Interzone chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interzone chat

So at some point interzone chat has been enabled. It seems that somehow messages from EG are posted in TW via bot TW-Chat.

For example, this is from the past few mins:

Code:
    TW-Chat> #EG:Ratio> yea even rag pickers have cellphones in india
    TW-Chat> #EG:D:Fc> SHOUTOUT FROM EG DISCORD
    TW-Chat> #EG:koppit> and that's why the natives here have so many kids!
    TW-Chat> #EG:Fc> is always the women's fault
    TW-Chat> #EG:Fc> grab them by the pussy
    TW-Chat> #EG:Lady Vader> lmao
    TW-Chat> #EG:Fc> you can use ?ignore
    TW-Chat> #EG:Fc> rab is so sensitive
    TW-Chat> #EG:Ratio> all these guys are in tw?
    TW-Chat> #EG:Fc> yea
    TW-Chat> #EG:koppit> kevin federline hit the goldmine marrying her for two years
    TW-Chat> #EG:koppit> a russian trained-to-kill robot
    TW-Chat> #EG:koppit> the one that can shoot people now, because that's smart russia
    TW-Chat> #EG:D:koppit> The Russians. They have those sex bots too
    TW-Chat> #EG:D:koppit> I feel like they're way ahead of the robot curve
    It seems there is an option to disable it globally, because this happened:

Code:
    TW-Chat> Interzone chat is now OFF
    TW-Chat> Interzone chat is now ON
    So what's this thread about? ...

Ppl know I've been trying to take control of my chat window by building an ignore list, and it's an ongoing battle. Having to police chat from EG too makes it even harder. So, for players like me (and they do exist because I get messages thanking me for my ignore list) this feature is bad. Ideally I'd like it to be turned off permanently.

I considered whether there could be an option to opt-out of these messages. That isn't going to be technically possible because TW-Chat is sending messages to the freq, not to individual players.

I could ?ignore TW-Chat, and if nothing better happens then that's what I'll do. But the downside is I would lose access to :TW-Chat:!whohas x which is a really useful feature. Perhaps TWDBot could have the !whohas command (as it's basically used for TWD purposes anyway) even if it only forwards the command to TW-Chat and relays the response.

So staff... you've introduced this feature, pretty obvious it's something to do with zone collaboration, but it has negative impacts. What should players do if they don't want this feature?
    Last edited by Rab; 01-09-2019, 01:51 PM.

I'll open a ticket to look at moving !whohas over to another bot. It's always seemed very strange that it's on TW-Chat to begin with. Thanks.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I couldn't move !whohas to TWDBot due to leagues core not having access to the DB that has that info (and our awful in-house SQL handler is a mightily bloated beast). But, I've been able to add it to WhoBot, which is the bot that compiles the info that's in !whohas, anyhow, so it sort of makes sense. Strangely enough, WhoBot already tracks !whohas and sends it over to TW-Chat. But now it just runs the method itself, so that you'll receive the info PM'd back from WhoBot and not TW-Chat. Well, or it will after the next update in a few hours.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Cool ty.

Just a minor point:

It does this:

Code:
        :whobot:!whohas 5
        (WhoBot)>Squads with (5+): WOLF(9)
        (WhoBot)>,---------------------------| WhoBot |---------------------------+
        (WhoBot)>| WhoBot is a roaming bot that keeps track of online players in  |
        (WhoBot)>| private and low population arenas. WhoBot synchronizes with    |
        (WhoBot)>| TW-Chat bot so that the online player information remains as   |
        (WhoBot)>| accurate as possible. After roaming, WhoBot also uses *locate  |
        (WhoBot)>| to reduce update delays caused by SS arena change restrictions.|
        (WhoBot)>`----------------------------------------------------------------+
        It would be better if it did this:

Code:
        :whobot:!whohas 5
        (WhoBot)>Squads with (5+): WOLF(9)

Comment

Ahh, thanks, will fix. Considering our QA is literally "push it untested into production and see if it breaks" it's a miracle this kind of stuff doesn't pop up all the time. (Scratch that: it does.)

Comment

Looks good now ty.

Comment

Working...
            X