying everyone with that document - why is your opinion so much more important than anyone elses? I think your radical ideas have been given adequate public exposure, with qan even putting out a poll for one of them to determine if there was public support for it - we all know how that turned out.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

There is an absolute zero percent chance of satisfying everyone with that document - why is your opinion so much more important than anyone elses? I think your radical ideas have been given adequate public exposure, with qan even putting out a poll for one of them to determine if there was public support for it - we all know how that turned out.
                          Yep - people chose to have their chat full of bullshit. That's why I have a growing ignore.txt.
                          No vote about banning lag cheaters tho. Would be good.
                          My opinion is more important because I'm right and you're wrong, obviously.

Comment

Yep - people chose to have their chat full of bullshit. That's why I have a growing ignore.txt.
                            No vote about banning lag cheaters tho. Would be good.
                            My opinion is more important because I'm right and you're wrong, obviously.
                            Put together a comprehensive proposal regarding lag cheating that could be implemented with our "1990's tools" and run of the mill intelligence, and I'll see what I can do. Make sure to include fool proof detection methods and the penalties that should be enforced. Also, don't forget to include provisions for players from notoriously "laggy" areas, such as Australia and Brazil. Also, make sure that this proposal makes sense in 2019 with the realities of population decline in mind. I will look forward to what you come up with, and I'll even credit you if it is worthwhile to put into practice.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Rab's lag manual for staff:
                              1. If they're teleporting, ban them.
                              2. If their ship doesn't turn smoothly so you can't tell which way they're facing, ban them.
                              3. If they eat really often, ban them.
                              4. If their shots appear really far from their ship, ban them.
                              5. If they have over 200ms, ban them.
                              6. If Rab reports them, ban them.
                              7. if they're from Australia or Brazil, ban them.

Comment

Working...
                              X