No announcement yet.

why tw staff so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. That one missed pretty much all the marks. But I can't wait to hear the next complaint you have - nor can I wait for the next time you "quit." Pretty funny.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

So sulla got a 1 min warn before a ban? If he was exploiting leagues or gameplay I could maybe see reason to warn but if he was just in spec sitting there? Seems sort of harsh. Ask nicely to not do that and explain why. Staff is so selective when they pounce. They constantly allow hate speech, spamming and trolling beyond belief. They actually encourage and embrace it. I have come to expect being called foul ,hateful things, while getting spammed with pages green text while receiving clear hate speech EVERY time I log in. It is truly sad how bad they are now. I had to train a fucking ZH who hadn't been trained for 1 month on my own time last week because he didn't know how to take calls and no one had even gone over the basics with him. I did this even after I was run out of staff over complete BS after doing my job as a staffer and staff trainer for years of keeping things like this intact. All I have to say is look at the newest face recruited by staff ...

Angelgirl <ZH>

A known provocateur evil troll who buddies up with the likes of players like tantalus to delve out grief all day long in game towards the player base. This person posted a suicide victim on gallery and it took staff 2 months to remove it. ..like really guys.. wow

Nothing else is needed to show how poorly led staff is right now. Whoever made that decision should be mocked and have that decision reversed immediately..guessing it is Henry Saari .. tw's most terrible sysop ever known.

Just log into pub, there are afkers over an hour just sitting there ruining game dynamics. Try and do a help calls to correct it.. and be ignored. Get upset when they refuse to do a damn thing to stop trolls , hate speech or lack of proper following of rules/doing real game exploits and be punished by them because somehow then you become the one causing an issue. It's ass backwards.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
        OK - here's the deal:

Sulla, as we just spoke about in PM for 20-30 minutes, you have admitted to both myself and 4 20 that you were multi-clienting. It's in logs that we both have. Multi-clienting is illegal whether you like it or not, and for a variety of legitimate reasons which you may or may not agree with. Some people think a "no racism" rule is stupid, but they still get punished for it - it's just the way it goes.

That being said, I understand your frustration for being banned for multi-clienting with an alias that potentially is not you at all. As I said, I don't have sufficient evidence to 100% prove or deny that, but the information available to us does show that you and "Storm" have both logged in from the exact same IP and MID. However, you told me today that you were multi-clienting, but on a different alias, possibly "triggered".

Also, you evaded your 1 day zone ban later in the day, subsequently causing a second one day zone ban, which actually could carry a much heftier penalty.

In the interest of resolving this as amicably as possible, and given that you were multi-clienting, and subsequently evaded a ban, I have lifted your second zone ban and you can serve out the remainder of your initial one day ban, which lapses in less than an hour.

I have no doubt that this does not please you despite it being more than fair, as evidenced by the fact that you're spamming me with PMs right now, but this is about as fair a shake as you're going to get. As always, if you have any issues with my decision, there are people above my head that get paid the big bucks to hear your appeals. twcomplaints@gmail.com.
        This was kind of funny (the as evidenced by how you are spamming me with pm's now).

Anyway, Voth, there are few issues here. Why is multi-clienting illegal? People are still allowed to multi-client in different zones (so 1 client in eg and 1 client in tw), just not the same zones? And is this rule a necessary rule or is it just archaic? take for example that most zones used to have a rule about no zone advertising. This was a really dumb rule even back when zones had 800 people (probably even more so back then given that there was more people to go around). You could get banned for zone advertising. If both clients are in spec, then it's practically a none issue. Also if multi-clienting abuses something, i'm pretty sure a silence and spec would resolve that. Why the ban?

Other than that, i just think mods need to lay off the threats. A moderator is there to make allies with people not enemies. A moderator is supposed to talk first (not threaten) and ban as very very last resort. A moderator is not a moderator to troll trolls out of the game. That never works, it just creates a cycle of abuse. i suggest staff treat people better, take time to talk to people, hire more like minded staff to spread out how much time a mod has to spend online... No matter what you say it's very obvious tucker doesn't currently have the temperament to be a moderator. he's often antagonistic, often trolls, often acts superior to people, often doesn't listen, and often doesn't take time to deal with people (because he really doesn't want to) and i don't blame him, but that just means staff isn't for him. staff is supposed to be for those people who love to talk with others and treat them as human beings and figure out if something can be resolved... it's really social work... great staff will never have to use a ban ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
          So sulla got a 1 min warn before a ban? If he was exploiting leagues or gameplay I could maybe see reason to warn but if he was just in spec sitting there? Seems sort of harsh. Ask nicely to not do that and explain why. Staff is so selective when they pounce. They constantly allow hate speech, spamming and trolling beyond belief. They actually encourage and embrace it. I have come to expect being called foul ,hateful things, while getting spammed with pages green text while receiving clear hate speech EVERY time I log in. It is truly sad how bad they are now. I had to train a fucking ZH who hadn't been trained for 1 month on my own time last week because he didn't know how to take calls and no one had even gone over the basics with him. I did this even after I was run out of staff over complete BS after doing my job as a staffer and staff trainer for years of keeping things like this intact. All I have to say is look at the newest face recruited by staff ...

Angelgirl <ZH>

A known provocateur evil troll who buddies up with the likes of players like tantalus to delve out grief all day long in game towards the player base. This person posted a suicide victim on gallery and it took staff 2 months to remove it. ..like really guys.. wow

Nothing else is needed to show how poorly led staff is right now. Whoever made that decision should be mocked and have that decision reversed immediately..guessing it is Henry Saari .. tw's most terrible sysop ever known.

Just log into pub, there are afkers over an hour just sitting there ruining game dynamics. Try and do a help calls to correct it.. and be ignored. Get upset when they refuse to do a damn thing to stop trolls , hate speech or lack of proper following of rules/doing real game exploits and be punished by them because somehow then you become the one causing an issue. It's ass backwards.
          pretty much agree with everything you said... though i bet our methods differ on how to resolve these issues.. still we're calling the same things.

Comment

Staff is supposed to have a better standard than trolls. You are supposed to treat people so fairly and so nicely, that when they do get banned, silenced, spec, they actually feel good about it. Not about the punishment or consequence, but they don't feel mistreated - they don't feel it was personal - they feel you DID care but your hands were tied, which means it wasn't indifference either. They feel you respected them, and that they really crossed the line. You did your job. That's the feeling people should be getting from staff interactions and they don't.

And what's funny is in a big community it's possible to say... well staff can't possibly do this, there is 30,000 players. But we have such a small community currently, you guys just need to hire people, train them, and grow your resources out a bit more. There will be bad hires, but that's part of finding good staff... best thing is to have the trainer and head mod online very often during the recruiting process, and to for the love of god hire people under the premise that staff isn't about your ban power, it's about how you approach problems/conflict and how you treat people first and foremost.
            Last edited by Falconeer; 01-13-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X